• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Why do people need a exorcist. When Jesus alone can drive demons out.

:thumbsup:

Good Question :)

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? 

and in thy name have cast out devils?

and in thy name done many

wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, 

I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:22-23

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Exorcism is a religious practice that is held by many religions.  If you do a search you will see ho wit is tied into them.  Jesus told us we can cast out demonic spirits.  He did not say we needed a ritual to do so.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings tigger....

Yes,just as One Light has said,"Jesus never said anything about rituals".......as a matter of fact,we should really take note of how very simply Jesus did everything.......He said"leave"& it was done but when the WORD Himself speaks,God Almighty.......what other options are there-LOL

Jesus gave us the Authority to do exactly as He has done & gave us the position of Victory to stand on (with boldness & confidence)by His finished work on the cross.........by the Power of His Holy Spirit,all we ever need is HIM.........to do ALL things

Philippians 4:13New King James Version (NKJV)

13 I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me.

.     Exorcism is a religious ritual,a practice that is not supported by Scripture..............some demons ,as Jesus explained,,,,,do require prayer & fasting but again that is not a ritual.....it should be our lifestyle in Christ                                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  56,110
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

That can be an interesting subject....

Not all spirit demons are the same.....    some are easy to make go away and others require a lot of effort (prayer and even fasting).

Where most of the stories come from I would think is from the Catholic Church and their processes of getting a demon out of a person.   They believe that a person has to have the authority to command spirits and Jesus has to give that authority to a person, and that comes through the Church.    Malachi Martin was an exorcist for over 25 years and has written several books about the subject.

Not being a Catholic, it seems to me that Jesus would give that authority to any of his followers who needed to cast out demons by the power and authority of his name.

The problem is, is the person who is attempting to cast out a demon really connected to Jesus......     Remember that there were demons that the Disciples could not cast out and they had actually been given the authority to do so themselves directly by Jesus.

Another problem is that it's one thing to forcefully cast out a demon, and an altogether different thing to make it stay away.   I think the Bible warns us of that.....    so a person who is going to rid a person of a demon needs to also make sure that person fills that area with the Holy Spirit or the person would be worse off in the long run.   Add to that a person who is truly mentally ill can have the same actions as a possessed person.  People who have been abused to the point of disassociating their personality into two or more others can be seriously damaged by someone trying to drive out something that is truly themselves.

It's a complicated thing that people should be very careful of getting into.

Exorcists don't actually just cast out demons, but use a ritual that basically talks a demon into leaving more than kicking him out.   It can sometimes take a really long time.       If a person truly does have the authority of Christ, it is a simple matter of getting the demons attention, making sure there are not others hiding in the person and simply demanding that they leave the person.....    but one does have to truly have the authority of Christ to do so.....     One would not want to stand and demand a demon leave and have it simply say "no"......   and if you are really not prayed up and full of the spirit, that can easily happen.

So, do you really have to have an exorcist to get rid of a demon......    no but you certainly better be full of the Holy Spirit before you try, and you better be willing to work with that person and make sure they want to receive the Holy Spirit or you will be doing them a serious unjust thing.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

That's the thing---we don't. We only need the power and authority of Jesus Christ given to each of us by Holy Spirit to put a quick end to any of their dark shenanigans.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Actually we do need them just not ones you see in the movies. If I was given the authority to Cast out demons by commanding it or fasting and praying I would become an exorcist because there are millions of ppl being possessed. but I would have no connection to the catholic church or any church that I require permission to do the Exorcism because many poor victims get turned down because of that.

However its a major supernatural battle, its one thing to say we can because Jesus gave us authority but another thing entirely to do it. these demons are horrifying strong Clever and know our weaknesses. one slight bit of doubt and they will not hesitate to kill you or worse jump into you instead.

Not just anyone can expell A demon and if one tries without the given order from god and being Extremely strong in faith that is spiritual suicide they will overtake you and if u manage to expell a weak one he will return with more who are stronger.

trust me we need Exorcists

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Why would anyone Need to ask others for any kind of prayer?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

There really is no such ministry of exorcism. All believers have the ability in Christ to command demons. However, many do not know about it or are spiritually up to the challenge. That is why we often such people who are, are relied upon. Every church is equipped by Holy Spirit with people who are particularly strong in every known ability in the Body of Christ. We need to turn to them, but they are not what is commonly thought of as "exorcists".

• Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Why would anyone Need to ask others for any kind of prayer?

Because not everyone is a spiritual warrior. demons often times hinder our prayers as well as our sins Everytime you pray a spiritual battle is happening