firestormx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

To love someone doesn't mean I have to accept their behavior or condone their sin.  In fact, by definition of true love, you would want to warn someone about the consequences of their sin.  They want us to just shut up about it and accept it or else we're bigots.

Do you honestly think there is even one gay person in America who doesn't know or heard what God thinks regarding the homosexual lifestyle?

And If they wanted to know, do you think maybe they might step into a church, ask a friend! discuss at school or work, buy a book, watch any of 100 tv evangelists, or even jump on a Christian forum to find out ?

Why anyone thinks it is our duty to Bible thump somebody we barely know is beyond my comprehension. This is not LOVE, God style.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

Oh I understand your point. I think the best way to evangelize someone is to show them Christ's love through you.  That is the only way they will come to know Christ...not by debate or throwing hell in their faces. My problem is this idea of intolerant tolerance where if you are against their worldview or think something is a sin or wrong, you're a bigot or hater.  I can still be against their lifestyle and love them.  That goes for anyone.  My sister lives with her boyfriend and got pregnant out of wedlock after a one-night-stand. The rest of the family kinda shunned her at first and wanted her to have an abortion, but I was there and loved her.  She knows full well my thoughts on the matter, but she didn't see me judging her or hating her...but saw me reflecting Christ's love on her.  And because of that, she edges closer and closer to accepting Christ.  She now believes in God (which is a first), but is doing so at distance and being cautious. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Oh I understand your point. I think the best way to evangelize someone is to show them Christ's love through you.  That is the only way they will come to know Christ...not by debate or throwing hell in their faces. My problem is this idea of intolerant tolerance where if you are against their worldview or think something is a sin or wrong, you're a bigot or hater.  I can still be against their lifestyle and love them.  That goes for anyone.  My sister lives with her boyfriend and got pregnant out of wedlock after a one-night-stand. The rest of the family kinda shunned her at first and wanted her to have an abortion, but I was there and loved her.  She knows full well my thoughts on the matter, but she didn't see me judging her or hating her...but saw me reflecting Christ's love on her.  And because of that, she edges closer and closer to accepting Christ.  She now believes in God (which is a first), but is doing so at distance and being cautious.

There you go. Great example of how bible thumping isn't usually the way to win people over to Christ, especially in America. Thanks for sharing this amigo.

PS. One of these days, maybe you tell me what your avatar means.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

I remember I too am a sinner, and shouldn't throw stones. I treat them with love and respect. But it is a sin and I don't condone it. Keep them in your prayers.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I work with many gays.I do not shun them but many look down their noses at them.They have even come up to me and given me a hug.God loves them.I do not adhere to their lifestyle nor would I have one of them as my best friend.I do not argue the fact that their lifestyle is a sin.I just let it go.

That is the worst thing you can do for them.  Don't just let it go.  You need to share the truth with them.  The most unloving, unChristlike thing we can do is let people simply walk down the road to destruction without trying warn them and reach out to them.

Are you kidding me.I would be fired so fast it would make my head spin.Do you work among the gay?

Stay the course here bopeep. We can witness with other ways than our words. Besides, I'm sure gays know what the word says. Unless these gays name the name of Jesus and you have standing in their life, I do not believe bible thumping is the best approach to witness to them. I'm sure You know the other methods to show and witness to them the love of Christ and I'm sure you are good at it.

For instance, in this example you cited: you are kind to them while others are not. I'm sure they are processing that you love Jesus and you are showing kindness to them. This is a GOOD witness for Christ because he is love.

If you get close enough and the conversation comes up and they ask you some questions.....I'm sure you are prepared to give them the answer in love.

In love,

Spock

Yes in that same love He (The Lord Jesus) will put them into eternal torment

if they don't repent of their ways and turn to Him for forgiveness... As you have said

God 'IS' Love and hell awaits for the unrepentant sinner! Love, Steven

I have always wondered about this...

And I admit that this is not a topic for this thread....but oh well.

