• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Mixed feelings.

On the one hand, there is concern that invasion of privacy has gone too far.

On the other hand, whenever a terrorist strikes, doesn't everyone cry out why the gov't spy agencies didn't know about it?

There are risks we have to live with if we want to be people with rights that are actually respected by the state. Of course encroachment always starts in teh name of safety, but once the precedence is set there is no going back.

There are also risks for following Christ

“If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.  Matthew 16:24

Dare I ask, how is that a response to what the discussion is?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Mixed feelings.

On the other hand, whenever a terrorist strikes, doesn't everyone cry out why the gov't spy agencies didn't know about it?

There are risks we have to live with if we want to be people with rights that are actually respected by the state. Of course encroachment always starts in teh name of safety, but once the precedence is set there is no going back.

“If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.  Matthew 16:24

I was responding to your reply, not the discussion.  I thought that was obvious. :P

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Mixed feelings.

I was responding to your reply, not the discussion.  I thought that was obvious. :P

Okay, no problem, It just seemed random and I was unsure how to interpret it.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

The German and Brazilian governments have both just announced that they will be setting up systems of servers that operate only inside their borders in an attempt to stop the NSA spying on them. I don't know how this will work but apparently they seem to think it will, and the Germans are no slouch's when it comes to technology.

I applaud both the Germans and Brazilian governments, government has so over stepped the boundaries of freedom, and its only matter of time when these same powers will be used against people, if they are not all ready 

You applaud censorship and restriction of what a citizen is allowed to see or read?  Seriously?

you must not understand what the filter does, people can go anywhere on the web in Germany and Brazil the filter simply makes it impossible to follow your travel to your address, much the same way "Hide your IP" websites work 

you are mistaken.  those who control the server control the access.  Everything from sites to the answer you get in your search engine can all be filtered through the server.  this is what China has been doing for every and now these countries will join in..

Also, as much as you buy into every CT out there, the I find the fact you think the IP hiders work to be amazing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

Kind of makes you think just how long it will be before they start tapping into our conversations ?  I would not put it past them.  If it's one thing I have learned about this government in the last few years it's not to trust anything they say or do.  

do you seriously think they don't already.

I think that they already do.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Howdy all! Long time no see, I hope you all are doing fine!

Man, I saw this topic and said I gotta respond after I read Kwick's post

(hi girly! how are you?) I wanted to respond because me and a friend of mine (who is from another forum) did a little experiment of our own at my own forum. I even shared this incident there also.

Okay, just so you know,  I have two forums, one for my studies (as online storage) and that's all I use that one for. The other forum (just a website toolbox type forum) I use to keep in touch with friends if I am leaving an open forum, because I truly hate my email (I always have). So its like my daily "stop on by" center to touch base.

So anyway, it was a 2 member forum, just me and him there and this very conversation come up (big brothers watching stuff). Which is nothing new I have jumped on various discussions that come up concerning it as its a common topic on forums. But I never really *saw* it with my own eyes for the reality of it to hit home with me.

Okay, so as we are discussing this and he is dropping "keywords" (with a fake evil laugh) and in come "guests" to my forum, and he's like, "I told you so" lol. Now this forum is locked (mind you) its not searchable (tried it) I own it and I cant view my own forum unless I sign in, and no one (not even me) can view it as a guest, its just how I have the security set.

Then we started laughing (between ourselves) "big brothers spying on us". I would go to the front of the page and see the number of guests we had, and ask him if he to go to the front of the forum to see if he saw what I was seeing there. He was like yeah, I can see them its big brother they do that now.

And its like "I knew it" (but It really wasn't hitting home with me so much) till that experience, if you know what I mean?

So we start running with the idea, dropping the obvious keywords that might draw some attention. That's when 3 guests (besides us two visible members) become 5 guests right? Then we'd do it again and those 5 guests becomes 9, and then 9 guests become 12 and then 15,  etc. And I can still snag it a picture view of the bottom of my (then)  2 member forum having 17 guests (during the time of June 28, 2013) which was the evening we were playing this little game.

So it still reads (even to this day) 17 guests from that time. As most forums typically register the most users on at any given time.

And this all took place in a matter of 15 minutes too. And I had the entire conversation (between us) and which words would bring more in (and the copy paste of each front page glance we took) as we sought to increase the number.

But that's when I got a real eye opener because I knew my set up, my security and I knew who I invited and what was going down at that time.

Its creepy.

Its true they are spying us lol

You can buy a toolbox site for as cheap as $4 for the first month, just to try that little experiment for yourself. Then just copy paste your results lol

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

The invasion of privacy is out of control.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone!

Hey Flame,good to hear from you (miss you darlin')alarming experiment!    I just watched a John Hagee sermon,every now & then he has some very interesting topics & this one happened to be about big brother,he pointed out how nothing was done to prevent the bombing at the Boston marathon ((even though Russian intelligence had warned us ) and all that internet exchange was clearly ignored ....but yet you can bet they are paying attention to who attended church service Sunday morning,really?I have no idea where he got this information and if it is even true?I don't know what to make of all of this but it is certainly nothing new....

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

The German and Brazilian governments have both just announced that they will be setting up systems of servers that operate only inside their borders in an attempt to stop the NSA spying on them. I don't know how this will work but apparently they seem to think it will, and the Germans are no slouch's when it comes to technology.

I applaud both the Germans and Brazilian governments, government has so over stepped the boundaries of freedom, and its only matter of time when these same powers will be used against people, if they are not all ready 

You applaud censorship and restriction of what a citizen is allowed to see or read?  Seriously?

you must not understand what the filter does, people can go anywhere on the web in Germany and Brazil the filter simply makes it impossible to follow your travel to your address, much the same way "Hide your IP" websites work 

That is SO not what these closed servers do and, yes, I DO understand them.  Why on earth would any free person think government control of information is a good idea? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,231
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

it's an oxymoron.