Sign in to follow this  
rmyers

Does God Know What You Believe

Of course He does. He knew what you believe before you were born.

He kind of knows the history of your future (being that He is God..)

Just to give my view:

I look at the book of Acts and see something rather unique repeated several times. Here is one instance:

Acts 4:29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.”

31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

Repeatedly, the disciples prayed for boldness and repeatedly, they were filled with the Holy Spiri and spoke with boldness.

In my own experience, I have been in situations when I suddenly declared something about Jesus, or other actions which God does, boldly. When this has happened, I remember thinking, how strange that I am declaring something so boldly. That isn't me. I was totally convinced at that moment that God would do whatever it was, or that what I was saying was the truth, yet, a moment before I wasn't so sure or hadn't even had that thought. What I was doing or saying, simply wasn't me. I am not like that. That boldness was what I consider a gift of faith. Not my faith, but the gift of faith for that moment.

So, I do not believe God acts based on our faith, but rather we act because of the gift of faith from God.    

He knows you better than you know yourself.

Amen, glory to God in the highest!

Does God know what you believe?  Does He see evidence of your belief?  Hebrews Chapter 11 says faith is the evidence of what you believe.  This is supported by Mark 2:3-5, when a paralyzed man was being lowered from the roof down to Jesus to be healed.  The bible says, "when Jesus saw their faith..."  Their faith told Jesus what they believed and what they were hoping for.  Their faith told Jesus they believed He could heal the paralyzed man.  Jesus did not disappoint them.  He told the paralyzed man to arise and take up his bed.

When it comes to faith, many of us have a credit based mentality.  We want credit for believing without showing the evidence of believing.  When we purchase an item on credit, we receive credit for purchasing the item even though the purchase transaction is not complete until full payment is made.  Let me bring it closer to home.  When we tell someone that we will pray for them, typically the person will say thank you.  The reason they say thank you is because, based on your word and based upon my word, they believe that you or I will combine our faith with their faith to reveal to God what we believe and are hoping for.  However, what if you or I never prayed for them?  What if we simply forgot and did not pray the prayer of faith on their behalf.  The truth is we received credit from that person when he or she said thank you but we never completed the faith transaction with the act of prayer.  It is the same with evangelism, we want credit from God that we will be witnesses for Him, but too often we don't actually follow up with actions to give Him something to bless. James 2:15-17 says faith without action is dead.

Evidence of faith is reflected in what we say and what we do.  The lady with the issue of blood said, "If I may touch His clothes, I shall be whole."  If she had stopped there, her illness would have remained.  If she had stopped there, she would not have completed the faith transaction.  She didn't stop there.  She completed the faith transaction, by reaching in from the crowd and touching His clothes.  When she completed the faith transaction, healing power left Jesus and went into the woman and healed her.

When asked, "Does God know what you believe? we must answer "yes" because He hears what I believe in my words and He sees what I believe in my actions.

"Be a witness and witness God move."

Hello Brother...

I think very simply..........I can't fathom out why God chose me to do anything to be honest...when I see how many biblical scholars are here alone, It leaves me pondering....and asking this question.....

God thank you for believing in me .....I hope I never to fail you, and I endeavor to do my very best at all times to bring others who do not know you yet. I hope and pray that somehow I can give these unbelievers a glimpse of your beautiful greatness.

I know you can bandage up there every wound and heal their brokenness and make them whole like you did to me..... :heart:   

Brother, God knew I needed help and something real in my heart to keep as a stronghold when I had run out of everything :th_frusty: .....God knew that soon I would have faith that could move a mountain....But I was faithless in the beginning of my journey, I did not believe in God, I believed in Angels....

In answer to you question, God knew that after he loved me and taught me to TRUST in him, that I would soon hear his voice and run to him with open arms.....That's when pure Faith begins....

Firstly though........God saves our lives, so he can use our lives to serve his purpose....I believe that you are being used mightily now brother and God is using you to bring this site together to learn whatever God wants them to hear?

May God Bless you richly and please feel encouraged to continue in your calling to serve God's will for your life here...Sometimes we are being prepared in ways we can't see right now, but God knows the exact time and day that you will know your purpose. ....

( wish I knew mine ) been waiting for years & years ...I am still being shaped suppose....annoyingly so.....  :whistling:

Keep posting in Gods love & knowledge  ...Sis Agape 

I really do agree with the comments that God is all-knowing and knows whether we have faith.  I also agree that God gives us a measure of faith.  I also believe that those in my family know that I love them.  They still want me to show acts of love towards them.  God wants his people to use the faith He gave them to change lives of others who don't know Him.  Since He responds to our acts of faith, we can give Him something to bless by moving out in faith to witness to the lost.   

