Yes...."humbling" is the word   :thumbsup:

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

Not to quick, kwik. It all depends how far he takes it, we all want him to go all the way and clean house. In the past he has pulled out to early hoping he wont this time.

I really think they are committed to clean out the rat's nest in GAza and getting rid  of Hamas once and for all.  For one thing, Obama is irrelevant, unlike previous presidents.  He carries no weight with Israel.  His call for Israel to show restraint, while never once denouncing the rockets that were being fired into Gaza for weeks on end, pretty much kills his crediblity with Israel. 

Netanyahu is ignoring Obama worthless calls for ceasefire and is doing what a real leader does.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible, insofar as even if they were able to get 70 or 80 percent of hamas with this round, it will invariably just reload. The real issue here is not specifically hamas or any other terrorist organization, it is the fact that israel has millions of angry muslims within its borders and, in having that, there will always be people ready and willing to fill the shoes of the ones that are taken out and there will always be  a place for them to hide (amongst civilians). A clean out, right now, would give israel a reprieve, but it would not come close to solving the problem long term, and this would pop up again in a couple of years once they reconstitute themselves. There is no shortage of foreign money and a pretty astounding amount of military hardware (mainly from islamic regimes in the mideast) that flows into the palestinian areas earmed for use by the palestinians against israel.

Guest shiloh357

Not to quick, kwik. It all depends how far he takes it, we all want him to go all the way and clean house. In the past he has pulled out to early hoping he wont this time.

I really think they are committed to clean out the rat's nest in GAza and getting rid  of Hamas once and for all.  For one thing, Obama is irrelevant, unlike previous presidents.  He carries no weight with Israel.  His call for Israel to show restraint, while never once denouncing the rockets that were being fired into Gaza for weeks on end, pretty much kills his crediblity with Israel. 

Netanyahu is ignoring Obama worthless calls for ceasefire and is doing what a real leader does.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible, insofar as even if they were able to get 70 or 80 percent of hamas with this round, it will invariably just reload. The real issue here is not specifically hamas or any other terrorist organization, it is the fact that israel has millions of angry muslims within its borders and, in having that, there will always be people ready and willing to fill the shoes of the ones that are taken out and there will always be  a place for them to hide (amongst civilians). A clean out, right now, would give israel a reprieve, but it would not come close to solving the problem long term, and this would pop up again in a couple of years once they reconstitute themselves. There is no shortage of foreign money and a pretty astounding amount of military hardware (mainly from islamic regimes in the mideast) that flows into the palestinian areas earmed for use by the palestinians against israel.

I think Israel is more committed than to just getting 70-80%.   The enemy has medium range missiles that can hit Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.  That changes everything.  This war is different and it appears that they are going to go further than they have in the past in destroying Hamas. 

In the past they sought just to weaken Hamas, but now they are going to have destroy the Hamas infrastructure seal off Gaza,destroy all of the weapons tunnels and take it over;  pretty much run the place.  They cannot allow Hamas to exist and rearm with better weapons that can hit major population centers.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

I think Israel is more committed than to just getting 70-80%.   The enemy has medium range missiles that can hit Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.  That changes everything.  This war is different and it appears that they are going to go further than they have in the past in destroying Hamas. 

In the past they sought just to weaken Hamas, but now they are going to have destroy the Hamas infrastructure seal off Gaza,destroy all of the weapons tunnels and take it over;  pretty much run the place.  They cannot allow Hamas to exist and rearm with better weapons that can hit major population centers.

I don't think you can get greater than 70 to 80 percent without invasion and long term occupation. I see no evidence that they are going to do either, at this point.

Guest shiloh357

I don't think you can get greater than 70 to 80 percent without invasion and long term occupation. I see no evidence that they are going to do either, at this point.

Well, yeah.  That's my point I was making.    What they need to do is invade, and completely exterminate Hamas, destroy the infrastructure and essentially retake Gaza and put it under Israeli administrative control.   Whether they do that or not, remains to be seen.

Israel, has, unfortunately, a long history of never really finishing the job.  Her politicians are addicted to US foreign aid and I am sure there are some discussions taking place and Israel is being threatened with loss of US foreign aid (which Israel really doesn't need) if they don't stop.  

The only thing that might change the minds of those in power in Israel is the long range missiles.  As long as it was just rural southern towns under attack, that was one thing.  But now that Hamas can reach Jerusalem, that puts Israel's leaders literally in the cross hairs.   The iron dome missile system is good, but it can malfunction; it can fail at times and one or two missiles that make it into Jerusalem...  That is something that Israel can't let happen, ever. 