You point out that God loves homosexuals, and that hell itself is some form of love......

I admit the practicality of "tough love".  But then tough love as we (and often times HE exercises it) is intended to bring about some good: we scold our children to bring about good and healthy behavior.

Love, as it were, is for the benefit of the object of love; all punishments are intended to improve the object punished.

So how does hell (eternal separation from LOVE HIMSELF) benefit the damned?.

Just curious.

clb

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Sigh.... Please say we are not going through this again for 900th time.  Homosexuality is a sin.  That's it.  God loves the sinner and  hate the sin. I have a friend who is gay.  but my showing and sharing with him the truth has done no good because he truly believes that God created him that way and therefore he is going to heaven.  He has admitted he has never read the Bible and says that the parts in the Bible about homosexuality are written by and I quote.... "bigots" God calls it sin.   He is involved in the world of " spirits." I have shared with him there is only one good spirit and that it the Holy Spirit.  He is dealing with demons,  He response is there is more truth then the Bible.  I have had to back off except for praying for him because he is not receiving the truth.  The truth is..God  loves the sinner but He hates the sin.  So can we please for the 900th time let this subject go?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,232
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Yes in that same love He (The Lord Jesus) will put them into eternal torment

if they don't repent of their ways and turn to Him for forgiveness... As you have said

God 'IS' Love and hell awaits for the unrepentant sinner! Love, Steven

I have always wondered about this...

And I admit that this is not a topic for this thread....but oh well.

You point out that God loves homosexuals, and that hell itself is some form of love......

I admit the practicality of "tough love".  But then tough love as we (and often times HE exercises it) is intended to bring about some good: we scold our children to bring about good and healthy behavior.

Love, as it were, is for the benefit of the object of love; all punishments are intended to improve the object punished.

So how does hell (eternal separation from LOVE HIMSELF) benefit the damned?.

Just curious.

clb

The topic of this thread "How do you address Homosexuality?" literally is

grounded in the spiritual essence of foundational realities that are formed before

the outworking of the bodily display. It is in this depth of Spirit that I speak to

this spirit of homosexuality and it is as all spirits of error one with rebuke of The

Lord Jesus. Now the person that is trapped in this spirit has the value of seeing this

(what) they are and (what) they serve is without life and turn and cry out for Jesus and

be regenerated into new birth and Spirit ... that is the only value the ungodly have

is the possibility of being made Godly by God by their choice!

2 Cor 6:14-18

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath

righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth

with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye

are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk

in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come

out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean

thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be

my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

KJV

So if the favor of God in the eternal keeping resides only in the things of God and that

which He keeps thus indicating a value system of worth that resides in God- then the most

loving thing that can be done for the spirit family of rebellion is separation from God

and that is exactly what hell is! God's wrath abides in this place called hell instead of

love because God has no need of wrath in the eternal state as only His Love in The Personal

Being continues with His possessions in a place where sin never has been nor even

considered-> becoming the unbounded reality of all things are possible as all glory is His

Glory unfettered by all first born concepts...

In simple distinct terms there is 'NO' benefit [(ed) (ing)] in that void of godless! The lie

is that life is found elsewhere other than in God and the eternal truth 'IS'= no it is not!

Thus Hell is eternal because of that which is truth formed from the lie which perverted the

truth in the beginning! The truth-> God 'IS' and there 'IS' no other and in Him 'IS' Life...

Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I have a very smart mouth ( and personality ) that I fight constantly to keep under control. Read enough of my posts I'm sure you will see it. My favorite T-shirt to wear says " Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid " . I sometimes have trouble saying what I want to say without offending. I don't mean harm, ( most of the time). Things just come out wrong sometimes no matter how long I try to stop and think about what I am trying to say.

To my question then. I was reading an article about a minister who was suspended by his church for marrying his gay son. In the comment section was a lot of venomous speech from both sides. It got me wondering.