I really do agree with the comments that God is all-knowing and knows whether we have faith.  I also agree that God gives us a measure of faith.  I also believe that those in my family know that I love them.  They still want me to show acts of love towards them.  God wants his people to use the faith He gave them to change lives of others who don't know Him.  Since He responds to our acts of faith, we can give Him something to bless by moving out in faith to witness to the lost.   

Amen .......But brother Rmyers...can I ask please- I did not respond to God at all......I read a book called redeeming love by Francis rivers....I wanted that kind of real love in my heart.....? 

It was only when i finished the book that the Holy Spirit entered my body with such a warmth that it completely changed me.....like cupids arrow right to my heart..SUCH LOVE i tell you  :heart: so God used a book in order for me to understand the meaning of Love in the first instance- then he started to shape me.... :yadda: that was me the icon.....saying I don't want to listen and the bible is too big and I don't understand all that goobly gook.... :th_praying: how wrong was I...... :shout:

Sis Agapelove, I would suggest that you did respond to God.  Revelations 3:20 says "Behold, I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him/her and dine with him/her and he/her with Me.  After reading that book, God knocked on the door of your heart and you responded by opening it and allowing Him to come into your life and change it forever.  

Sis Agapelove, I would suggest that you did respond to God.  Revelations 3:20 says "Behold, I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him/her and dine with him/her and he/her with Me.  After reading that book, God knocked on the door of your heart and you responded by opening it and allowing Him to come into your life and change it forever.  

I did didn't I, I didn't look at it like that......thank you brother.... :mgcheerful: I shall try remember that when I tell my testimony to others....Thank you and Bless you for taking the time to respond.... :emot-wanttohug:

Sis Agape 

Guest P_W

((( rmyers )))  Beautiful words!  Beautiful testimony!  That you for helping to ignite my faith!

Peace to you and God bless you much,

PrairWarur

Guest P_W

O, Lord!  I do believe!  Help Thou my unbelief, amen.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Limey_Bob
      Robert Skynner
      166 Tamar House
      James Street
      Plymouth
      PL1 4HJ

15th February 2012

Dear Richard,

I’ve been looking at the Scriptures for with regard to Michael the Archangel. Here is he result of my studies. Scripture mentions Michael five times at: Daniel 10:13, 21, 12:1, Jude 9 and Revelation 12:7. Michael is addressed as ‘Archangel’ (meaning the chief angel) at Jude 9. However, at none of these five verses is it stated or even hinted, that Jesus Christ is Michael the Archangel. From my copies of Russell’s (Zion’s) Watchtower, the Watchtower did for a long time teach that Michael was not the Michael: (Zion’s Watchtower, November 1879, page 48) – see the scan below:

(unfortunately this scan won't copy from word).

1.      At both Acts 17:31 and 1st Timothy 2:5, Jesus Christ in his post-resurrection state is described as ‘a man’ which is the Greek word ἄνθρωπος anthrōpos this word is numbered G444 in Strongs Concordance. However, the Watchtower contradicts this by claiming that Christ in the year 1914 defeated Satan as an angel, that is as Michael the archangel and not as a resurrected and glorified man: Revelation its Grand Climax at Hand, page 181, section 16. This claim is further undermined at Matthew 24:30, Mark 13:26 and Luke 21:27, where Christ is at his second coming is described with the messianic title; ‘The Son of Man,’ however, angels aren’t human beings and so angels cannot be described as the ‘Sons of men.’

2.      Hebrews 1:4 states that Jesus Christ isn’t an angel, because he is: “so much better than the angels.” The context is given at verse three, where the representation of an image made by a seal in wax is made, to illustrate the fact that Christ and the Father both share the same divine nature.  This is why Christ is superior to the angels.

3.      The angels always refuse to accept any worship which is directed towards them, see Revelation 22:8-9. And yet at Hebrews 1:6 God the Father directly commands the angels to worship his Son; Jesus Christ. “Let all the angels of God worship him” (Hebrews 1:6, 1961 edition NWT, also all other modern and ancient translations).

4.      Michael the Archangel was unable to rebuke Satan, and instead he said to him; ‘the Lord rebuke you’ (Jude 9, TEB), also translated as ‘may Jehovah rebuke you’ (Jude 9, NWT 1961 edition). Yet Jesus Christ did rebuke Satan, and he clearly did so himself at Matthew 4:10, where the 1961 edition NWT states that Christ rebuked Satan by stating: “Go away Satan! For it is written, ‘it is Jehovah your God you must worship, and to him alone you must render service.’ ”

5.      At Daniel 10:13 Michael isn’t identified as God’s Son, and neither is he spoken of as being unique in any sense whatsoever. For Michael is here identified in the plural as “one of the chief princes.” So because Michael is only one angel amongst a company of fellow senior angels, just as Daniel 10:13 states. So Christ, who is uniquely the μονογενής monogenēs ‘only begotten Son’ of God (John 3:16, 3:18, 1st John 4:9-14) and that by his uniquely (ontological) nature which he shares with the Father (Hebrews 1:3), cannot also at the very same time also be Michael, who is just one senior angel amongst a company of other similar (higher) angelic beings.

