IGNORED

what baffles you in the bible?

ayin jade

Guest ninhao

Jesus spoke on a lot of things, yet the defining issue of our day, homosexuality, he was quiet on.  I do wonder why that was, God knew that this would be an issue in the future yet Jesus never even gave the topic a passing word.

Jesus also didn't speak about pedophilia or rape do you use the same logic concerning these sins ? Jesus spoke about sexual sins and we know Paul specifically spoke about homosexual sin; do you accept Paul's words as congruent with Jesus teachings? 

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

Jesus spoke on a lot of things, yet the defining issue of our day, homosexuality, he was quiet on.  I do wonder why that was, God knew that this would be an issue in the future yet Jesus never even gave the topic a passing word.

Jesus also didn't speak about pedophilia or rape do you use the same logic concerning these sins ? Jesus spoke about sexual sins and we know Paul specifically spoke about homosexual sin; do you accept Paul's words as congruent with Jesus teachings? 

Neither of those is a defining issue of an era so the same logic would not apply.

Guest shiloh357

Neither of those is a defining issue of an era so the same logic would not apply.

Homosexuality is not the "defining' issue of our day. There are a lot of issues that define our day,  But that doesn't really matter.   The fact is that Jesus didn't addres a lot of important moral issues, like stem cell research, abortion, euthenasia, doctor-assistend suicide, pedophilia, alcoholism, drug abuse, the list goes on and on.   Homosexuality is one of just many red letter moral issues that plague our country and trying to single out homosexuality as THE defining issue of our day is unwarranted and untrue.

Guest ninhao

I'm confused LookingforAnswers,

Do you think Jesus would say Homosexuality is not sin ?

I do, but it is not about what I think, others think otherwise.  The question is "what baffles us about the Bible", and I do wonder why Jesus was silent on this topic.  He could have ended any and all confusion with his words.

Guest ninhao

I do, but it is not about what I think, others think otherwise.  The question is "what baffles us about the Bible", and I do wonder why Jesus was silent on this topic.  He could have ended any and all confusion with his words.

But He did LookingforAnswers. Who do you think gave the laws to Israel ? I feel compelled to say please don't be swayed by popular modernist argument.

Guest shiloh357

But Jesus did affirm traditional biblical marriage, so in that sense, he is not silent on the issue. 

But He did LookingforAnswers. Who do you think gave the laws to Israel ? I feel compelled to say please don't be swayed by popular modernist argument.

True, but in that law there are a great many rules and regulations that no longer apply.  I am willing to bet that you are wearing clothing of mixed material and nobody is telling you that you are wrong.  I trim my beard and cut the hair at the sides of my head and nobody tried to discipline me for doing so.

Guest shiloh357

True, but in that law there are a great many rules and regulations that no longer apply.  I am willing to bet that you are wearing clothing of mixed material and nobody is telling you that you are wrong.  I trim my beard and cut the hair at the sides of my head and nobody tried to discipline me for doing so.

The prohibition against homosexuality is not one of those laws that no longer apply.

Guest ninhao

I'm not convinced you trim your beard but I understand your point :D

There are also a great many of those laws which still apply as we know. Let's take another approach; do you believe Paul's teachings are congruent with Jesus teachings?