IGNORED

The Gospel for a Gay Friend

Guest shiloh357
Well if it were true that the hatred is from the homosexual community, then how do,you explain gay people committing suicide out of being bullied, more often than not in the Bible Belt, and being bullied by people who would generally call themselves Christians?

The suicide rate among homosexuals is high, but not because of being bullied.  Drug abuse, sexually transmitted disease and utter hopeless are all part of the homsoexual experience.   Much of the problems the gay community has are self-inflicted.

I would also add that your information isn't really all tha accurate.   Gays are persecuted but they are persecuted higher in nonChristian communities than anywhere in America.   Historically, fascist, nazi and communist countries have always been the worst persecutors of gay people.  Gays are far more accepted in western, Christian nations.

I think part of the problem is that when a person living in the Bible persecutes a gay person, that person is assumed to be a Christian simply by virtue of the fact that that it happened in the Bible Belt.    I would also add that there is a tendency to portray all Christians as hating gays only because of the actions of a few pockets of haters.

and ultimately all of Christianity (especially my Roman Catholic faith) a bad name.

That's your first mistake, getting involved with the Catholic faith. Not good.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,090
  • Content Per Day:  4.66
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings bestrfc...

I do understand what you are saying in regards to homosexuality as compared to murder,really I do but I do not think sin is to be compared one to the other....sin is simply sin & in the eyes if God evil is evil,sin is sin & what He forbids,,,,He forbids

I know when you have a heart for people it is difficult to separate your emotions & love for them from hating sin......it would be nice to able to say,you can do whatever you like & live however you wish to live because you are not hurting anyone else by your actions but that would not be the truth & would be more harmful to these people because although you could give them a temporary feeling of acceptance & a level of comfort it is looking at things from the worlds point of view,temporal not eternal.............People that live in direct opposition to the Word of God,whether they like it or not is unacceptable by God & His Word tells us that they WILL NOT inherit His Kingdom.......but the Good News is He offers everyone Salvation,His Grace(no matter what the sin!)..........through Faith in His Son,our Beloved Savior,Christ Jesus

Pray for your new found friends,bestrfc.....tell them how much Jesus loves them(& so do you) & trust God to do the rest........just don't ever lie to them ,if you really care then then their eternity must matter most...not how they "feel" right here & now................Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

and ultimately all of Christianity (especially my Roman Catholic faith) a bad name.

Why? We too are Christians living the Gospels. In fact, I may as to be so bold I saying that all who have accepted Christ are Christians, even Mormons or the Westboro Baptist Church, though some are misguided by their own self righteousness, which we find in each denomination, including my own.

Why? We too are Christians living the Gospels. In fact, I may as to be so bold I saying that all who have accepted Christ are Christians, even Mormons or the Westboro Baptist Church, though some are misguided by their own self righteousness, which we find in each denomination, including my own.

No you're not living in the Gospels. You're arguing with us about homosexuality, RED FLAG. Catholic religion is deception best, and Mormonism is probably one of the greatest deceptions out there. You're searching for truth, and I can respect that.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

For many of my Christian friends who love Jesus and struggle with same-sex attraction, the beauty of the gospel is that it addresses every area of their life, not just one expression of the fall. All believers know this truth. Whether we were once atheists, liars, Muslims, or self-righteous church attenders, there's no magical gospel just for "our sin." At the foot of the cross we are all equally in need of God's amazing grace.

Read the entire article here.

Good thread.

There is ONE Gospel ... for all men.

What is interesting is, adulterers and fornicators condemn homosexuals ... as if they will not share the same pit. 

I know of 1 or 2 (that actually come to mind) homosexuals who repented and have turned to God.  Those are probably the best "witnesses" with the greater testimonies ... and they would probably be more effective as a witness.  But the Power of God is strong enough to save ... even to the utmost.

Guest shiloh357

I am sorry but the Mormons and Westboro Baptists are not Christians.  If you knew what the Mormons really believed you would understand.  The Westboro Baptists are heretics and may don the name, "Baptist" but they are not saved and are going to hell.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

Homosexuals will not enter the kingdom of Heaven. Neither will idolators and fornicators, etc.  They go about life not repenting of their sin, but in fact embracing it.  And they want the rest of the world to embrace it as a normal part of life!  This isn't something like racism that should be stomped out.  We do not hate gay people.  We are not afraid of them.  What we don't want is something that God considers an abomination to be a cultural norm.  Do you think that will bring our nation any blessing?  The more we fall away and accept sin and disgusting things as 'norms', the worse things get.  And yet there are those here saying you should love them by accepting their sin when that is not loving them at all.  That is condemning them to hell.  That is supporting sin.  In order to gain salvation, one must repent of their sins and I am not doing them any favors by saying, "It's okay that you're gay" because that is a lie and deeper they get involved in their lifestyle, the more depressed they become and it's just a huge trap they fall into.  It's not a good, wholesome, loving atmosphere.  It brings death, disease, mental disorders, etc.  You are not doing them any favors or showing them love by accepting their lifestyle. 

I am so tired of hearing so called Christians declaring what is and isn't a sin when Scripture states clearly what is and what isn't. These are the type of "church" that is described in the letters to the seven churches in Revelation chapters 2 and 3. They are part of the church for the end of the age - the church at Sardis; and the church at Pergamum.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Humans are not capable of not committing sin.  So, what are the criteria for giving yourself to Christ but still sinning?  Anyone here who says a gay person should not get into the kingdom needs to cast the first stone – there is but one judge, he was sinless, and he is judging you as well…