JohnD

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Israel is not part of the Church the Church is part of Israel.

What do you mean that the church is part of Israel?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I read the Bible saying to both Jewish born and Gentile born come to Spirit Israel.

What is Spirit Israel?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

So where does the Bible say that the Church, the ekklesia, is part of Israel?

I have read the Bible many times & never seen that at all.

Israel is not part of the Church the Church is part of Israel.

What do you mean that the church is part of Israel?

:thumbsup:

Gentiles

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Romans 11:17

And The Jew

For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. Romans 11:24-27

And The KING OF THE JEWS

And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. John 19:19

Replacement theology is different then Hebrew roots theology. Most who subscribe to Hebrew roots theology fall under Two House, British Israelism, like Herbert W. Armstrong. This group believes that some or all Christians are actually members of the so-called 10 lost tribes, who when scattered somehow developed amnesia and forgot that they are actually descendents of Israel.  

Replacement theology teaches that Christians have replaced physical Israel and are now Spiritual Israel, and receive all of the positive promises and blessings from God to Israel while physical Israel gets to keep the curses.  

Jewish roots is what is taught in mainstream Messianic Judaism which shows the Jewishness of Jesus, and the Jewish expressions and understanding of the law, taught by Jesus and the Jewish apostles.

"Jewish roots is what is taught in mainstream Messianic Judaism which shows the Jewishness of Jesus"

And I suppose that they don't distinguish between being Israelite & being Jew?

Did you know "Israel" is another name describing Christ?"

I use it when witnessing to Jewish people regarding Isaiah 53.

I grant their premise that Israel is the suffering servant. To their delight.

Then I say we need to determine which Israel is the suffering servant for there are several.

Israel the people.

Israel the patriarch.

Israel the Northern Kingdom.

Israel the modern state.

And one more.

Israel is a combination of the words YISH SARAR ELOHIYM.

He is Prince of God.

Who is the ultimate Prince of God?

:thumbsup:

So

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:1

Amen

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

And Thus

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. Psalms 2:1-3

We Daily Witness

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. Psalms 2:4-5

The World's Rage Against Israel 

Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Psalms 2:6-7

And Against The Peoples Of The Big Book Of Yeshua, Of Jesus

The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. Zechariah 12:1-3

~

Dear Brother

Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 31:20

Wonderful Subject

I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him. I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon. His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon. Hosea 14:4-6

About The Faithful And The True

Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers. Jeremiah 16:14-15

About The LORD Jesus

For the LORD will restore the splendor of Jacob Like the splendor of Israel, Even though devastators have devastated them And destroyed their vine branches. Nahum 2:2 (NASB)

Messiah

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

Love, Your Brother Joe

"I grant their premise that Israel is the suffering servant. To their delight."

I don't see how any careful reasoning of Isaiah 53 could put Israel in there as the one on whom the Lord laid the iniquity of us all.

• 1 year later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

If a person reads acts carefully , they will notice that the earliest church met in the local temples , and preached the Gospel and bore witness to the one and only way to God through Christ  , and they also bore witness to  the prophets , and fulfillments of them  of Christ . They proved the scriptures that the Jews profess to believe , many converted to Christ , the original place for the believers was in the Jewish temples , until they where persecuted out of them , they also met in houses . The temple was Jesus s father s house and so also his followers as well .  But persecution by anti Christ jews , made temples off grounds . Also its interesting to note that the bible did not call the disciples of Christ, Christians , but rather that was a label put on them , most likely by the Jews , and other unbelievers .  King Aggrippa called them Christian and was also an unbeliever . Apostle Paul did not dismiss the label when Aggrippa said that . So it is today . 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. Romans 11:1-5

~

I don't see how any careful reasoning of Isaiah 53 could put Israel in there....

as the one on whom the Lord laid the iniquity of us all....

?

Amen~! Sure Looks Like Yeshua To Me

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:5-6

First To The Jew And Than To The Nations

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

~

Can't See Jesus?

But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head saying,

He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me. Psalms 22:6-19

Jesus The KING Of The Jews?

And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. John 19:19

And Don't Know Where He's Coming Back?

And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. Zechariah 14:4

Don't Think He'll Judge The Scorners?

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Matthew 25:31-33

The Haters Of His Brethren?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Matthew 25:40-46

~

Believe

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Romans 11:25-29

And Be Blessed Beloved

For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world,

what shall the receiving of them be,

but life from the dead? Romans 11:15

Love, Your Brother Joe