IGNORED

Please help,Drugs forbidden in the bible?????

firestormx

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Let's ignore the laws of the land for the moment because they are subject to change. As a rule of thumb I would advise anybody to stay clear of mind-altering drugs such as LSD and even cannabis (controlled doses for medicinal purposes may be an exemption to this rule).

Oak, help me understand your post. 

What makes medicinal cannabis exempt from temporary possession? What keeps the evil spirits at bay just because the drug is for medicinal purposes? It sounds like you are saying "Because it is legal by man's laws for medicinal purposes, the evil spirits cannot/will not take possession of the partaker since the partaker took it 'legally' ".  My apologies if this is coming across as curt. Can you elaborate on your post? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Let's ignore the laws of the land for the moment because they are subject to change. As a rule of thumb I would advise anybody to stay clear of mind-altering drugs such as LSD and even cannabis (controlled doses for medicinal purposes may be an exemption to this rule).

Oak, help me understand your post. 

What makes medicinal cannabis exempt from temporary possession? What keeps the evil spirits at bay just because the drug is for medicinal purposes? It sounds like you are saying "Because it is legal by man's laws for medicinal purposes, the evil spirits cannot/will not take possession of the partaker since the partaker took it 'legally' ".  My apologies if this is coming across as curt. Can you elaborate on your post? 

I very carefully included the word 'may' in my statement because I'm not too sure.

Believe me when I say that something being legal or not is not affecting my decision. In a lot of places now cannabis has been decriminalised. My own personal decision not to smoke it has nothing to do with the law. I've smoked it in the past and I'd do it again if I wanted to, legal or otherwise, but I don't wish to.

However, back to the point - drugs used for medicinal purposes are often controlled and in small quantities not strong enough for recreational use.

Or, another way of looking it at it:

Such drugs affect people in different ways - they may open gateways to the dark side for some but not for others and I don't want to be the person who denies medical treatment for those who really need it. I can't really say.

I do think though that people who use drugs for recreational purposes want to get 'high'. They want the mind-altering kick that gives them, so they are more likely to chase after it. Cannabis for example, does not appear to be particularly mind-altering but it is to some extent. People on cannabis often speak a load of rubbish. They believe that it makes them think very profoundly but it just makes them think stupidly IMO. Dope smokers are such bores. Also, in excess cannabis can make you feel paranoid.

I talk from experience.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I often wonder if some of the manufactured, psychotropic drugs  do the same thing, or are even worse. One day, all will be revealed. 

Thank you for elaborating. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

In Revelation, the Greek word pharmakatos (? on spelling) is translated as "sorceries" in the KJV. Rightly so, because that's where our word for pharmacy comes from. But it's obviously not about proper use of healing medicines. Today the drug companies are making psychotropic drugs that have caused many to hallucinate and to have suicidal tendencies, even drugs as simple as those to help one quit smoking. It should be obvious what the sorcerers today are up to, as they are not only those out in the woods cooking meth. Beware.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Geoff Primanti

I personally believe that 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (and the teaching in Galatians) refers to all mind-altering drugs including legally and prescribed ones such as prosac.

1 Corinthians 6:12 also applies.

Guest Geoff Primanti

In Revelation, the Greek word pharmakatos (? on spelling) is translated as "sorceries" in the KJV. Rightly so, because that's where our word for pharmacy comes from. But it's obviously not about proper use of healing medicines. Today the drug companies are making psychotropic drugs that have caused many to hallucinate and to have suicidal tendencies, even drugs as simple as those to help one quit smoking. It should be obvious what the sorcerers today are up to, as they are not only those out in the woods cooking meth. Beware.

"Sorceries" is also mentioned in the second to last verse of Revelation 18, if you would be willing to look at it.  But I think that is what you were referring to.  Just making it more accessible.

Also Revelation 21:8.  Which should scare you if you're currently on any kind of mental medication.

Edited by Geoff Primanti