IGNORED

What does love your neighbor as yourself mean to you?

Hall7

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

See, the thing is that I don't like myself much but have a tremendous heart to help others, do I love them or do I have a good heart? I'm not sure, how can I love them when I don't love myself? So what does this passage mean to you?  "Love your neighbor as yourself"

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2

I'll pray for you Hall7.  I didnt like myself much for a long time.  There is NO condemnation in Christ Jesus mind you.  I found my relationship with myself changed when I forgave my childhood offender.  In that, the condemnation that the evil one would throw at me I'd rebuke and say GET behind me satan in Jesus name.  Please I want you to do two things.  1.  first thing every morning pray & wash your spirit with even just one passage wherever the Lord leads you.   2.  Pray to be able to forgive those who offended you and MOST IMPORTANTLY yourself.  Its easy to receive Gods forgiveness & harder to forgive oneself.

It was a stumbling block for me, focusing on my sin I had no consideration of my neighbor.  When I stopped focusing on my sin and started praying to know Gods will, suddenly loving my neighbour became easy.  Plus God always has a plan.  In our loving of them even the ones in addiction. they see the love. 

I've never spoken to you before so know nothing about you or your situation.  I have the sense though that forgiveness is at the root of your self image problem.  Once you forgive you then you can step out in prayerful servitude.  Bless your heart!

Please let me know if what I sense is correct :) nice to meet you, you are going to be just fine!

I'll pray for you Hall7.  I didnt like myself much for a long time.  There is NO condemnation in Christ Jesus mind you.  I found my relationship with myself changed when I forgave my childhood offender.  In that, the condemnation that the evil one would throw at me I'd rebuke and say GET behind me satan in Jesus name.  Please I want you to do two things.  1.  first thing every morning pray & wash your spirit with even just one passage wherever the Lord leads you.   2.  Pray to be able to forgive those who offended you and MOST IMPORTANTLY yourself.  Its easy to receive Gods forgiveness & harder to forgive oneself.

It was a stumbling block for me, focusing on my sin I had no consideration of my neighbor.  When I stopped focusing on my sin and started praying to know Gods will, suddenly loving my neighbour became easy.  Plus God always has a plan.  In our loving of them even the ones in addiction. they see the love. 

I've never spoken to you before so know nothing about you or your situation.  I have the sense though that forgiveness is at the root of your self image problem.  Once you forgive you then you can step out in prayerful servitude.  Bless your heart!

Please let me know if what I sense is correct :) nice to meet you, you are going to be just fine!

Thank you for your kind words Imoss. I've forgiven everyone and do what you said just about every morning. I think the main issue is that I don't feel comfortable when around people and hate myself for it, I just don't know how to relate to people in person or know what to talk about and that makes me not like myself. I don't know, it feels like the world is out to get me all the time because I'm not of this world. I don't hate them, rather I see in everyone's heart and spirit and what I see is scary and don't want any part of it so I withdraw from the world. But at the same time I feel and care for people and would give my shirt away if I had to. I don't like myself because I don't fit in this world, that's why I'm wondering about what that passage means in the Bible.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

Essentially ... love everyone perfectly.

And, does LOVE have measures?

If you love, you will not deliberately harm ... and if you harm, you will make amends ... and you will care for ... and you will encourage ... and you will desire their well being ... and you will give ....

Do you not feed yourself?

Do you not clothe yourself?

Do you not tend to your wounds?

Do you not desire better for yourself?

You love yourself more than you know.  Maybe its the exterior things that causes you to think that you don't - popularity, looks, fitness, finances, neighborhood, lack of contentment, etc.  All is vanity.  And those who seek such things are typically those who find damnation in the end, not life.

"Blessed are those who weep now, for they shall be comforted" - Jesus

Love God.  See His heart towards you.  How much He desires you, how He wants you to go through the fire and pains of life just so that you can enter His Kingdom refined, as pure gold ... or whatever He allows.  Love Him first ... and He will show you that your are a son of Adam, a daughter of Eve ... and ultimately, a child of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Things no one told me when I received Christ:

Christians are supposed to be different. We are to be light and salt to a dying world. If we are not different there is something wrong with our salvation or walk.