6.      At Hebrews 1:13 God the Father here makes a direct quotation of Psalm 110:1 and he then directly applies this to Jesus Christ: “But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?” Now if Christ were really Michael the archangel, then this verse wouldn’t make any sense. For the entire purport of this passage is to state that Christ only sits at his Father’s right hand, which in Jewish terminology means a position of rank and authority, because he is uniquely God’s Son (which archangels are not).

7.      We read at Hebrews 2:5 concerning the world to come, which Jehovah’s Witnesses interpret as the promised paradise earth that it won’t be a world which will be in subjection to the angels. However, at Hebrews 2:8, of this coming age we read that all things, which must surely include the new earth itself, will then be in complete subjection to Jesus Christ. So Christ cannot be an angel, or else they’d be a direct contradiction at Hebrews chapter 2 between verses 5 and 8.

8.      How can Jesus be Michael the Archangel, when according to John 14:9 to see Jesus Christ is to see God the Father: “He who has seen me has seen the Father.” However, a mere archangel, who isn’t Yahweh God, cannot reveal Yahweh to us, for only Yahweh himself can genuinely reveal himself to us! Could you the reader, reveal Yahweh God to another by the sheer force of your own will? Of course not, and for the obvious reason that because the reader isn’t God therefore he or she cannot reveal someone who they are not, for it is only possible to reveal yourself to another.

9.      1st Corinthians 6:3 speaking of God’s people, states that they will soon judge angels: “Know ye not that we shall judge angels?” However, if Jesus Christ is the Archangel Michael, who became this angel once again after his crucifixion, when his body dissolved into gasses, but was then recreated by Jehovah as the archangel Michael. Then to be consistent shouldn’t Jehovah’s Witnesses claim that one day they’ll judge Jesus Christ, if he’s an angel himself, in the light of 1st Corinthians 6:3. 
      10.  When Christ returns to this earth at his second coming, we are told at 1st John 3:2 of our own resurrections; “that we shall be like him.” However, as I’ve already mentioned, the Bible states very clearly at both: Acts 17:31 and 1st Timothy 2:5 that Christ in his post-resurrection state is described as ‘a man’ (ἄνθρωπος anthrōpos). However, the Jehovah’s Witnesses teach that Jesus Christ was recreated by Jehovah as an archangel at his resurrection (he was not resurrected as a man). Then because we shall be like him, if Christ is now an archangel, then that would mean that on their paradise earth, all Jehovah’s Witnesses would likewise also lose their human natures, being instead remade into angels themselves, just like their own version of  Jesus!

11.   The Revelation book on page 181, section 15, applies 1st Thessalonians 4:16 to Jesus and then makes the claim that this archangel is Jesus Christ. But this text does not state that the archangel is the Lord (Jesus) who descends from heaven, anymore than it states that the Lord (Jesus) who descends from heaven is a trumpet or a voice. The shout of the archangel and the trumpet of God both announce Christ’s return; but they are not Christ himself. If the Watchtower Society is to be consistent, they they ought to concede that if Christ is the archangel then he is also a trumpet! The – οῦ suffix ending in Greek, which is used of both the archangel ἀρχαγγέλου and also of God θεοῦ at 1st Thessaolonians 4:16, is a genitive singular which implies a grammatical possession. See the back cover of the Purple edition of the Kingdom Interlinear Translation where a grammar sheet is provided at the bottom of the back cover. So the shout is the archangel’s voice and the trumpet is God’s announcement according to the use of this genitive singular tense.

Finally.  Speaking of Jesus Christ’s human body, Paul at 1st Corinthians 15:44 does not claim that Christ rose from the dead as a ‘spirit,’ nut instead he tells us that at his resurrection, that Jesus rose as a ‘spiritual’ (πνευματικός pneumatikos) body (σῶμα sōma). This word pnumaticos means ‘spirit controlled,’ as in the instance of the rock which Moses struck 1st Corinthians 10:4, this rock was a literal rock and it wasn’t something composed out of spirit. The word ‘soma’ (body) in the singular tense always means a physical body, and this word never means ‘a spirit’ or something non-physical (such as a ghost), when its used in the singular, which is why Christ is then called a man (anthropos) three times at 1st Corinthians 15:47-49. So at his resurrection, from Yahweh his Father (who is a divine Spirit), and through Christ who is this same Divine Spirit; Jesus could now bestow everlasting life upon his elect, so he thus became a life-giving Spirit (verse 45), whilst at the very same time he also rose as a man with a genuine physical body (soma) which was spiritually dominated (pnumaticos) by the divine spirit.

