• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

So, recently someone here had written something to the effect of-self consciousness is not God consciousness. Well, it got me thinking i guess.  Anxiety, well, i guess I've tried to ignore it but its always there.  After reading that post, i tried to be more aware of what anxiety is doing in my life.  One example is, anxiety over usher duties at church(i was asked, not something i would volunteer for!) and there are words in my head, (I don't fit in, I'm not good enough).  Lies from satan.  May i be guided by the Holy Spirit, not  satan's lies.  

Guest Bethany

I have dealt with lies from Satan before. What I've found helpful is getting out a large piece of paper. On one side write out the lie satan is telling you, draw a line down the center and across from the lie WRITE THE TRUTH! Find scripture! If you can't find scripture to counter the lie...ask for some help on here. We can help ya. 

For example, from my journal:

You cannot overcome this sin:

James 4:7-Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.,

1 Corinthians 10:13-No temptation[a] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[b]beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[c] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.,

Hebrews 2:17-18 For this reason he had to be made like them,[k]fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

"You will not be tempted beyond what you can bare. God will provide a way out."(this is what I wrote)

Another example: 

God does not want to be with you because all you do is sin

John 3:16-17 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

ROmans 5:6  You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless,Christ died for the ungodly.

Deuteronomy 33:12 12 About Benjamin he said:

“Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him,
    for he shields him all day long,
    and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders."

"God loved me before I was born. God loves me so much he sent his son, the ultimate sacrifice, to atone for my sins. He wants to be with me. I'm his beloved."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

from experience and a stressful job, it seemed that both myself and many of those I worked with suffered most of our anxiety over the lack of sleep.   If you are not sleeping well you can't deal with stress very well and that leads to anxiety....    after a number of years that can lead to all kinds of limitations in your daily life.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

One thing about satan's lies is that satan will CONDEMN you while the Holy Spirit CONVICTS you and gives you HOPE.  So that's 1 way of differentiating between satan and the Holy Spirit.

Satan can instill all types of lies from anxiety to depression to anger to fear to loneliness. The list is a long one. The bible tells us to take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

This will help also:

Phl 4:8-9 KJV - Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
- Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  126
  • Birthday:  04/15/1990

So true..... Thanks for sharing...... 

I have dealt with lies from Satan before. What I've found helpful is getting out a large piece of paper. On one side write out the lie satan is telling you, draw a line down the center and across from the lie WRITE THE TRUTH! Find scripture! If you can't find scripture to counter the lie...ask for some help on here. We can help ya. 

For example, from my journal:

You cannot overcome this sin:

James 4:7-Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.,

1 Corinthians 10:13-No temptation[a] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[b]beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[c] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.,

Hebrews 2:17-18 For this reason he had to be made like them,[k]fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

"You will not be tempted beyond what you can bare. God will provide a way out."(this is what I wrote)

Another example: 

God does not want to be with you because all you do is sin

John 3:16-17 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

ROmans 5:6  You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless,Christ died for the ungodly.

Deuteronomy 33:12 12 About Benjamin he said:

“Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him,
    for he shields him all day long,
    and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders."

"God loved me before I was born. God loves me so much he sent his son, the ultimate sacrifice, to atone for my sins. He wants to be with me. I'm his beloved."

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings hmbld

Praise the Lord! God is so good,Ahhh yes,,,the Father of Comfort ! The opposite of feeling anxious is to be comforted,to embrace peace & enter into Gods rest........May I suggest the most reliable source of comfort I have found,it is a very old 7 reliable method that never goes out of date?

Psalm 23.......as others have mentioned here that we combat satans lies with Gods Truth,the Sword of the Spirit,the Word of God......

When you begin to feel anxiety knocking at your door remember that your opposition is a defeated enemy & you have already won the Victory in Christ ,,,,but half the battle is recognition & you have already recognized the opponent,the liar........Psalm 23 also reminds us that when we walk through those low valleys we see the shadow of death ,it can appear to be fearsome yet it is only a shadow......a shadow may block out the light for a moment but we only need to walk through it to come into the light,it can not harm us,,,,,it is like an illusion.We have to simply walk through it .......& the Lord is right beside us holding our hand

When the thoughts of not fitting in or not feeling good enough enter into your mind just think it is just a lie,an illusion & all I have to do is walk through this shadow & into the light........let that encourage you as you take on the usher duties at church......once you get out there & do it it will be a breeze because God is with you ,He is right there beside you to Light the Way.Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  76

How can I remove my social phobia? It's so bad I don't even want to remove it. I'm afraid of that itself!

It's so bad I go and talk to people, drive or just live like a normal human being. I'd like to be able to go to church (somehow find the right one first...don't want of 'church surf' and look like a fool!). I need to discover if I have a gift at all and deliver that to people.

I've prayed in the past and got no help with my disorder, perhaps because I don't really want it gone. It's hard to explain. I guess because I've had if all my life.

I think God gave me a small amount of strength a month ago to do something. It was still hard, but I nearly didn't do it.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

So helpful!