IGNORED

Do you ever feel stupid? Small children don't.

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I think about my life.

Do you ever think about your past? Does it make you cringe?

If you are born again, do you ever remember how proud you were? Do you remember thinking that you were so smart? Do you remember the idiotic things that you have done? Do you remember your conceit, your blundering self-centred stupidity? Embarrassing isn't it?

All the people that you hurt, all the times when you thought you were right, and all the times that you stood up trying to impress others. All the stupid mistakes that you made convincing yourself that it was somebody elses fault!

The only memories that you can treasure are those early memories of being a small child. Whatever you did wasn't embarrassing, just funny. You were too young to know the difference, but from 18 to 20 onwards, you became responsible for your own actions and you were an idiot.

I feel that way.

When you receive Jesus in your life, you are renewed. You're still an idiot, but an idiot under guidance.You still have to remember that most of your life has been wasted though. Only as a child can you excuse your follies.

That's why most of our fondest memories are our memories of childhood. It's not just nostalgia, it's harking back to a day when we were more pure. It's looking back to the days when we were blameless, when we had no responsibility.

That is why I believe that Jesus wants us to come to him as small children. If you're going to start afresh you have to become a child again.

Children are not fools.

I love it, Oakwood, mind if I quote you?

Go right ahead.