Thank you

Robert XXXXX

FOLKS, I SEE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES OUT ON THE STREETS DOING THEIR CART WORK HERE IN PLYMOUTH, UK. WE NEED TO CHALLENGE THEM.
    • By Daniel_Quartararo
      The Lord has given me an absurdly supernatural testimony! And as a young Christian, it QUICKLY went to my head: "No one can deny my testimony, I have the greatest testimony ever, how could anyone ever deny my testimony?!"

WELL, turn outs, THEY CAN! AND THEY HAVE!  

One of the things that the Lord deeply impressed on my heart not too long after my head inflated was that EVERYONE'S TESTIMONY OF THE WORK OF JESUS CHRIST in their lives is INVALUABLE!!!!!!! And to encourage others to share their testimonies, especially if they believe that their testimony is not "spectacular" enough to share with the world! EVERYTHING JESUS CHRIST DOES IS SPECTACULAR! The Bible makes it clear how precise the Lord was about creating us to be exactly who we are, at the exact time and place we were born, for an exact and specific purpose of God! Our testimonies are the same way! No matter how big or small the SEEM, they are ALL INVALUABLE, every single one!!!!! Share your testimony as you go throughout your day! You'll be amazed at the lives He wants to touch at the supermarket, the gas station, while out on a walk, your workplace, while pulling up next to a homeless and broken man at a stop light!

Start to ALWAYS look for the side missions while you are going about your life, those pulls on your heart, those times where you are moved by compassion to speak, to share, to pray, to hug, to love, to smile, to greet, to bless in Jesus' name, to spread joy, to conquer fear, hurt, pain, depression, to encourage, to lift up, to give rest! God is so good! We can't be so focused on ourselves and our own salvation that we forget to reach out and allow God to reach those around us! We know the truth!!!!! WHAT AN INCREDIBLE BLESSING!!!!!!! Trust the Lord will show us how to work out our salvation as we continue to pursue Him with all our heart (desire), mind (thoughts), soul (being), and strength (time and energy), and let's ALL be the city of the hill who's light cannot be quenched, in Jesus' mighty name!

God loves you deeply! His glory is in the details of His plan for our lives! Learn the habit of praying without ceasing (talking with God about everything; it surely involves a lot more listening and repeating than speaking! ) and it is GOOD! Give yourself grace, it takes time to build a habit, but it CAN be built and it's BEYOND AMAZING to live this way; moving from GLORY TO GLORY in OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST (like Paul talks about in his gospel; his good news of Jesus Christ in his life!)! Be intentional about continuing to form these habits when you find you have ceased instead of beating yourself up. Take joy with every step you take towards like the Lord like the Lord is taking from every step you take closer to Him!!!!! God is WONDERFUL, GRACIOUS, KIND, GENTLE, and full of love for you! Amen! 

🎉 💓 ✝️ 💓 🎉

God bless you all, in Jesus' name! -Daniel
    • By Alix Carriedo
      Hello, my name is Alix Carriedo. I'm 19 years old.

I have a prayer request. I'm trying to fully surrender myself to the Lord, but I find that my flesh is fighting it with every last ounce in me. I want to live a powerful Holy Spirit lifestyle, where I can boldly listen to what God says and do it in faith. Like telling people Jesus loves them and healing and sharing the gospel. Kinda like Todd White and Dan Mohler. But it's very hard. Prayer and advice would be appreciated.
    • By Apologetics Evangelism Guy
      12 Steps that Show Christianity is True
      Here's a Twelve Step argument for the Truth of Christianity. This is adapted from an Apologetics workbook by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek.
      Truth about reality is knowable.
      The opposite of true is false.
      It is true that a theistic God exits.
      If God exists, then miracles are possible.
      Miracles can be used to confirm a message from God (i.e., as an act of God to confirm a word from God).
      The New Testament is historically reliable.
      The New Testament says Jesus claimed to be God.
      Jesus' claim to be God was miraculously confirmed by"
      His fulfillment of many prophecies about Himself;
      His sinless and miraculous life;
      His prediction and accomplishment of His resurrection from the dead.
      Therefore, Jesus is God.
      Whatever Jesus (who is God) teaches is true.
      Jesus taught that the Bible is the Word of God.
      Therefore, it is true that the Bible is the Word of God (and anything opposed to it is false).
      I will deal with each point in my Christian Apologetics podcast, Apologetics Evangelism.
      You can listen to my apologetics podcast on iTunes by clicking here. Or, you can listen on Podbean, my podcast website.