IGNORED

Can the devil tell the truth, especially when he knows it hurts?

FreeinChrist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

i can tell you from personal experience that he and his minions can live with you for months feeding you truths and getting your trust before they do their dirty work on unsuspecting people.   That's one of the major needs to know the Word of God......   and I do mean all of it.

It is very dangerous to have the idea that either Satan or any demonic entity can't tell you the truth.    It is my understanding that they will not tell you that Jesus came in the Flesh and is Lord of all.....   though I do not know that as a irrefutable fact.

I've thought about this quite a bit, and I'm still not sure... but I get the impression that although Satan can tell as many truths or lies as he likes, he is forbidden or incapable of saying that Jesus came in the flesh or is the son of God. He can tell us that Jesus is a prophet, a great man....whatever, and can even declare that he loves Jesus, but he can't tell us who he really is.

I was thinking of 1st John 2 22-23. It seems as if the litmus test is based on the fact that Satan or any fallen angel cannot admit that fact. Maybe God put restrictions on them.

I seriously don't know. What do others think?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

He is known as the father of lies so I would say no.

The best liars tell the truth sometimes. If they lied all the time nobody would ever believe them.

Satan knows something about scripture, and he will mix truth with lies.  Yes, he can take a scripture and misuse it to inflict pain or confusion on someone.  Remember how he quoted scripture to Jesus when he was tempting him, and Jesus came back with other scripture?  The more you know for yourself, not only about what the Bible says, but about what it means in context, the harder time Satan will have fooling you. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Thanks for the answers, but without revealing more, of which i'm not comfortable doing nobody is on the same page as me,

I pm Fresno Joe, about it, but lets just say right now I feeling like a bastard or orphan, but definitely not a child of God.

From your last post, it comes across to me like you are saying that you have something in your life that isn't right, and you are wondering if Satan would expose the wrong doing to harm you.  Is that closer to where you are coming from?  God would expose the sin for the purpose of bringing a person to repentance, and Satan would expose a person to condemn them and make them feel like they are in a hopeless condition. 

The more you know for yourself, not only about what the Bible says, but about what it means in context, the harder time Satan will have fooling you. 

You said it right there. Also try out dvd, 'Age of Deceit: Fallen Angels and the New World Order' by Gonzo Shimura. This one was on point. - DRS81

Thanks for the answers, but without revealing more, of which i'm not comfortable doing nobody is on the same page as me,

What page are you on.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I ask because i'm so tired of being ignorant of his devices, II Corinthians 2:11, and having him spoil a spiritual high and turning it into such low,

Your comment reminds me of myself when I was a new Christian.  I was learning new discoveries about my new love Jesus and wanting to share with others.  All was fine in my heart prior to sharing, I was on a spiritual high, but as soon as I shared, even with a good Christian friend, I would "hear" these condemning words "Nobody wants to hear what you have to say."  Once my story was out of my mouth, I would sense these words, and feel horrible and depressed.  After it happened a few times I concluded it was the evil one trying to stop up my witness.  I persevered and kept sharing with others and eventually the bad feelings decreased to where I seldom notice them anymore.  Maybe I'm just choosing to ignore them.  There have been other deceptions the evil one has tried to pull over the years.  God doesn't stop the evil one from messing with us.  That is something I was unaware of as I was learning about God and Jesus.  I thought I was immune to the evil one's devises.  Not true.  However, a very wise Christian friend told me to seek God's protection from nightmares.  I thought the dreams couldn't be of an evil origin since I was saved, but whether they were or not, once I asked God to remove the nightmares nearly all of them ceased to plague me.  Your not believing you are a child of God but rather an orphan or bastard may very well be one of the evil one's biggest battles at the moment.  He never got me to doubt my salvation.  He tried.  One of those nightmares he said to me "You thought you had it all figured out and you were wrong."  Well, that was not a very pleasant message to receive, but I knew it was not Jesus speaking.  It made me love my Lord even more!  I remember waking up and praying to Jesus that I was so grateful I knew the truth about Him and His love for me.  So, don't buy into any nonsense the devil is feeding you.  Know the truth so well that when a lie crosses your path you instantly know it and reject it.

Edited by kmangel

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

don't let satan steal your joy. Just give it to God. Think on good thoughts.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The essence of deception is that you don't know you are being deceived. You have to the truth so that it seems right but then mix in some lies to mislead.