IGNORED

There is 1 God so why to we pray to Jesus or God?

AMD2093

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

Man says I want to find the truth but generally they close their eyes and say I want to see the sun and I don't see the sun because their eyes are closed and he doesn't want to open the eyes. He is terrified to open the eyes, nobody can't help him. No million sons can help him to see the light if he keeps his eyes closed. So it is NOT "just" a divine principle, you must understand the scriptures correctly because with wrong understanding your faith is useless.

Lets analyze!

Mathew 19:16

And behold a man came up to him, saying, "Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?"

Jesus said to him, " why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments."

- In other words Jesus teaches that salvation only comes through keeping of the commandments.

Colossians 2:14

By canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This "he" set aside, nailing it to the cross.

- In other words Paul claims that salvation can only be obtained through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Now I am asking who is RIGHT? Jesus or Paul.

What is your understanding to that. Who can be RIGHT?

Will you follow Jesus or Paul?

Jesus spoke this to those still under the law, as He had not yet been sacrificed or risen or ascended. This is often the case when Jesus speaks to Jews in the Gospel accounts. Context, context, context. I believe Jesus and Paul because both spoke by the same Holy Spirit. I sure hope that you are just testing people here and not actually proposing a dichotomy between Jesus and Paul. You correctly quoted col 2:14 which describes the transition of old and new covenants by the blood of the Christ. You answered your own question. Was that your intention? Clarify please

Edited by ajchurney

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158

i've been confused by this since i was about 7. (Im 20 now!)

There is ONE God.

From my understanding, God created Jesus. which is a human, but himself. Makes sense, God & Jesus are the same person. So why do people say that Jesus sits in Heaven at Gods side? and why to we sometimes pray to God and other times to Jesus? and what does "In Jesus name we pray" mean? 

The ONLY way you will truly understand this is to thoroughly study the scriptures! If you get a concordance and look up every verse in the New testament that mentions "Father", "Holy Spirit", and "Jesus" or "The Son", especially those that mention 2 or all of them together in the same verse, you will quickly begin to see the relationship between them, that each is God, and all are God together as one. This is not that amazing, since God is greater than man, that He can exist in three distinct beings, and yet be entirely united as one at the same time. He is GOD after all!

"He can exit in three distinct beings" ???

Nothing is clearly in the Word but that God is ONE.  Did you mean to say that the One God has 3 egos or persons?  God is one in being, essence; but has 3 ego's, Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.  Is it not strange that after hammering this out many centuries ago, people still argue it?  The importance to us is that an imaginary Savior cannot save.  Jesus, the Mexican mechanic, cannot save.  The only Jesus who can save is the real one, namely 2nd person of the Trinity, God having added human nature to His divine nature (2 natures, but 1 person, the Lord Jesus).

"person" has been a vogue christianese term used often here. I am not opposing this, but I chose the word "being" here on purpose because I think it is even better. God is not a man, but wholly unique God Almighty. "person" tends to be fully associated with mankind, but "being" is more general, and gives more room for a higher and different sort of "being" in the 'I AM".  We say "human being", with "human" being the descriptor for what sort of "being" we are looking at. In science fiction movies, they might speak of an "alien being", with "alien" as the descriptor. I am in no way being dogmatic, nor am I trying to champion a new use of words, but simply explaining my perfectly good word choice. Sorry if it freaked you out a little! I assure you I am a completely orthodox trinitarian!

Thanks and blessings, Andy

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

i've been confused by this since i was about 7. (Im 20 now!)

There is ONE God.

From my understanding, God created Jesus. which is a human, but himself. Makes sense, God & Jesus are the same person. So why do people say that Jesus sits in Heaven at Gods side? and why to we sometimes pray to God and other times to Jesus? and what does "In Jesus name we pray" mean? 

The ONLY way you will truly understand this is to thoroughly study the scriptures! If you get a concordance and look up every verse in the New testament that mentions "Father", "Holy Spirit", and "Jesus" or "The Son", especially those that mention 2 or all of them together in the same verse, you will quickly begin to see the relationship between them, that each is God, and all are God together as one. This is not that amazing, since God is greater than man, that He can exist in three distinct beings, and yet be entirely united as one at the same time. He is GOD after all!

"He can exit in three distinct beings" ???

Nothing is clearly in the Word but that God is ONE.  Did you mean to say that the One God has 3 egos or persons?  God is one in being, essence; but has 3 ego's, Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.  Is it not strange that after hammering this out many centuries ago, people still argue it?  The importance to us is that an imaginary Savior cannot save.  Jesus, the Mexican mechanic, cannot save.  The only Jesus who can save is the real one, namely 2nd person of the Trinity, God having added human nature to His divine nature (2 natures, but 1 person, the Lord Jesus).

"person" has been a vogue christianese term used often here. I am not opposing this, but I chose the word "being" here on purpose because I think it is even better. God is not a man, but wholly unique God Almighty. "person" tends to be fully associated with mankind, but "being" is more general, and gives more room for a higher and different sort of "being" in the 'I AM".  We say "human being", with "human" being the descriptor for what sort of "being" we are looking at. In science fiction movies, they might speak of an "alien being", with "alien" as the descriptor. I am in no way being dogmatic, nor am I trying to champion a new use of words, but simply explaining my perfectly good word choice. Sorry if it freaked you out a little! I assure you I am a completely orthodox trinitarian!

Thanks and blessings, Andy

Andy, I don't want to mince words of fire cannon balls at canary birds, but I think if you reflect a little, "beings" is a heretical statement about God when you say there are 3 beings.  Being is another word for essence.  Since the pronouns are used between members of the Trinity, like you and I, that implies distinct persons.  Perhaps you would prefer to use egos, I like to say 3 egos (three distinct I's). 

May you be blessed in every way, Andy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

God created the Body, the God was manifested in the flesh as Jesus, Jesus has always been as The Father, and the Holy Spirit

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

God is Spirit,

Jesus is Spirit made flesh,

the Holy Ghost is the same Spirit manifested within the same flesh that walks these lands today. As HE is in me and I am in HIM and HE is in the Father. We 3 are made ONE.

Now, are we yet fleshly beings? pertaining to the ways of this world, possessing, buying, marrying, unwilling to separate ourselves from our teasures here?

Or, are we spiritual beings? pertaining to the ways and will of God the Father? selling or giving away our precious products of worldly life and picking up our cross following HIM?

Jesus laid down HIS life for us, has asked us to lay down our life for our brother (HIM), because no greater love hath a man than he who will lay down his life for his brother. If you have done it to one of the least of these, ye have done it unto me. He also tells us where to begin........

The same Spirit breathed the breath of life into us ALL. Not just life in this fleshly carnal being but life in this spiritual being. For God so loved the WORLD, that HE gave His only begotten Son. HE loves all of HIS creation, not just the beings.

God bless