Guest DRS81

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

"Disclaimer:  My use of bold, different fonts, different size fonts, different colors, underlined words, highlighted words, all capital letters, etc., is only to bring about a point I am trying to make.  It is not intended to come across in an offensive way or like I am shouting at anyone.  I like to use these tools to clarify my meaning."

I love your disclaimer!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

I get it.

Sevenseas saith:

"However, you do remark on teaching in your post you quoted?

are you teaching? seems everyone else is discussing ... discussing and teaching are not the same and I am not too sure a discussion on your teaching would not follow if you are teaching,
so, if you can follow that, well, then you might understand why people are not agreeing with you

I'm not discussing it :mgcheerful:

Bible teaching = What the Bible teaches, a proper subject of discussion.

Now disgustion is another matter;

& ad hominem discussions of the poster are out of order.

Discuss the topics, por favor, señor.

I don't know why I couldn't find your post here, so I made a separate entry on it.

Shalom.

"So who is all that stuff above aimed at? "

My post is not a backquote to anyone. It is Biblical instruction on the topic.  If the shoe fits, wear it.  Compare whatever you want to Eliphaz, who claimed a vision, but was rebuked by the Lord.

It couldn't be aimed at the OP because he made none of the above claims.  He simply described a dream he had.  Comparing someone who is just describing a dream they had to Eliphaz makes no sense whatsoever.

To rebuke someone, they have to have actually done something.  So you are rebuking . . .

Who???

You are drawing a parallel which does not exist.  No one claimed to have a "vision."  That is a false statement from you, every time you make it.  It is also bearing false witness.  You are carping about the importance of words in another thread, but breaking your own rules here, because the words "prophesy" and "vision" were never used.  You are creating an issue where none exists.  If you are going to chastise someone for a behavior, you might want to wait until they actual display the behavior you wish to instruct or rebuke on, because your cart is in front of your horse.  Your attempt at biblical "instruction" is aimed at something that hasn't happened.

"Biblical instruction": Let's define that as what the Bible instructs.

No chastisement.  Yes, the original post was on a different topic, so I posted mine in the wrong thread.

Shalom

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I always thought that the perfect which is to come in 1 Cor. 13 was referring to Jesus, since only HE is perfect.

David, it seems that others have had similar dreams. I have never had such a dream so I don't feel competant to judge it in any way. But the fact that it brought you peace and security in Jesus is a very good sign.

I rarely remember my dreams and when I do they are usually either frustrating or really corny.

Blessings,

Willa

Cobalt saith: 

" We know that prophesy will end at the end of this Age,"

What leads you to that conclusion instead of that prophecy will have a big revival at the end of the age. 

"but there is nothing in that portion of scripture that says they will end in the Church Age."

1 Cor just says that prophecy will end & says that when the complete has come, the "in part" will go.  The Bible is the complete thing in comparison with prophecies.  Church History indicates that prophecy ceased. No one has added a page to scripture since the last NT book was written.  Of course good Christians may disagree on the interp of 1 Cor 13.

Is it my imagination, or are you posting with hostile insults at me?  Ad hominem does not commend your posting.

"Cessationists are quick to brand tongues and prophesy as dead and gone, but Paul says knowledge will be done away with as well."

In context "knowledge" (gnosis) refers to spiritual gift; it is one of the gifts that were to end.  It is absurd to think that knowledge, as such will end.  We shall know as we are known!  The context of 1 Cor 13 is 12-14, a passage on spiritual gifts.

"Now I would have you all speak with languages, but rather that you should prophesy: and greater is he who prophesies than he that speaks with languages, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.  6 But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with languages, what shall I profit you, unless I speak to you either by way of revelation, or of knowledge, or of prophesying, or of teaching?

"And tongues are still being gifted in every part of the world,"

I will grant you that there are demons causing confusion, fakers babbling gibberish, and that the Lord may enable someone to speak a language he has never studied on the mission field some time, somewhere; but I know of no one who has the gift of languages nor have I any reason to believe that they do.  What I know from Church History indicates that the gift ended as such, as 1 Cor 13 says it would.

But you might test it this way:

Get 2 persons who claim the gift of interpretation & 1 who claims the gift of languages.  Put the two interpreters in separate rooms with an audio feed of the language-speaker-claimer.  Have the 2 make a transcript & see if it comes out the same.

1000's of persons are deluded indeed.  That does not authenticate their delusion. 

Cobalt, I wish you the best.

Guest Butero

I had a rapture dream years ago.  I just began floating up above my body and knew it was the rapture.  I can't describe the wonderful feeling.  It was like nothing I had ever experienced before or since, and I remember calling out to Jesus during this incredibly spiritual high (for no better way of describing it).  I was very disappointed when I woke up and the rapture hadn't really occurred and I had to face another day of the same old routine. 