John 15:19 Amp. If you belonged to the world that world would treat you with affection and would love you as its own. But because you are not of the world---are no longer one with it---but I have chosen (selected) you out of the world, the world hates (detests) you. V21 But they will do all this to you---inflict all this suffering on you---because of [your bearing] My name, and on My account, because they do not know the One Who sent Me. 16:1 These things I have told you so that you will not be offended---taken unawares and falter, or be caused to stumble and fall away, and to keep you from being scandalized and repelled.

So it is a good thing that you bear the mark of the Holy Spirit and are no longer of the world. It is a good thing that they ostracized you for being a Christian and you are not one of them. I just doesn't feel like it. So spend more time among believers. In the following passages the KJV calls us a peculiar people. I always liked that. In the 70s we were called Jesus Freaks. That is OK, too. It is like a purple heart, an honor to be made to feel we are different, even though it is hurtful at times. God has chosen you!!! He has had pity on you and is making something beautiful of you!. How can you not love yourself when God had made you His own child and co-heir with Christ? Look at yourself as God sees you, pure through the blood of Christ, and not as the world sees you.

Titus 2:13b-14 Amp -- Our great God and Savior Christ Jesus, the Messiah, the Anointed One, , Who gave himself on our behalf that he might redeem us (purchase our freedom) from all iniquity and purify for Himself a people---to be peculiarly His own---people who are eager and enthusiastic about living a life that is good and filled with beneficial deeds.

Matt. 10:16 AMP Lo I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; be wary and wise as serpents, and be innocent---harmless, guileless, and without falsity---as doves.

As to our neighbor--I think is anyone that is suffering, if you look at the good Samaritan. We take care of our wounds and nurse ourselves back to health, so should we help others who are suffering that we encounter. Most often we are told in Scripture to help our brothers in Christ that are in need. Many youth projects include the repair and maintenance of poor churches, where they also may help with a vacation Bible school and outreach.

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Essentially ... love everyone perfectly.

And, does LOVE have measures?

If you love, you will not deliberately harm ... and if you harm, you will make amends ... and you will care for ... and you will encourage ... and you will desire their well being ... and you will give ....

Do you not feed yourself?

Do you not clothe yourself?

Do you not tend to your wounds?

Do you not desire better for yourself?

You love yourself more than you know.  Maybe its the exterior things that causes you to think that you don't - popularity, looks, fitness, finances, neighborhood, lack of contentment, etc.  All is vanity.  And those who seek such things are typically those who find damnation in the end, not life.

"Blessed are those who weep now, for they shall be comforted" - Jesus

Love God.  See His heart towards you.  How much He desires you, how He wants you to go through the fire and pains of life just so that you can enter His Kingdom refined, as pure gold ... or whatever He allows.  Love Him first ... and He will show you that your are a son of Adam, a daughter of Eve ... and ultimately, a child of God.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

the passage love your nieghbor as you love yourself in my opinion means treat others as you would want to be treated. i certainly dont love myself, sure i take care of my basic human needs such as food or water or clothes but i actually despise everything in me that isnt God. but i still want to be treated fairly and with kindness, its just human nature.

....what does this passage mean to you?  "Love your neighbor as yourself"....

~

Walk

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. Matthew 10:38

As Jesus Walked

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45

Thank you all for your encouraging words. I'm glad to see that not liking myself at times has nothing to do with not loving my neighbor.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Hall,

Glory to God Beloved Brother,Dear Friend.....I do believe Donibm hit the nail on the head & said it best and quite accurately,,,,you love yourself more than you know and personally,I know you and know even your heart pretty well......you would give the shirt off your back & you do love people with the love of Christ abiding in you....to know you is to know that without a doubt,you do not even hesitate to jump at the opportunities that God puts before you to help even a stranger & you help unconditionally without motive & only out of compassion........

I do believe that Jesus meant exactly what He said as Don put it,,,,,do you not feed yourself,clothe yourself,tend to your wounds,desire better for yourself,desire happiness etc.....& also to treat others & you would want to be treated

Read Dons reply again.......very well put.................God Bless you(I do also agree with him that our pride & vanity is the source of disappointment that would cause one to think we do not love ourselves )we also know that they are spirits of pride & vanity ,there is freedom from these in Christ Jesus.........

With love-in Christ,Kwik