• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Why subject a seeker to this?  Why not rather emphasize Christ and let God take care of the details and convictions later?  YEC I think is for the firm Christian.  If you predicate acceptance of the Gospel with acceptance of YEC, you are going to lose people.

"Why subject a seeker to this?"

Subject them?? You make it sound like torture.  Why?....  Because it's the TRUTH.  Do you suggest I subject them to lies first?

"Why not rather emphasize Christ and let God take care of the details and convictions later?"

I do.....Jesus is in every verse of Genesis.

"If you predicate acceptance of the Gospel with acceptance of YEC, you are going to lose people"

First of all.... we don't Save, GOD Does.  IMHO, my duty is to provide them with the Clear Teachings, Beauty, and TRUTH of the WORD.  It's the Person then the Holy Spirit and GOD'S Work from there.

Moreover, The Lord is not in the business of the "End Justifies The Means" scenario.  If that's unclear, see 1 Samuel 15 for a wake up call.

That's where I Stand

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Why subject a seeker to this?  Why not rather emphasize Christ and let God take care of the details and convictions later?  YEC I think is for the firm Christian.  If you predicate acceptance of the Gospel with acceptance of YEC, you are going to lose people.

I agree, G.W.  A newly minted believer needs to get the basics down first.  He/she can develop their views later on down the road.  Baby steps.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

I know of no one who became a believer based on YEC arguments. There could be, however. I do know that some people, specifically science people who are put off. If they accept the gospel that means for them YEC hook line and sinker. And at risk of being flayed, I would say that it is possible to be a believer and accept some of the concepts in evolution. That being said, I do believe in Adam and Eve of course.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

Adam and Eve believe in you also :D

Guest shiloh357

I know of no one who became a believer based on YEC arguments. There could be, however.

No one has EVER become a believer based on YEC arguments.  Not a single one.  So that really isn't saying anything at all. 

I do know that some people, specifically science people who are put off. If they accept the gospel that means for them YEC hook line and sinker.

No one rejects God on that basis.  They reject God on the basis of the of God's claims over their life and His assessment of their sin.  The whole evolution/creation debate is an attempt to avoid accountability before a holy God.  If I can successfully prove that God is wrong about where I came from, I have the right to challenge what God says about my sin.    That is why evolution is such a good enabler atheism. 

And at risk of being flayed, I would say that it is possible to be a believer and accept some of the concepts in evolution.

Sure you can, but why simply accept concepts?  Why do we settle for believing what makes us comfortable at the expense of the truth?   What good are concepts that are not true?  Why would anyone want to put their ultimate faith in something that isn't really true?   That makes no sense.    Why put faith in concepts created by fallible men even if it means rejecting the truth provided by an allknwoing, infallible God, particularly when it is THAT God that you are one day going to have to stand and give an account for your life and  have to sputter up an explanation for why you doubted His word?

You have yourself conceded to so called micro evolution. The mechanism is there.

I dare say the young earth notion is a stumbling block to scientists. Be it truth, there is no better way of putting these people off. As I posted above, concentrate on the gospel and let the other doctrine follow.

I know of no one who became a believer based on YEC arguments. There could be, however. I do know that some people, specifically science people who are put off. If they accept the gospel that means for them YEC hook line and sinker. And at risk of being flayed, I would say that it is possible to be a believer and accept some of the concepts in evolution. That being said, I do believe in Adam and Eve of course.

:thumbsup:

What

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. Isaiah 6:1-4

A

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Isaiah 6:5

God~!

Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6:6-8

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

You have yourself conceded to so called micro evolution. The mechanism is there.

I dare say the young earth notion is a stumbling block to scientists. Be it truth, there is no better way of putting these people off. As I posted above, concentrate on the gospel and let the other doctrine follow.

Well they've never seen macro-evolution take place.  They don't have the fossils to back it up.  They have both ends of the spectrum and say, "Wow, this horse/dog looking thing later lost its legs and became a whale who lives in the water."  There's nothing in between...but that's the theory they teach as fact to school kids.  They have these extinct apes and monkey bones and say, "These are the ancestors of humans" and draw up diagrams of how it happened, again, without the evidence to back it up.  They find fragments of a skull or a few leg bones (even a tooth!  That's right, they found a single tooth and drew up this incredible diagram of the *primate* they said proved ape-to-human evolution and it turns out later it belonged to an extinct pig). 

Even watching the Bill Nye and Ken Ham debate...they have no idea how matter suddenly formed.  They have no idea how life spontaneously formed.  They have no clue about any of this...just theories.  And how many times has the age of the earth changed since I was a kid?  They keep finding more complex skeletons in strata they believe to be older than they thought it should be, so they only keep assuming the earth to be older because they need LOTS AND LOTS of time for macro-evolution to take place.  There is no evidence for it whatsoever, yet it is taught as fact and shoved down the throats of our kids and college students as fact and told if you don't believe in this, you are an idiot.  Their science requires more faith and the acceptance of something completely impossible to occur...things forming out of nothingness...and have the gull to call us stupid. 

I didn't really run into rampant atheism when I was an undergrad at a public university. Yes the theory was taught but never once did I hear an instructor mock or even question God. Of course I studied mainly chemistry which is not as... philosophical :)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What disussion were you hoping to generate by this?  This is a forum, remember?  Was there a question hanging somewhere in there?

It's not out of the norm to post a piece presenting your POV in the forum. Many of us have done this from time to time. It's perfectly legit to open a discussion this way.