I know there are many who don't believe in the rapture, and there are scriptural reasons to believe either way on this subject, but I believe there will be one.  I also believe it is only for those who are watching and waiting and keeping their lives pure to the best of their ability at the time he returns.  It will be those who keep oil in their lamps that will be part of the rapture, and many who are professing Christians will miss it.  Jesus could return any day, so it is important to be ready. 

i had a similar experence except i was awake. see i have always wanted to spend a day with Jesus i had it all planned out we would walk on the beach we would eat and drink foods and flavors that dont exist on earth we would talk and laugh and i would sit at his feet while he teaches me things no preacher or teacher on earth could.

i sat down in fron of my bed asking the lord if i can really have this when suddenly an angel appeared and said yes you can! and i was suddenly ascending. i didnt know about the rapture so i had no idea what this was but all i knew was i was going to jesus. like you the feeling was amazing i have never felt anything like it. to this day i have no idea what that feeling is or what its called

In my experience, I had actually started rising towards the ceiling, and the only way I can describe it was there was this amazing joy, peace, anticipation, excitement...it is just impossible to describe, but I will never forget it.  Perhaps euphoric is the right word? 

What happened after you began your flight to see Jesus?  Did you actually get to listen to him teach?  How long were you there? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Butero...in your rapture dream, did it begin with a loud bang sound like it did in DRS81's?

Guest Butero

Cobalt saith: 

" We know that prophesy will end at the end of this Age,"

What leads you to that conclusion instead of that prophecy will have a big revival at the end of the age. 

"but there is nothing in that portion of scripture that says they will end in the Church Age."

1 Cor just says that prophecy will end & says that when the complete has come, the "in part" will go.  The Bible is the complete thing in comparison with prophecies.  Church History indicates that prophecy ceased. No one has added a page to scripture since the last NT book was written.  Of course good Christians may disagree on the interp of 1 Cor 13.

Is it my imagination, or are you posting with hostile insults at me?  Ad hominem does not commend your posting.

"Cessationists are quick to brand tongues and prophesy as dead and gone, but Paul says knowledge will be done away with as well."

In context "knowledge" (gnosis) refers to spiritual gift; it is one of the gifts that were to end.  It is absurd to think that knowledge, as such will end.  We shall know as we are known!  The context of 1 Cor 13 is 12-14, a passage on spiritual gifts.

"Now I would have you all speak with languages, but rather that you should prophesy: and greater is he who prophesies than he that speaks with languages, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.  6 But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with languages, what shall I profit you, unless I speak to you either by way of revelation, or of knowledge, or of prophesying, or of teaching?

"And tongues are still being gifted in every part of the world,"

I will grant you that there are demons causing confusion, fakers babbling gibberish, and that the Lord may enable someone to speak a language he has never studied on the mission field some time, somewhere; but I know of no one who has the gift of languages nor have I any reason to believe that they do.  What I know from Church History indicates that the gift ended as such, as 1 Cor 13 says it would.

But you might test it this way:

Get 2 persons who claim the gift of interpretation & 1 who claims the gift of languages.  Put the two interpreters in separate rooms with an audio feed of the language-speaker-claimer.  Have the 2 make a transcript & see if it comes out the same.

1000's of persons are deluded indeed.  That does not authenticate their delusion. 

Cobalt, I wish you the best.

There is a problem with what you are saying, and herein lies the reason some will accept what you say and others will not.  You cannot prove that the "that which is perfect" is the completed Bible.  That is what supporters of your view claim, but those on the other side, and the side I agree with, is "that which is perfect" is describing the return of Jesus and our entering into the millennial reign.  It is not the completed Bible.  You cannot prove what you are saying is true, and even though there was a period where the gifts were seemingly not in operation, that can easily be explained by the fact people were not seeking the gifts.  When people sought them, at the famous Azuza Street revival, God poured out his Spirit on the church and the Pentecostal churches came into being.  The gifts were always available, but you have not because you ask not. 

BTW, your solution to proving the tongues and interpretation are authentic won't work, because it is possible one might actually have the correct interpretation while the other person does not, or they both may not really have it.  You can't prove anything that way, just as you can't prove anything by claiming the tongues have to be a known language, as Paul spoke of angelic languages.  I have been around the block many times discussing this topic, and I have heard nearly every conceivable argument on both sides. 

Guest Butero

Butero...in your rapture dream, did it begin with a loud bang sound like it did in DRS81's?

No.  I just began rising and felt inside like the rapture was taking place.  It just happened instantly and there were no sounds.