GlidingWings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

This subject has several views depending on what your fundamental beliefs are.  Pre/Mid/Post tribulation views all have their own spins on the 1000 years.  To me the Bible speaks very clearly on the subject and if you want to see it all put together in a nice guide I have one for you! 

http://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4989/t/1000-years-of-peace.aspx

I very much enjoyed reading this, thank you very much! :biggrin2:

I do have some questions however. Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but the first resurrection (in millennium) spoken of in Rev 20 is the rapture in glorified bodies of the living and dead in Christ? I'm just a bit confused because we have three different events happening during the first resurrection; 1. the rapture, 2. the second coming and 3. the 1,000 year millennium. Do these three events have a time frame of minutes/days/weeks? I mean, they can't all happen at the same exact time right???? Because they are three different events.

Also #6 says "The righteous will be in heaven with Jesus during the 1,000 years." THAT IS JUST AWESOME! WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE. Also, I would like to add that the dead in Christ now are also in heaven, right now! Their spirits are in heaven awaiting the 1,000 year reign. NOW this is making more sense. For example, if a believer died tomorrow, his/her spirit would go be with the Lord in heaven AND WAIT FOR THE 1,000 YEAR REIGN.

(#11 Answer:   At the close of the 1,000 years (when Jesus comes the third time) the wicked will be raised. Satan, loosed from his bonds, will then have an earth full of people (all the nations of the world to deceive.) I HAVE A QUESTION. Who exactly are all these people Satan is deceiving. I thought the living wicked died at the second coming of Christ?

Those answers depend on your eschatology view.You should not take everyone elses views or answers you should do a research of your own.Look at all the views.Then pray about it and ask God to show you the answer He wants you to have.That is what I did. 

Those answers depend on your eschatology view.You should not take everyone elses views or answers you should do a research of your own. Look at all the views.Then pray about it and ask God to show you the answer He wants you to have.

You don't have to tell me this every time I have a discussion with someone. Asking questions and learning how others think is the whole point of a forum.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I got some reading to do... Gog/Magog?  Ez 38? Zechariah??? Y'all are deep!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1988

I do have some questions however. Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but the first resurrection (in millennium) spoken of in Rev 20 is the rapture in glorified bodies of the living and dead in Christ? I'm just a bit confused because we have three different events happening during the first resurrection; 1. the rapture, 2. the second coming and 3. the 1,000 year millennium. Do these three events have a time frame of minutes/days/weeks? I mean, they can't all happen at the same exact time right???? Because they are three different events.

At the second coming of Christ the dead in Christ will be risen. So the second coming ushers in the first resurrection. The words rapture means to be caught up or the catching away. So both those who are resurrected and the living who are righteous will be caught up to meet Jesus in the air.

1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 

1Co 15:51  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 
1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 
1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 

Dan 12:1  And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 
Dan 12:2  And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 

Also when Christ comes the wicked living shall be slain just from the very presence of Jesus. Revelation 20 is an actual continuation of revelation 19 although some of the chapters are not sequential. Revelation 19 shows Jesus coming back to the earth in respect to what will happen to the beast, false prophets and all their followers who are lost. 

Rev 19:6  And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. 
Rev 19:7  Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
(the wife or the bride of Christ is the church/everyone that would be saved) The wedding feasts is the second coming as seen in many parables by Jesus.

Rev 19:19  And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. 
Rev 19:20  And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. 
Rev 19:21  And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. 

So Revelation 19 here talks about the beast and his alliance and they are all slain. Then comes Revelation 20 which says what happens to Satan and therefore introducing the start of the 1000 year period. It mentions a few verses later the first resurrection. It does not mention however the dead in Christ being raised but all John says is that he sees people who were dead before with Christ. Now that is why the previous scriptures from I Thess 4 and I Cor 15 are important. Revelation 19 speaks of the second coming in relation to the wicked but those other passages speaks of the second coming in relation to the righteous. 

So looking at how Revelation 19 ends with the beast and his allies all being slain, then who would be alive during the 1000 years?

Also #6 says "The righteous will be in heaven with Jesus during the 1,000 years." THAT IS JUST AWESOME! WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE. Also, I would like to add that the dead in Christ now are also in heaven, right now! Their spirits are in heaven awaiting the 1,000 year reign. NOW this is making more sense. For example, if a believer died tomorrow, his/her spirit would go be with the Lord in heaven AND WAIT FOR THE 1,000 YEAR REIGN

The dead in Christ are not in heaven now. The verses I mentioned before states that the dead are sleeping in the dust of the ground. Another one:

Joh 5:28  Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 
Joh 5:29  And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. 

