• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1984

Like I said, they seem to preach the same thing as other Christians, you can become like Jesus. And what is Jesus? He is what his Father is,  a God. You just term it differently than those Mormons do. If you want to attack someone who has changed the gospel, you should be starting with 4th century Rome and the heretic doctrines they introduced.

The problem with a lot of Christians is they use different vocabulary than other Christians to describe the same thing. