IGNORED

Have you ever feel the Holy Spirit hovering in you?

onni

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

Can anyone tell me where the Bible teaches that we should expect to 'feel' the presence of the Holy Spirit within us, and what the Bible teaches us that it would feel like? 

2Co 5:6  Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 
2Co 5:7  (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 
2Co 5:8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 

How can we be in God's presence, and be able to sense his Spirit?
We do not want to be at home in the body, because that makes us feel like we are absent from the Lord. We would rather be absent from our body and be present with the Lord.
The Apostle Paul told us this....

Rom 8:8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 
Rom 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 

If you want to sense the Spirit of God and his presence with you all the time then this is what you must do....

Col 3:1  If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
Col 3:2  Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth
Col 3:3  For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 
Col 3:4  When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory

Set your mind on the things of above. Think about the Lord all the time. When you do this you will appear with him in Glory!!!!
You make yourself at home in the body, by not thinking about the Lord.
This is what is called "repentance" Repentance does not mean to feel sorry for your sins, it means "to change your mind" Stop thinking about the things of this world and start thinking about the Lord in all of his Glory. I guarantee, you will sense the Spirit of God with you all the time if you do this.

Edited by CurtisCWilson

Or . . .

Is this like the Mormon experience of feeling a warmth in the bosum when praying about the Book of Mormon? Are feelings with the five sense, or emotions, meaningful? If so, when people 'feel' they have lost salvation, or feel that God hates them, etc. also valid?

Does anyone believe Jer 17:9?:

The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; who can understand it?

I tend to go with scripture. If the bible says as a beleiver, I am indwelt by the Spirit, then that is all I need to know. If I felt a hovering, how do I know how to interpret that? Maybe I swallowed a moth accidently, or have heart burn.

Sorry to be so flippant, but experience of feelings can just as easily mean nothing or even be deceiving, and as such, don't interest me much.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

well said Omega well said. I dont know if experiencing the Holy Spirit at work has anything to do with a feeling but we trust what the word says that a legit Chrisitan has the Holy Spirit.

I think that people tend to make everything about feelings same at worship they think they need to have a emotional experience when worship is what u give to God not what u get.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Have you ever feel the Holy Spirit hovering in your heart? Not sure how to ask or put this in words correctly. Hope you understand my question.

Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Never had that particular phenomenon, nor sitting, he's just there.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

It feels like a river.  

Wildstar.

That's good.

You must have all the truth in you.

If you don't mind, what does 'you must have all the truth in you' mean?

he was being sarcastic, a subtle insult  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Reformed Baptist

Reformed Baptist, on 08 Aug 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

Can anyone tell me where the Bible teaches that we should expect to 'feel' the presence of the Holy Spirit within us, and what the Bible teaches us that it would feel like?

It does not teach that,I think Omega has said it well ,earlier in this thread I  said that for me it is a "knowing",,,,not a "feeling".............

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hi, I realise this is a slightly old thread but as soon as a I read it the following experience came to mind.

I played the saxophone on the worship team at my church for several years ( but sadly had to step out last year due to caring for elderly aunt, time etc).

In one service in 2012 we had just finished playing/singing a song and things were just settling back done for the sermon.

When there was a heaviness across the church. It was so tangible you could almost reach out and touch it. Then a sensation like wave after wave breaking over the heads of everyone in the congregation and moving around the church, (I should probably explain that we have two services in my church on Sunday morning, it was during the second service this happened when there was maybe 500-600 people present and everyone felt it).

The whole church fell into silence apart from the sound of sobbing from one person here and another person there in the congregation.

Others were just getting out of their seats and kneeling on the floor. I just knelt down where I was stood. I just couldn't stay on my feet.

The church pastor just stood back from the pulpit and said we should take some time out to enjoy the presence of the Holy Spirit in this place. Wow even as I am typing this up in my room, I can almost feel that same sensation just relating this to you.

For almost 10-15 minutes the while church was like this just bathing in the presence of God, amazing. Not one person left that morning without knowing God was real!!!

Even later when the the service continued, everyone was talking about having a feeling in their stomach like butterflies almost, and I had it too, it was almost like a sense of electricity going through your body.

Honestly if I had died that morning and gone to heaven it wouldn't have bothered me, I just wanted to be In the presence of God and so did everyone else.

Phew!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

There is no mistaking His Spirit in your life.  It is unmistakable.  It is peace that passes all understanding.  But again as my sister Kwik says it's not about feelings.  It's all about knowing that  He and always be with you.  He will never leave you or forsake you.

Because He Lives!! Rustyangel

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/30/1974

Yes, The Holy Spirit guides me to know what is right or wrong..