The spirit does return to God at death, but it is not the definition of spirit you are thinking of. You are thinking of spirit in terms of another form of existence which has consciousness but the bible does say the dead know nothing. 

Ecc 9:5  For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 
Ecc 12:7  Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. 

The spirit that returns to God is the breathe of life which God breathed into man (Genesis 2:7) to make him alive. When you die that is removed. 

(#11 Answer:   At the close of the 1,000 years (when Jesus comes the third time) the wicked will be raised. Satan, loosed from his bonds, will then have an earth full of people (all the nations of the world to deceive.) I HAVE A QUESTION. Who exactly are all these people Satan is deceiving. I thought the living wicked died at the second coming of Christ?

Yes they did. Revelation mentioned the first resurrection. Now if it mentioned a FIRST resurrection, then it obviously means there is a SECOND resurrection. If there was only one resurrection it would have just said The Resurrection. The people who Satan is deceiving are the people who are raised in the second resurrection upon whom the second death has full power unlike those who rise in the first resurrection. These people are then deceived by the devil and he convinces then that they are able to take the city. Then God would judge them and cast them into the lake of fire. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom to all, particularly ProphecyKid.

First, please, please, PLEASE, don't get caught up in the preterist, amillennial point of view! If you start down that road, you may never escape! First, it is NOT true that "Jesus said that His kingdom is not of this world!" When most people read "world" they think this "earth." That's NOT RIGHT! The Greek word used in John 18:36 and translated "world" is "kosmos." That's talking about a "world-SYSTEM," not the "earth," which is the Greek word "gee" (spelled "gamma-eta" and pronounced "gay"):

36 Apekrithee Ieesous, “Hee basileia hee emee ouk estin ek tou kosmou toutou; ei ek tou kosmou toutou een hee basileia hee emee, hoi hupeeretai hoi emoi eegoonizonto an hina mee paradothoo tois Ioudaiois, nun de hee basileia hee emee ouk estin enteuthen.”

36 Apekrithee = 36 Answered

Ieesous, = Yeshua`/Jesus,

Hee = “The

basileia = kingdom

hee = of-the

emee = me

ouk = not

estin = is

ek = out-of/from

tou = the

kosmou = world-system

toutou; = this;

ei = if

ek = out-of/from

tou = the

kosmou = world-system

toutou = this

een = were

hee = the

basileia = kingdom

hee = of-the

emee, = me

hoi = the

hupeeretai = under-oarsmen/subordinates

hoi = the

emoi = of-me

eegoonizonto = would-fight

an = want-to

hina = so-that

mee = not

paradothoo = I-should-be-surrendered

tois = to-the

Ioudaiois, = Jews,

nun = now

de = but

hee = the

basileia = kingdom

hee = of-the

emee = me

ouk = not

estin = is

enteuthen.” = within/of-here.”

36 Answered Yeshua`/Jesus, “The kingdom of-the me not is out-of/from the world-system this; if out-of/from the world-system this were the kingdom of-the me, the under-oarsmen/subordinates the of-me would-fight want-to so-that not I-should-be-surrendered to-the Jews, now but the kingdom of-the me not is within/of-here.”

36 Yeshua` answered, “My Kingdom is not out of this world-system; if my Kingdom were out of this world system, my subordinates would want to fight so that I should not be surrendered to the Jews, but now my Kingdom is not of here.”

Yeshua` is NOT saying His Kingdom is other-worldly or off-world! He is saying that His Kingdom will not be like other kingdoms of this world; that is, it will not be of the same political caliber and hierarchical structure as other kingdoms.

Second, most Christians do NOT understand what Yeshua` was saying in John 14:1-4:

John 14:1-4

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

KJV

Notice carefully that Yeshua` NEVER said that He would take them to His Father's house! Instead, He said that WHEN HE COMES AGAIN, He would receive us to Himself so that we could be where He is AT THAT TIME, and HE'LL BE BACK

Now, bear with me in this reasoning: We can deduce where His "Father's house" is. Abraham was, more or less, a Bedouin. That is, he wandered from place to place, following his flocks and herds, and he and his family lived in TENTS or "TABERNACLES":

Hebrews 11:8-10

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

KJV

That was His HOUSE! Now, look at Revelation 21:1-3:

Revelation 21:1-3

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

KJV

So, God's "tabernacle" or tent will be WITH MEN when the New Jerusalem comes down to the earth, AFTER the Millennium! Therefore, GOD'S tent or HOUSE will be WITH MEN for eternity! Right now, according to Yeshua`s (Jesus') words above, it is still "under construction."