How do you talk about Homosexuality? be it in person or online? In our everyday life, how do we speak the truth in love, never condoning sin on this issue? There are so many arguments used. What do you say to them? By our love we are suppose to be known as followers of Christ. ( I believe ) homosexuality is a sin, but if you say anything about it, then your a homophobe and a hater. How do you discuss this properly in real life and stay biblical without offending? Why is this so important to me, you may ask. I strive in Jesus to live this verse as much as possible in Christ. 

James 3:2

For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.

Thanks in advance to all who respond and may God Bless you all

Firestormx

Joseph

It doesn't matter what you say or how you say it, sooner or later you will offend someone especially with regard to a controversial subject.

Suddenly people who've had no interest (or training or devotion or participation) in religion whatsoever seem to be passionate about uttering expert opinion on how you or I should reinterpret Holy Writ.

….on how WE should live OUR lives, in light of the way THEY live THEIRS.

But WE are not supposed to criticize THEM?

The gay life style is more than Biblically unsound, it is downright dangerous….to its participants.   This much is not revealed in common news stories, dialogue on college or high school campuses or in stories.   Heterosexual relations have had millenniums to form - to order to keep men and women safe.  And they still have a way of breaking down at times.   Homosexual relations have no safety nets at all….even in the modern age when any filthy thing they want to be proud of is achieved in private and public.

I left high school and went into the military where I received a letter from my mother one day.   In the letter was a newspaper clipping.   A boy I had known in school had been found dead as the result of a homosexual encounter that went terribly wrong.  His name was Peter and he had done nothing worthy of a death sentence except to associate with homosexuals with a twisted idea of what love really means.

And I haven't even touched on drug use common in homosexual communities, the progression and risk of disease from multiple sex partners the personal trauma it causes families and last of all - the effect of sin.

For in the end that is what the gay life style really is - sin.  God forbids it.   There is no way to justify it and keep the Bible consistent with its message.  That which God forbids can never be justified as something other than heinous rebellion against the Most High.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

It doesn't matter what you say or how you say it, sooner or later you will offend someone especially with regard to a controversial subject.

Suddenly people who've had no interest (or training or devotion or participation) in religion whatsoever seem to be passionate about uttering expert opinion on how you or I should reinterpret Holy Writ.

….on how WE should live OUR lives, in light of the way THEY live THEIRS.

But WE are not supposed to criticize THEM?

The gay life style is more than Biblically unsound, it is downright dangerous….to its participants.   This much is not revealed in common news stories, dialogue on college or high school campuses or in stories.   Heterosexual relations have had millenniums to form - to order to keep men and women safe.  And they still have a way of breaking down at times.   Homosexual relations have no safety nets at all…even in the modern age when any filthy thing they want to be proud of is achieved in private and public.

I left high school and went into the military where I received a letter from my mother one day.   In the letter was a newspaper clipping.   A boy I had known in school had been found dead as the result of a homosexual encounter that went terribly wrong.  His name was Peter and he had done nothing worthy of a death sentence except to associate with homosexuals with a twisted idea of what love really means.

And I haven't even touched on drug use common in homosexual communities, the progression and risk of disease from multiple sex partners the personal trauma it causes families and last of all - the effect of sin.

For in the end that is what the gay life style really is - sin.  God forbids it.   There is no way to justify it and keep the Bible consistent with its message.  That which God forbids can never be justified as something other than heinous rebellion against the Most High.

:thumbsup:

~

Death

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:32

Or

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

Life

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Praying~!

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,232
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

James 3:2

For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.

Thanks in advance to all who respond and may God Bless you all

Firestormx

Joseph

How do I address homosexuality... well

the first thing I put on is A

then the very next thing is B

then the very next thing is O

then the very next thing is M

then the very next thing is I

then the very next thing is N

then the very next thing is A

then the very next thing is T

then the very next thing is I

then the very next thing is O

then the very next thing is N

as I have completely addressed the topic as God has...

I am now compelled to love them as Christ did!

Tell them to repent of their sin and if they don't

shake the dust from my feet of them!

Love, Steven