IGNORED

Making Distinctions and Breaking Fellowships

tsth

Dear Jina,

Thank you so much for your honest testimony.  You spoke of the biblical accountability, but I am too sorry, that no one stepped up sooner, especially with your husband (or maybe they did?)  I am sorry for your hardship and situation, but I appreciate your upfront honesty in regard to it.  I do wish that your husband had been held accountable in the church, and that your marriage could have been restored.

I do however understand the need to be out of harms way.  You should never be abused.

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well my husband chose not to go back to church.He was held accountable and I have to believe that he was never repentant and saved in the first place. God will give the truth to those who truly want the truth. The problem with the "Church" today is not wanting to offend anyone. While the Bible I read says count ourselves blessed when we are offended by those because of the Truth.I believe in the Bible as the infallible word of God and therefore I believe it in it's entirety. I believe it is not for private interpretation. God says it I believe it. No ifs and or buts about it. Thank you, Jina

Matthew 18:

15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. 18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Galatians 6:1 - Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

James 5:

19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; 20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

1 John 2:1 - My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1 John 2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

And Everybody Say AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by tanner

• 13 years later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

Proverbs 28:23 ¶ He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favour than he that flattereth with the tongue.

Although confronting someone that you care about is painful and can bring with it some immediate unpleasant results, I look to the Proverb above.  Another secular way of stating this is, "An enemy stabs you in the back, but a friend stabs you in the front".  Some of the best advice I have ever received made me angry at first.  Then afterwards I realized that my friend had been right.  The Holy Spirit made me face my shortcomings and when I finally did that, I went back and thanked my friend.  Hope this helps somebody.

• Thumbs Up 1