I don't know whether we go to "Heaven" immediately after death. Many believe we do; others are convinced we don't. I don't know, but IF we do, we're going to the New Jerusalem that is still under construction, and we'll be WITHOUT our resurrected bodies, unable to enjoy it like we will in the future. 

Here's a little more reasoning:

Yeshua` said to the thief on the cross next to Him...

Luke 23:43

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

KJV

And, we read where "paradise" is (Greek word is "paradeisos") in Revelation:

Revelation 2:7

7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

KJV

We also read:

Revelation 22:1-2

1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2 In the midst of the street of it (the city New Jerusalem), and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

KJV

So, the tree of life is said to be in "the midst of paradise" and the tree of life is also said to be in "the midst of the street of the New Jerusalem." So, that tells us that the New Jerusalem is related to "paradise" in some way. Either "paradise" is INSIDE the New Jerusalem; the New Jerusalem is INSIDE "paradise," OR the New Jerusalem IS "paradise!"

The only other place that mentions "paradise" is 2 Corinthians 12:1-4:

2 Corinthians 12:1-4

1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)

4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

KJV

In verse 2, the Greek word translated "caught up" is "harpagenta." In verse 4, the Greek word translated "caught up" is "heerpagee." Both words are forms of the Greek word "harpazoo."

NT:726 harpazoo (har-pad'-zo); from a derivative of NT:138; to sieze (in various applications):

KJV - catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

There are no other references to the direction of "up." The word "up" is not really there, except in translation. So, again, the word "paradise" is related through the use of "harpazoo" to the "third heaven."

Whoever said it before him, Scofield says on page 1238 in his notes of the old Scofield Reference Bible (KJV), without a Bible reference I might add, that the first heaven is “of clouds,” the second heaven is “of stars,” and the third heaven is “God’s abode.” Thus, he used a SPATIAL reference to the "third heaven"; that is, the "third heaven" is away from us on earth SPATIALLY: of clouds, of stars, God's abode.

I like Peter's "explanation" for the "third heaven" better:

2 Peter 3:3-13

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

KJV

Thus, the first set of "heavens and earth" was before the Flood of Noach's day, the second set of "heavens and earth" is that set in which we currently live, and the third set of "heavens and earth" will exist after the Fire of the Lord's Day. Therefore, by this "explanation," the "third heavens" will be with the New Earth formed after the Millennium and after the Fire.

It is to THIS "third heaven" that I believe Paul was referring in 2 Corinthians 12:1-4. Therefore, this is a CHRONOLOGICAL view of the "third heaven": before the Flood, after the Flood and before the Fire, and after the Fire. So, Paul was in a way saying that this man (who may have been himself) was given a PROPHECY about the time of the "third heaven" when the New Jerusalem comes down to the earth. He wasn't taken "up"; he was taken "away in time," just as it has been for all the prophets! He was given a vision of the FUTURE! He was SEIZED to the "third heaven," and he was SEIZED into paradise!

Another point to bring out is that "paradise" is only used these three times in the Scriptures, but its Hebrew counterpart, "pardeec" (pronounced "pad-DACE") is also found three times in the Tanakh (the OT): Nehemiah 2:8, Ecclesiastes 2:5, and Song of Solomon 4:13.

OT:6508 pardeec (par-dace'); of foreign origin; a park:

KJV - forest, orchard.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Nehemiah 2:8

8 And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king's forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me.

KJV

Ecclesiastes 2:5

5 I made me gardens and orchards, and I planted trees in them of all kind of fruits:

KJV

Song 4:13-14

13 Thy plants are an orchard of pomegranates, with pleasant fruits; camphire, with spikenard,

14 Spikenard and saffron; calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense; myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices:

KJV

It's a PARK OF TREES, an ORCHARD! Thus, the Garden of Eden was such a "pardeec" or "paradise!" So will be the New Jerusalem, or at least the parks within the New Jerusalem where the Tree of Life is planted "in the midst of the street" and "on either side of the river of the water of life!"

We are NEVER told to anticipate "going to Heaven." We are told in Scripture to anticipate the RESURRECTION OF OUR BODIES! Whether we "go to Heaven" (or rather the New Jerusalem) when we die or we close our eyes in death and open them in the resurrection, it is the RESURRECTION we are to look forward to seeing!

