• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

@ LadyC,

LOL

There are a lot of "like mes" in the world.

After all, there is One Spirit who guides us all who are truly redeemed.  The only difference is, which of us pray, seeks, obeys, and SPEAKS what they are told?  Which of us refuse to compromise?  Which of us will boldy proclaim when others cower in the dark?

God help me to be fearless in the face of adversity, even unto death.

That is the only difference.  This is why so many Christians look at powerful ones and say "I WISH I could be so bold as to stand in the face of that sort of adversity".  It is in all of our hearts to truly obey and truly not be lazy and truly do as we should ... but o, man is such a lazy and unconcerned vessel of flesh.

But take heart, there is coming that day that we will all be perfect towards Him.  That's not a reason to be lazy, but it is a reason to be joyful towards our final home.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

@ other one,

I'm going to agree with you ... and then sharply disagree.  Now to explain why I agree ... and why I disagree.

AGREE:

I agree that there is One Shepherd and One Flock and One Spirit and One Gospel.  Hands down and exclamation point.  We are in agreement there.  But this thread appears to be meant for more ... entertaining ... conversation.  So, let's leave the scholastic and academic political correctness outside, OK? :-) Clearly one is either truly redeemed, or they are kidding themselves.

DISAGREE:

Now, I disagree on these terms:

1)

The Spirit does not give all the same gifts to every single person.  So, clearly we use those gifts differently.

2)

The Bible clearly talks about the Body of Christ in its PARTS.  Some are a hand, some are a foot, some are a ...  So clearly, just as the body has different parts, so too are we ... well ... different.

3)

Scriptures also clearly talk about the weak Brethren.  One brother observes a Sabbath because he thinks it is sacred.  I do not.  I know all days are the same.  Another brother will refuse to eat pork.  I do, and I give thanks to God for it.  Scriptures call them "weak," not me, cause I don't have a problem with those things.  Read it for yourselves.  I also refuse to drink alcohol.  Some of you brethren reading this right now drink wine.  I don't drink because I'm weak or strong, I just refuse to play with that sort of fire which could lead to something I don't want.  And I never want to be in a situation that I say "I need a drink."  I'm content to say "I need to talk to God about this - now!"  But I don't believe that there is a sin in a glass of wine either (drunkenness is the sin).  Again, different outlooks ... and those who participate always find is nigh impossible to properly council those who also indulge (be ye PERFECT as your Father is PERFECT ... or you simply will not be as effective as you could/should be).  Kinda like, how in the world are you ever going to be effective for God in preaching against divorce, or dealing with married couples ... if you yourself have been divorced?  This is why we are told to be PERFECT ... so we can be EFFECTIVE ... in all areas.

3a)

Scriptures also talk a bit about carnal Christian also.

4)

In Revelation, we clearly see Jesus Himself addressing Churches.  Each of them were DIFFERENT and had DIFFERENT behaviors.  At the end of each letter, we see "... hear what the Spirit says to the ChurchES".  Do you see that?  It's plural.  I cringe when I hear people say that the message was for that singular Church.  It is for the ChurchES, meaning, every individual Christians who knows that it applies to them. regardless of what generation or timeline they live in.

5)

Didn't Paul tell Peter off to his face?  Didn't Paul and Barnabus disagree sharply?  Wasn't Paul far more rambunctious then Barnabus?  Course he was.  Different personalities.

6)

We all have different cultures, nationalities, and personalities ... and parental influences.  Of course that will carry over into our Christian walk.  Some pastors, for example, are very tolerant, hoping that the Word of God will change peoples hearts.  Others simply spew the truth as the truth is - you are wicked and you are going to Hell, even as our Lord did.  Again, they are different.  But each Christian.  That's the point.

Yes, those who are truly redeemed ARE Christian.  But they have differing characteristics and personalities.

So you are actually both right ... in the correct context.

7)

And so, I will leave you with...

"One plants the seed, and ANOTHER waters it, but it is God who causes it to grow."

So yes, we all work the field yards, but even field laborers have different tasks and attitudes.  A fingernail does not do the same thing as the nose hairs.  Yet each protect and have functions of their own ... and sometimes they work the same thing but from different angles ... like picking the nose.  lol

FACT: when it is all said and done, brethren, there will be no divides.  No denominal or theological barriers.  No more misunderstandings.  Just PERFECT UNDERSTANDING and a SINGLE MIND that understands it all, as Christ.  We will have a perfect understanding.  Strive to enter into the narrow gate.  Don't be so caught up on online debates or who is wrong and who is right - let GOD be true.  You just live as you are supposed to brothers and sisters.  The only thing you should be concerned with, is if your name is written in the Lambs Book of Life.  Nothing else matters in the end.  Nothing.  Not even your works or your good deeds.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I am with   other one on this.  You either are a Christian or you aren't.  Our personalities dictate what aspects we focus on.  I tend to focus on Thankfulness. I am so thankful that Jesus continued to knock on my door until I answered it.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

One who has experienced the spiritual side..

very shocking but it is real...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think that my christian walk has been one of encouragement and hospitality i feel that there are always times in our walk when we go through trials and doubts and to be the one who is used by God to be quite and listner to another brother or sisters needs and be used to pray for them to see the heavey ness lift, the need met, answers to pray, is for me a great blessing. Has I have been in there shoes i have had trials and tribulations in my life my walk has been one of cling to my Lord Jesus and knowing that there is no other one who can supply all my needs

2 Corinthians 1: 3-4

God of all comfort blessedd be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

The Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our afflictions,

so that we may be able to comfort those who who are in affliction,

with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Edited by rosemary

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I notice how there are different types of christians who are called to different ministries and i find it fascinating. do u know what type of christian u are?

Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ, I think what your pointing at is gifts of the Holy Spirit once one becomes a Christian. That does lead to fancination.

No matter who does what through the Holy Spirit it always points back to Jesus and He is certianly fascinating as we're drawn closer to Him. :)