Christian55

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I have thought about this teaching in the past, and here is my opinion  The Bible, when discussion marriage, tells us we neither marry or are given in marriage in heaven, but are as the angels.  I think people have twisted that to mean we become angels.  Angels are a separate creation from mankind, and we will not literally become angels in heaven. 

Yes I believe we will be like angels only in that there will be " no male or female"

Says where?  The bible doesn't say that.   But thats a neat theory.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

There's only two dimensions of existence per God's Word, this earthy one, and the heavenly one. Right now while we are still here on earth in a flesh body, we cannot experience the heavenly dimension (unless God allows it for His greater purpose like He did with His prophets).

When Apostle Paul said as we have borne "the image of the earthy" we shall also bear "the image of the heavenly", what do you think he was talking about, another flesh body like we have today? God forbid, no.

The Heavenly dimension is going to be revealed here... on earth... at Christ's second coming. That's when the veil cast over all nations will be removed on that day (Isaiah 25; 1 Cor.15). We all will see The Lord as He is on that day (Rev.1).

Like Paul also said, flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. This is why even our Lord Jesus' body was transfigured at His resurrection. We don't inherit new flesh bodies, we inherit the "spiritual body" Paul taught, "the image of the heavenly".

What exactly does that mean, "the image of heavenly" or "spiritual body"? Think about it. It's about a vehicle for our spirit/soul to get around in. In the Heavenly one's spirit/soul must have a vehicle to get around in also, and that's what the "spiritual body" is. Did you notice Apostle Paul said it was a "body"? Do the angels have a "body"? YES! They have a spirit body. So then, what is a body for? It's for to house something. In the Heavenly, the "spiritual body" is our 'house' not made with hands, but eternal in the heavens. It's a heavenly shell for our spirit/soul. Our flesh body is only a shell for our spirit/soul while alive today on earth during this present world. The world to come is going to be different, no longer requiring a flesh shell to dwell in. This is what Paul meant that "corruption" (flesh body) must put on "incorruption" (spiritual body), AND "this mortal" (soul) must put on "immortality" (deathlessness, first resurrection).

Our Heavenly Father Himself has a Body, but is it of flesh? No, of course not, for He said in John 4 that He is "a Spirit" and all those worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24). Yet the image of 'man' originates from God's Own Image Likeness, as per Gen.1:26-27. So even the image of 'man' first originated... from the flesh born on earth? NO! It first originated with God's Own Image in the Heavenly.

I am surprised at how so many brethren struggle with this, and think this present fleshy world is going to continue forever.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I have thought about this teaching in the past, and here is my opinion  The Bible, when discussion marriage, tells us we neither marry or are given in marriage in heaven, but are as the angels.  I think people have twisted that to mean we become angels.  Angels are a separate creation from mankind, and we will not literally become angels in heaven. 

Yes I believe we will be like angels only in that there will be " no male or female"

NT-KJV

Gala 3:

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Matt 22:30
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
you can it here
More than theory to me.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

NT-KJV

Gala 3:

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
you can it here
More than theory to me.

I believe you are stretching the verse to mean something that it is not.  On one hand it does say "neither male nor female" but its saying that for the purpose that salvation is for all people of all kinds.  It's not saying there will be no females or males in heaven.  

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

The bible says we are considered higher than the angels. So no we do not become angels.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

my wife already is ;) but no, and why would we want to be? We are listed in Hebrews 1:4-14 as being higher then angels! so why would we want to be demoted?

NT-KJV

Gala 3:

you can it here
More than theory to me.

I believe you are stretching the verse to mean something that it is not.  On one hand it does say "neither male nor female" but its saying that for the purpose that salvation is for all people of all kinds.  It's not saying there will be no females or males in heaven.  

you might be right, you have a good point

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Before you give up on this, ask yourself why there would need to be male and female genders in heaven. If we are going to live forever, will there be a need to bear children and is childbirth ever mentioned in the next life? Will we need a helpmate when we are with God?

Before you give up on this, ask yourself why there would need to be male and female genders in heaven. If we are going to live forever, will there be a need to bear children and is childbirth ever mentioned in the next life? Will we need a helpmate when we are with God?

Im not giving up on the way I see it. God tells me ill be over angels, so he is going to do something wonderful to/in me for me to be able to have that task and I doubt ill be thinking about women or going to bathroom.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Can we become an angel after death? 

Jesus said those of the resurrection are as the angels of God in Heaven (Matt.22:30).

I find it hard to believe that a person of your knowledge of the Bible would use a short sentence fragment to say something so out of context......   i'm disappointed.....

Not out of context at all. Your insults in ignorance only give me more opportunity to teach others on this subject.

That scripture you referred there was saying that we would not be getting married in heaven as the angels do not marry in heaven, it is not saying that we are going to be Angels as is the theme of this thread.