Third, we can safely anticipate also the reign of the Messiah of God on this earth BEFORE the Fire. Almost ALL of the OT prophecies attest to His reign, particularly Isaiah, Ezekiel, and Zechariah! It was and is a PROMISE TO THE NATION ISRA'EL! Furthermore, it was promised to the Fathers - the Ancestors - of the Jews! They, too, will be resurrected and share in the Messiah's Kingdom! David is said to reign WITH the Prince, and we are said to reign WITH CHRIST or THE MESSIAH!

Ezekiel 34:1-24
1 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?
3 Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.
4 The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.
5 And they were scattered, because there is no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.
6 My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.
7 Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the Lord;
8 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;
9 Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of the Lord;
10 Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.
11 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.
12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
13 And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.
14 I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.
15 I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord God.
16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.
17 And as for you, O my flock, thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats.
18 Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet?
19 And as for my flock, they eat that which ye have trodden with your feet; and they drink that which ye have fouled with your feet.
20 Therefore thus saith the Lord God unto them; Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat cattle and between the lean cattle.
21 Because ye have thrust with side and with shoulder, and pushed all the diseased with your horns, till ye have scattered them abroad;
22 Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.
23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
24 And I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the Lord have spoken it.
KJV

Ezekiel 37:22-28
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
28 And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
KJV

Revelation 20:6

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

KJV

That's not the end of the reign, however; it's just the LAST 1,000 years of the 2nd earth. The reign goes on...

Luke 1:30-33

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

KJV

Revelation 22:5

5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

KJV

So, there's nothing to fear about Yeshua` reigning for a thousand years (a Millennium) nor about us reigning with Him. To the contrary, it will be an AWESOME time in earth's history! Furthermore, the Millennium will not be a time of easy peace. While there will be peace within the Messiah's rulership, this time period will be characterized by some conflict, as seen in Psalm 2:1-12 and 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 shown in post #9 above.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

We have been studying these chapters at home mostly relying on the Bible itself. As Bo peep says we should not rely on Bible Online devotionals alone. . Bo peep is not saying to not use this for understanding. She is saying make sure the Bible can back this up. We read at home online devotionals. I believe some but maybe not everything so I end up sharing only those things I believe. . I’ll need to use the best of my memory to what things we have learned at home. I am studying with my girlfriend. She has been helpful to point out comparisons what we are looking at.  Not e exactly as Siskel and Ebert Thumbs up and thumbs down approach  ha hahha..

Basically at this point what I see in my belief of study is chapter 19-22 all fit together. Just as Genes 1-4 fit together. A chronological beginning and a chronological end of things. However the Book of Revelation can also be backed up by both New and old scriptures in the Bible. I say this because Ezekiel 38 helped me to get a better picture how these 4 last books correlate to one another.  . But chapter 19 is a different circumstance than chapter 20. And chapter 20 is different circumstance than chapters 21 and 22. Some teach that Ezekiel 38 occurs during the trib. Looking at Rev. chapter 20 see what takes place after the 1000 years.  Read all of chapter 20 if it helps Gog and Magog are mentioned only after the millennium 1000 years after the first resurrection. So is it is my belief this war Ezekiel 38 is 1000 years later after the Great Trib. The trib consists of 7 long years. The end of the1000 years is a short time. Maybe less than 7 years. It’s probably then why the 7 years is still called the worse time in History.

But only the Ezekiel 38 war will end all of Humanity at the end of the millennium. I just really mean not the end of all people but the end of all flesh and blood including the birds of the air.

1 Corinthians 15

New King James Version (NKJV)

Our Final Victory

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Some teach the thousand years would be a time of peace or this represents God’s perfect Kingdom. I don’t believe this to be so. This time still does allow war to take place. That cant’ be a perfect Kingdom.

So in chapter 19 the armies and those who followed the beast are killed. The True Saints end up ruling over the people who will remain during the 1000 years. But during that time those on Earth will still be mortal and die. They will live and be judged according to their works just like now. The war of Gog and Magog is the last war of all ages. The Armageddon war was the last war of the end of this Church age. The war of Gog and Magog is the war to end all ages. The millennium is not the Church age. It is the millennium age but yet not a perfect age. There is still sin in the World. But it is not influences by Satan until he is released. I am not sure at this time if it will be more peaceful than the Church age of six thousand something years plus. The millennium perhaps might represent the seventh and final Day of God. But after the 1000 years will represent the 8th day of all Eternity as 1000 years is one day to God.

2 Peter 3

New King James Version (NKJV)

God’s Promise Is Not Slack

3 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us,[a] the apostles of the Lord and Savior, knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,[b] not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Please see in Ezekiel 38 the Hail fire that falls from Heaven the same as Rev Chapter 20. See Ezekiel 38 says they are numbered as the sand. See in Rev 20 it also says they are numbered as the sand. . This is why I believe this is the war after the one thousand years. This war of Ezekiel 38 will end all of human kind and even of birds of the air. Now I believe the fire God sends down will also melt the elements of the Earth. I believe the Day of the Lord represents these one thousand years as one day to God. This is the day of the Lord. Not one day but this time of period. So we are confused that the day of the Lord both brings Judgment and even brings in peace. The day or this time will do just both of that because the day of the Lord will also begin in chapter 21 Rev. which follows after chapter 20. 21 and 22 is not the day of the Lord. It is however the product of what the Day of the Lord had judged all the nations and opened up all the books. The day of the Lord begins at the end of the Trib. It ends at the end of all judgment both the righteous and the wicked.

Chapters 21 and 22 we now see we are looking at all eternity. We only see a view of those that are saved. Those who are not saved are outside of these perimeters gnashing and wailing of teeth. They will be the liars, wizards, Adulterers, sexually immoral, robbers, murders, Haters, and unbelievers. All these mentioned could be in chapter 20 during the 1000 years. That time is not a perfect age. But at chapter 21 and 22 they can not enter the New Heaven and New Earth that was created after the war of Gog and Magog and all the judgments of the world.

I admit this is a lot of study. It’s nothing simple at all. . I still believe everyone has a lot of questions how will it actually be like in the future from now?  God gives us a synopsis. God only shares those things He wants us to take notice of. But even as we see the birth pangs now we also see more signs along mentioned in the bible. For example Hurricane Sandy. The Bible did not say Hurricane. But I do believe such an event coincides with other end time events leading us to the 7 year trib. The 7 years will feel like a long time. . Will we be a part of the 1000 years with Christ? Let us wait and see. I don’t know who will be there and those who are the elect but I do know at least Jesus will be there. He is the only name we are sure with out a doubt. He Jesus the Son of God will live forever. Amen and Amen.

Edited by GlidingWings

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  315
  • Birthday:  12/31/1959

we are living in the last day or rather the last 1000 years for after the 6 day god rested and all he created were created in 6 days we only have 60 years at the most due, ask god thru christ and study all his words, peter says 1000 years is as a day and a day as a 1000 beside while christ was on trial he said his kingdom is not of this world, the son of man has no place to lay his head he has said the meek shall inherit the earth.

Ezekiel 38

11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.

study these words are they such people in this world today surely these are the meek.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

I think this is the year 5775, correct me if I'm wrong.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  4

Hi Enoch. It might be hard to say exactly. For example there are debates as to actually how old the Earth is itself. God created the Earth long ago. But the actual first did not occur until God spoke in the light in Genesis 1 verse 3. Since we know the falling angels or the serpent was here first the Earth is much older than man but by how many years? It’s hard to say maybe only God knows that answer.

Historians often usually differ in early events due to what records has been taken. The kind of calendars compared the one we have of now some believe because of the change in calendars we would be living maybe in the year for example 2025 than current day 2013. Trouble is Science and Math is not perfect when it comes to evaluating the time and that history. We don’t have a full grasp or knowledge of in full completeness. Again it is debated how many years we are talking about. Course many of us just round up six thousand years. So many would say Six days or six thousand years has occurred. We are going into the Seven Day. At what hour did Jesus awake on the Third Day?

I am speaking of the third day because some Christian teachers also compare that Jesus died 2000 yrs. Ago and we are also approaching that third day.

I guess in my opinion I would not usually exact days pretty much just estimation. There are Trillions of stars in the Galaxy. I don’t really believe any one person knows the number. That is given to God to know. Perhaps God may also be the only one to know how old the Earth is and how long Man kind has been here. I would call this Faith. Debate the year for extra knowing of history but really God to know all things. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I think this is the year 5775, correct me if I'm wrong.

I know of no reputable source that can tell what year we are currently in but believe that that is part of how Satan can deceive the whole world.  Rather than trying to understand the date, I have taken a position of biblically reasoning the signs of the times to determine where we are and what is about to happen.

As for the 1000 years, I have come to believe that their will be human beings in human bodies that can and will live and die during this time.  Those who rule and reign over them will be in glorified bodies and are immortal.  I remain open to changing my position given a new angle that I had not previously been exposed to but all things must be based upon the truth that is in Christ.  We know not what we shall be but we shall be like him for we shall see him as he is without the distraction of Sin in us.  His image will not be warped but perfectly understood.