Russ82

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Another question that should be asked, in order to understand when the rapture will take place and who will be in the tribulation, is what is your take on 2 Thessalonians 2, specifically verses 1-4

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Let's not be deceived, thinking that we will be taken before any of this happens.  Though the mark has not yet been required, this event is in the middle of the Tribulation.

So what is your take on this?Are you mid-trib?

I can say that I am no longer pre-trib since there is so much scripture stating otherwise.

I am for the last trumpet - great falling away/the son of perdition being revealed rapture.  When that takes place, I am not sure, either mid or later in the tribulation. 

What I do know for sure is that we should work for the Lord as if He is returning today, but prepare in case we are not called home until the end.  Always doing His work.

What you said makes a lot of sense, because I think that the bible supports the mid tribulation rapture. After reading Dan 12  I think that the wrath of God will happen at the last half which is called the

Great Tribulation. The "covenant "might not be a peace treaty, because It means a league or confederacy. That's why I'm looking into the peace process in the news.

Dan 9:26  And after the sixty-two weeks [of years] shall the Anointed One be cut off or killed and shall have nothing [and no one] belonging to [and defending] Him. And the people of the [other] prince who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood; and even to the end there shall be war, and desolations are decreed. [isa. 53:7-9; Nah. 1:8; Matt. 24:6-14.

Dan 9:27  And he shall enter into a strong and firm covenant with the many for one week [seven years]. And in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and offering to cease [for the remaining three and one-half years]; and upon the wing or pinnacle of abominations [shall come] one who makes desolate, until the full determined end is poured out on the desolator.

Deu 7:2  And when the Lord your God gives them over to you and you smite them, then you must utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them, or show mercy to them.

2Th 2:7  For the mystery of lawlessness (that hidden principle of rebellion against constituted authority) is already at work in the world, [but it is] restrained only until he who restrains is taken out of the way.

2Th 2:8  And then the lawless one (the antichrist) will be revealed and the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of His mouth and bring him to an end by His appearing at His coming. [isa. 11:4.]

I'm not saying that it means that there will be no peace treaty of some sort I think there could be, but it also could mean a union between two or more countries, maybe they are trying to get Israel into a part of a one world government and that capital I believe it will be Jerusalem to be the capital.

The expression "falling away" also means "depart" in Greek. The antichrist cannot appear as long as the 'church' is here. The church has to "depart" before the tribulation can begin.

I thought that the Antichrist shows up in the last 31/2 years of the tribulation?Am I wrong?

the antichrist has to enter and confirm and confirm a covenant for 7 years, so he has to be revealed to us, that's what Onelight posted... and the man of lawlessness (sin) is revealed, who is the son of doom (of perdition).

I have a question here, if the tribulation saints can't buy or sell without the mark of the beast, how would they eat food or have the essentials to survive it?

Why did God feed Elijah with ravens?

Yes that's true

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The 7 yrs will be a 'tribulation' literally. If one has food - how long will it last before it goes bad or hydro runs out or roving gangs pillage or break into homes and kill for food or drink? Do you think you can last the 7yrs? You will have to have a mark or chip or other tracking device and if you do not then your radio or phone or other material will be able to track you. If not by what you have in your possession then certainly the satellite or some other including family or friends who are left will tell on you. No I do not want to be here and I accept the fact that Jesus will take the bride out before the tribulation begins. Praise God!! Maranatha!!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The expression "falling away" also means "depart" in Greek. The antichrist cannot appear as long as the 'church' is here. The church has to "depart" before the tribulation can begin.

I thought that the Antichrist shows up in the last 31/2 years of the tribulation?Am I wrong?

the antichrist has to enter and confirm and confirm a covenant for 7 years, so he has to be revealed to us, that's what Onelight posted... and the man of lawlessness (sin) is revealed, who is the son of doom (of perdition).

I think that the Saints who are those who will be raptured off this Earth before the tribulation starts will never know the anti-christ.I feel that is the way God has intended.

The 7 yrs will be a 'tribulation' literally. If one has food - how long will it last before it goes bad or hydro runs out or roving gangs pillage or break into homes and kill for food or drink? Do you think you can last the 7yrs? You will have to have a mark or chip or other tracking device and if you do not then your radio or phone or other material will be able to track you. If not by what you have in your possession then certainly the satellite or some other including family or friends who are left will tell on you. No I do not want to be here and I accept the fact that Jesus will take the bride out before the tribulation begins. Praise God!! Maranatha!!

I think that the first 31/2 years will not be as awful as the last 31/2 years which is called "The Great tribulation". I have read that the anti-christ will be revealed in those last 31/2 years.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I am certain it gets progressively worse. He will come in as a friend to Israel and though we will be gone and it will be confusing to all - things will change. At the beginning - can you imagine the sorrow of those left behind?? The last 31/2 will be inescapable except with Jesus - but through torment - the antichrist will do all to get them to accept the mark.

I am certain it gets progressively worse. He will come in as a friend to Israel and though we will be gone and it will be confusing to all - things will change. At the beginning - can you imagine the sorrow of those left behind?? The last 31/2 will be inescapable except with Jesus - but through torment - the antichrist will do all to get them to accept the mark.

I think that the sorrow and agony will be great.Especially if the children are taken.I think the anti-christ will come with a nice package for the mark.Take the mark and get a free house.Get $500.00 when you take the mark.Then it will just be...you have to take it.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

As to whether pregnant mothers and the unborn children - they will both be alive and most likely the same. Do you think for one moment that God would let a christian mother not see or get to know the child she was carrying when the rapture occurred? Just as an aborted child will be in heaven so will the unborn. God who made man and woman to have children would not separate the family.

In the Greek, the word is apostasia, apostasy in English ( or "from-standing"), G646.  This is not pointing to the rapture, but a forsaking from the truth.