Johnlove

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

You quote much scripture, but it escapes me as to what you seem to be saying.

It seems you talk about gifts of the Holy Spirit, and offices of the Church.

Yet what is the Church of God’s?

I personally believe the Church of God are those who live the whole Word of God.

Yet the only Church with any authority form God, is the Roman Catholic/Greek Orthodox. 

Their bishops have the authority of an apostle, even though they, because the Church no longer teaches God whole Word, have not any of the powers of an apostle.

The message is in the verses. The Holy Spirit has set up an office of teacher. To claim we should not be taught from anyone but the Holy Spirit is discounting His office He set up. God has anointed some to teach, otherwise there would be no office for teaching.

As for bringing in the Roman Catholic Church and Greek Orthodox church, be advices we do not allow any teaching from their doctrine nor do we allow any bashing of either church.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

I personally believe the Church of God are those who live the whole Word of God.

Yet the only Church with any authority form God, is the Roman Catholic/Greek Orthodox. 

Their bishops have the authority of an apostle, even though they, because the Church no longer teaches God whole Word, have not any of the powers of an apostle.

The message is in the verses. The Holy Spirit has set up an office of teacher. To claim we should not be taught from anyone but the Holy Spirit is discounting His office He set up. God has anointed some to teach, otherwise there would be no office for teaching.

As for bringing in the Roman Catholic Church and Greek Orthodox church, be advices we do not allow any teaching from their doctrine nor do we allow any bashing of either church.

Show me scripture that says a Spiritual Christian needs to be taught about God by anyone but the Holy Spirit.  I quoted scripture that said only God can bring one to know God.  Show me you know what you are talking about.

Show me scripture that says a Spiritual Christian needs to be taught about God by anyone but the Holy Spirit.  I quoted scripture that said only God can bring one to know God.  Show me you know what you are talking about.

I will be more than willing to discuss the purpose of a teacher in its own thread. Start one and we can discuss. Scripture has already been provided, but if you need further discussion, please do so.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

ya John Im with onelight one this one teachers are important in learning and im going to make a thread about that i invite you to come

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

a debate on why we need teachers when we have the holy spirit came up and I wanted to clarify why we need teachers. true enough the holy spirit is a great teacher but the church needs Godly teachers as well, because after all what if this one preacher who teaches a sermon is in fact being used by god?

How do we not know every word he is saying is actually the holy spirit speaking through him? even an insightful knowledgable and wise veteran Christian can benifit from a sermon making the wise even wiser and the unlearned more insightful.

God has always loved using ppl to do his will or speak to our hearts. When I hear a sermon I take in the teachings then ask god to clarify the truth in it.

I will be more than willing to discuss the purpose of a teacher in its own thread. Start one and we can discuss. Scripture has already been provided, but if you need further discussion, please do so.

I have shown you scripture that says only God can bring one to know God, but will again show you. (1 Corinthians 2:10-16)  “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God.  After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God. Now instead of the spirit of the world, we have received the Spirit that comes from God, to teach us to understand the gifts that he has given us.  Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually.  A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything and his own value in not to be judged by other men.  As scripture says;’ who can know the mind of the Lord, so who can teach him?’  But we are those who have the mind of Christ.”

a debate on why we need teachers when we have the holy spirit came up and I wanted to clarify why we need teachers. true enough the holy spirit is a great teacher but the church needs Godly teachers as well, because after all what if this one preacher who teaches a sermon is in fact being used by god?

How do we not know every word he is saying is actually the holy spirit speaking through him? even an insightful knowledgable and wise veteran Christian can benifit from a sermon making the wise even wiser and the unlearned more insightful.

God has always loved using ppl to do his will or speak to our hearts. When I hear a sermon I take in the teachings then ask god to clarify the truth in it.

Since you started this thread while I was splitting the other thread, I have merged it here, being the same topic.

Study?  What do you study?  Do you study some other persons understanding of God/God’s written Word?

The Word of God is a directive to us as to life and how to live it here in the death...

so by reliance on God's Spirit through teachers I learn the miracle of knowing God and

what He wants from me as His individual for a collective purpose of His Glory...

Eph 4:11-15

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some,

evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting

of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the

body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and

of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the

measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we

henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about

with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning

craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the

truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head,

even Christ:

KJV

If you study someone else’s understanding about God, then you are just making an assumption he or she had the correct understanding, is that not right?

By the above verse and testing the spirit of all messages that is given me by The Word I am

lead by God The Holy Spirit into all truth... it is a work of prayer and searching with all

of the mind, heart and strength and I never give up for in it is life to me... Plus as I do

as His Word instructs me I also have God's blessed promise of finding:

Jer 29:11-13

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord,

thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and

I will hearken unto you. 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when

ye shall search for me with all your heart.

KJV

The only way one can come to know God is to allow God to teach him or her.  Do you believe you/or anyone else is a better teacher then God?

This is a novice understanding as the whole council of God tells us to utilize His Word on the how of everything.

You have completely ignored what God says through Paul of how God expects us to learn from His Holy Spirit...

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

This is the most misunderstood passage of Scripture and it is well represented here to its meaning:

When the apostle asserted that believers do not need other teachers, he was not advocating

a mystical anti-intellectualism that spurns all human teachers. On the contrary, the Lord

has given the church godly pastors, elders, and teachers “for the equipping of the saints

for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ” (Eph 4:12; cf. v. 11; 1 Cor 12:28).

John's point is that believers must not rely on human wisdom or man-centered philosophy (cf. 1 Cor 1:18-2:9; Col 2:8)

but on the teaching of God's Word by Spirit-gifted human teachers and the illuminating work

of the Holy Spirit.

Here's a good treatise on the whole subject:

http://www.gotquestions.org/judge-teachings-leaders.html

Love, Steven

What Church?

ya John Im with onelight one this one teachers are important in learning and im going to make a thread about that i invite you to come

The only teachers one needs are those who bring one to understand the Jesus is our Lord and God.  Those teachers then baptize him or her in the name of Jesus;  

Then when one receives the Holy Spirit their education to come to know God will be completed. 

The only teachers one needs are those who bring one to understand the Jesus is our Lord and God.  Those teachers then baptize him or her in the name of Jesus;  

Then when one receives the Holy Spirit their education to come to know God will be completed.

So, according to you, the Holy Spirit did not mean for His anointed teachers to spend their time teaching the meat of the word to His children, but only to teach people about Jesus? That leaves out a lot of scripture pertaining to teaching.

I do understand that the Holy Spirit teaches, but He uses teachers as well. To say we need no teachers once we have the Holy Spirit robs one of a lot of His anointed teachings through other brethren. They are Gods chosen to teach everyone.  It is also the reason why many have false beliefs, claiming to of been taught directly by the Holy Spirit, even when what they claim as truth goes against scripture, drawing others into false beliefs. God did not set up the office of teacher for just the lost or babes in Christ, but for his whole body. You really need to revisit 1 Corinthians 12:12-31 and understand the message found within this chapter.