• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Curious does anyone think the Gospel has reached all peoples on earth?

I see some say everyone cant read so it has not. Im not sure if that counts; 

hearing the word of Jesus would seem to be as good as reading it and it might be better, reading it can leave questions but hearing would lead to those questions being answered.

I would think it has been accomplished although I have no proof.

Is there a place on earth or a people you think has not heard of Jesus?

The Gospel is probably being heard and accepted outside the traditional Christian west than any other place. I keep hearing of reports of whole masses of peoples coming to Christ Jesus in foreign lands. The Muslim countries undoubtedly are the hardest to reach because the radical Muslims (especially Iran, Syria, etc.) continually drive Christian out or kill them. Africa and Indonesia appears to be the worst hotbeds of Muslims killing Christian converts. So I think it safe to say there are many in Asia and in Muslim countries that have no chance to hear The Gospel and believe.

good thought most any muslim country would be the hardest. I do not use tv so I may miss a few things.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

My daughter in law's grandparents had never seen the inside of a church except when they were married; he rejected Christ. Her mom was hardened, but I always loved her. They all lived in my area. When God and prayer were kicked out of schools in the early 60s, a whole generation was raised only knowing about God from what they heard on secular TV shows. Bad guys wore crosses. All Christians were hipocrits and worse sinners than anyone else--even pastors. TV evangelists were greedy con artists with the exception of Billy Graham . Christianity was no longer fashionable. Bibles are no longer distributed freely in our area.

Our son led his girlfriend to the Lord and then married her a year later. Now their son is dating a girl he met in and has been taking to church. She also is from a home of unblievers and came alone once she was able to drive. She is so hungry for the love of Christ. So not all have heard the Gospel and rejected Christ.

All of us must be first called by God and have the blindness and deafness removed to hear that call. Then we can foolishly resist. Our daughter in law did not know that the Christmas Carols sang about Jesus till she was saved, but she had heard them for 19 years. Before her death, her Christian hating new age mother was also led to the Lord by our son while sitting in the pew of our church. She urgently poked him and stated that the wanted what that guy (the pastor) was talking about. She received Christ before the sermon was over. This happens often in our church. A grandmother had been attending the baptist church I had also attended before coming to church here. She received Christ the first day she came. But a successful Jewish scientist was saved there before they quit offering invitations to receive Christ..

God is still reaching and melting the hardened hearts of all ages.

I agree not all have heard and rejected the Gospel. Your church sounds awesome, but I know it take awesome people like you and your son to make an awesome church.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Lol! We know all too well what we are without Jesus; we are pretty average even with Him. Son carried a Navigators bookmark with the salvation scriptures. But it does take excellent Bible teaching and the watering of the Holy Spirit to give growth. Our pastor was a street kid in the hispanic slums of LA. He is always aware of his roots and is simply glad to be saved since he was also raised in new age free love household. He did turn down a full ride accademic scholarship to Harvard to follow God's calling to the ministry, as well as to plant our church. Our son rededicated His life to the Lord under his ministry over 20 years ago. We just have great dependance on the Holy Spirit and hungry hearts for God and His word. Feet of clay, every one of us.

2 Cor 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.