• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1987

Praying for you. I struggle with this too, I have since I was 12 and I'm 26 now. I've slipped but I try and remember God loves me and treasures me, even when no one else does, and I know in the long run that will make it easier. I'm here to talk if you need to. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Pearl, do you know why you cut?

it is my understanding that there are many reasons..

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/03/1973

my counselor says in order to heal from this and my ED, that means i should have godly repentance, not worldly

maybe i am a horrible person for saying this but is it possible to have both? am i supposed to not have pain over hurting myself too?

am i just......bad?

Are you talking about self harming? you need to go to a worldly doctor who has worldly medication to help you cope with this unregettable but worldly illness.

You cant repent away faulty genes.

Edited by r3alchild

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49

my counselor says in order to heal from this and my ED, that means i should have godly repentance, not worldly

maybe i am a horrible person for saying this but is it possible to have both? am i supposed to not have pain over hurting myself too?

am i just......bad?

Are you talking about self harming? you need to go to a worldly doctor who has worldly medication to help you cope with this unregettable but worldly illness.

That is true, but that's more of a mental issue than biological - though I do agree to go to a secular psychologist, but more important to see a pastor for the spiritual side of things

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Birthday:  11/03/1973

am i just......bad?

That is true, but that's more of a mental issue than biological - though I do agree to go to a secular psychologist, but more important to see a pastor for the spiritual side of things

Yes that comment is very mature, this is the right answer but only if you follow jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

am i just......bad?

Yes that comment is very mature, this is the right answer but only if you follow jesus.

Pray first in everything, everything, listen, then go.

So the piece of advice in the quote below was the second thing I would do. Also the emphasis on Worldly is a bit off when it comes to scripture. Rather go to a Christian doctor if you can.  In the meantime ask true believers to continue to pray for you. God does perform miracles of healing, all the time. I am an example of answered prayer for addiction, as are others on Worthy.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22
  • Birthday:  03/07/1973

Satan’s modus operandi

Just recently realized what is the tool with which Satan controls humans. He does not have to give something to control a person, he just has to stop giving something he already does.

Just that simple!

All the days of your life one experiences oppression, depression, dissatisfaction.... where does it all come from? It comes from Satan. Then one comes across some kind of sin, sinful behavior and... wow! …all that pressure is momentarily lifted. Person feels awesome, released and starts thinking ... it feels so awesome, and natural, It must be "natural to me" Deeper and deeper into the sin he/she goes chasing that naturally free feeling which now comes at the higher and higher price, of more and more heavily sinful behavior.

One can find another "thing", another behavior, another sin that makes you feel good. Satan gladly trades one sin for another, only God truly sets free.

Edited by Sedoy

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

i dont want to over attach myself to someone and burden them or wear them out. 

The idea with being in a fellowship is that it's a whole group of people, not just one person. You won't burden a group or wear them out because it isn't all on one person to help you.

Still praying for you, sister. :emot-heartbeat:  :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings PreciousPearl

Wow,you got alot of advice here,didn't you?Can be a bit confusing I would imagine?Well,there are a couple that have offered the best words of wisdom,PRAY & seek Gods direction,He will direct your footsteps if you listen for that still Small Voice....................Jehovah Rapha is God that Heals,Healer God...the One that will make you well & He has many ways of going about it,He will lead You to where ,who & when you must go,,,,,,,,,,,,,in the meantime be comforted in His beautiful Psalms & be of good courage as you wait on Him!

Remember,all the urges & desires & cravings to do something cannot have any affect on you if you refrain from ACTING on these impulses......easier said than done?NO,you can do ALL things in Christ Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 2 weeks later...