• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Q,

Can't disagree with you more. Rewards in Heaven will be all about what YOU DID with what was given to you.

We will not be treated equally by the master at the Bema Seat judgment. Many will walk away ASHAMED. Some will walk away in HONOR.

It's all up to us. What do we want?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

What we did will be tried by fire. What will determines if it remains all depends on why we did what we did, not that we did it.  If we did it for selfish reasons, do you think it will stand the test?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Jesus Christ has a tremendous amount of mercy,grace,understanding and compassion.He is the perfect judge.Not like the judges we have in our world today.When we get a verdict from Christ we know it will be fair.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

There is only one rapture, or being caught up to be with Christ in the air. Who goes, only God knows.

Bulls-eye on both shots, brother.

There's only one rapture and we need to be ready (prepared).

Many teach that all believers will go. But scripture says to pray that we may be counted worthy to escape all these things, and to stand before the Son of man (Luke 21:36), not to assume we are all worthy.

Cheers

Q,

Can't disagree with you more. Rewards in Heaven will be all about what YOU DID with what was given to you.

We will not be treated equally by the master at the Bema Seat judgment. Many will walk away ASHAMED. Some will walk away in HONOR.

It's all up to us. What do we want?

Amen to that, brother.

The funny thing about the Bema seat judgment is that very little is said about it in God's Word, yet most people that I hear talk about it as if we will all go in the rapture, where our works will be judged. Scripture does not say that. And that appears to contradict several scriptures and the parables as well, not to mention Rev.22:12. So there must be some other way to understand this, and I believe there is.

God's ways are much higher than our ways. While we're down here living on the earth, we have men appointed to judge between us, and we must go to the courthouse and physically stand before them. But Jesus is sitting on His throne in heaven. He does not need us to physically stand before Him. There is absolutely nothing we can say or do that is hidden from His eyes, nothing. Our lives are an open book every second of every day. This is why I believe that when He steps off of His throne, His judgment is set and time is up -- game over. Then He will be coming in the clouds and He said our rewards will be with Him, to give to everyone according to their works (Rev. 22:12). Only those who are worthy when He appears will be able to stand before Him. Two will be in a field, one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill, one will be taken and the other left. You know the rest of the story...

Cheers

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

If it's true that we somehow have to earn our spot in the first rapture, what I want to know is how do we know we're good enough? How do we know we've done enough? How do we know we've prayed enough, been watchful enough, loved God and His Word enough, resisted temptation enough, avoided carnality enough, had enough faith, done enough works?

Is there some sort of objective standard somewhere in Scripture that lets us be sure?

Shouldn't I be doing these things because I love God and want to please Him already, if I'm truly a believer?

If it's true that we somehow have to earn our spot in the first rapture, what I want to know is how do we know we're good enough? How do we know we've done enough? How do we know we've prayed enough, been watchful enough, loved God and His Word enough, resisted temptation enough, avoided carnality enough, had enough faith, done enough works?

Excellent questions, Chloe!

I think a lot of people misunderstand this. Some will claim that this is just salvation by works, but it really is not, because our salvation is based solely on what Christ did for us on the cross, if we believe. But that is only the first step in this long journey. We have to continue walking in the way, and when Christ returns He will judge what His servants have done and reward them according to their works. There are three different types of believer (see parable of the sower), but only two of these will end up being saints when all is said and done. But it's not based on how good we are or how much we do, but rather if we will do what He commanded us to do. He has scattered many clues throughout His Word. There are believers and then there are disciples, hearers and doers, faithful servants and lukewarm. There will be only two classes in the kingdom of heaven, the greatest and the least. But forget what I say, because all of your questions can be answered with scripture.

Matthew 5:19

Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Is there some sort of objective standard somewhere in Scripture that lets us be sure?

Yes, our reward will be based on the Word of God.  The other things we have done in this life will not be recognized.

John 12:48

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Shouldn't I be doing these things because I love God and want to please Him already, if I'm truly a believer?

Oh my, you ask very good questions!

John 14:21

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.

The more we want to know Him and draw nearer to Him, the more we will be in His Word.

Luke 4:4

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

This is what it really means to be ready, being prepared in His Word and doing it. But don't worry about trying to be perfect, because we will all stumble from time to time, but the Lord will pick us up and He knows our hearts.

Cheers

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I would start with Luke 21:36 prayer and then while I am on my knees in prayer I would ask God to reveal ANYTHING in my life that is displeasing to him and is in need of repentance. I think God loves these prayers, and I think the Holy Spirit loves to illuminate an open mind.

Stay in God's word and in prayer and most of all in LOVE for your neighbor and you can't go wrong.

Like the good book says, "he who draws closer to me, I draw closer to them." ( somewhere in James)

Love you sis,

Spock

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

There is no question, lukewarm Christians will be left behind. The question is then, are the lukewarm born again or not?

LAMAD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

You are either following Jesus, looking for Him to come or you are caught up in the world`s affairs. Of course we need to be responsible in our life to every day living but where is our heart. That is the key. Our lips may say one thing but our hearts, our motives, our desires where are they focussed? Mmmmmm