Today is a week since this round of killing began, but in fact the people in this country are under attack one way of the other since the beginning in 1948!

It is not new. It is just more sophisticated.

For this reason people in Israel have "got used" to these situations. I know. You never get used to a close friend killed right in front of you but as a general atmosphere this is true.

When I was 5 my parents were guarding me against these enemies.

I grew up and too the place of my parents spending many years doing what my parents did before me.

My children grew up and took over and now my grandchildren.....

I have  a grandson sitting opposite the Hammas in Gaza and we have SMS communication just to keep him connected to normality.\

I find it to be a spiritual war. No less! and in a spiritual war I can lose the battle very easily.

We are stronger than Hammas. But there is something that we can easily be dragged into.

I am talking about anger and hatred.

When they shoot all those rockets at my 14 grandchildren, it is so easy to get angry, frustrated and wish the enemy the worst I can imagine!

During the 2006 war with Hizbollah in Lebanon, God asked me to pray for Nasrallah.....

My initial reaction was "OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!"

A while later I did try and even succeeded (a miracle in itself) to pray for my number 1 enemy.

At that moment I realized what God was telling me.

It had nothing to do with Nasrallah! It was all about that anger and hatred potentially building up in my heart.

Today it is very clear to me that I don't have to hate my enemy in order to beat them at war.

This is why I do not wish my enemies to be crushed. We will do that if we have to but I think God's glory will be so much greater if that terrible enemy will TURN TO HIM!

I know...I know.... impossible, right?

If you really think this is impossible, you are missing out on one of God great facilities.... MIRACLES

Miracles are not beyond God

So my bottom line for now is to pray for my enemies even when I have to fight them!!

... and of course this is impossible without God's help

So, let's do the job WITHOUT hatred and anger.  How about it?

Amen~!

Guest shiloh357

I see nothing wrong with wanting Hamas to be crushed and eliminated from the land.  They have shown to be irretrievably wicked and a never ending threat.  Eventually such an enemy simply needs to be eliminated from the land of the living.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Today is a week since this round of killing began, but in fact the people in this country are under attack one way of the other since the beginning in 1948!

It is not new. It is just more sophisticated.

For this reason people in Israel have "got used" to these situations. I know. You never get used to a close friend killed right in front of you but as a general atmosphere this is true.

When I was 5 my parents were guarding me against these enemies.

I grew up and too the place of my parents spending many years doing what my parents did before me.

My children grew up and took over and now my grandchildren.....

I have  a grandson sitting opposite the Hammas in Gaza and we have SMS communication just to keep him connected to normality.\

I find it to be a spiritual war. No less! and in a spiritual war I can lose the battle very easily.

We are stronger than Hammas. But there is something that we can easily be dragged into.

I am talking about anger and hatred.

When they shoot all those rockets at my 14 grandchildren, it is so easy to get angry, frustrated and wish the enemy the worst I can imagine!

During the 2006 war with Hizbollah in Lebanon, God asked me to pray for Nasrallah.....

My initial reaction was "OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!"

A while later I did try and even succeeded (a miracle in itself) to pray for my number 1 enemy.

At that moment I realized what God was telling me.

It had nothing to do with Nasrallah! It was all about that anger and hatred potentially building up in my heart.

Today it is very clear to me that I don't have to hate my enemy in order to beat them at war.

This is why I do not wish my enemies to be crushed. We will do that if we have to but I think God's glory will be so much greater if that terrible enemy will TURN TO HIM!

I know...I know.... impossible, right?

If you really think this is impossible, you are missing out on one of God great facilities.... MIRACLES

Miracles are not beyond God

So my bottom line for now is to pray for my enemies even when I have to fight them!!

... and of course this is impossible without God's help

So, let's do the job WITHOUT hatred and anger.  How about it?

Amen~!

If you all are speaking to me, I don't hate them and I'm not particularly angry..... yet;   but I do fear what they are doing will some day hurt my family....   and I for one am not going to set around and watch them do it.....    I'll pray for them as you ask right up to the point I don't let them cut my grand kids heads off.......   any way I have to...   and if that's spraying them with pig fat or sewage water or led so be it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

I see nothing wrong with wanting Hamas to be crushed and eliminated from the land.  They have shown to be irretrievably wicked and a never ending threat.  Eventually such an enemy simply needs to be eliminated from the land of the living.

I would rather eliminate the enemy within these people than the people themselves. We cannot deny they are God's creation too, taken over by THE Enemy.

I know it looks impossible but God is capable of miracles if it so suits His plan.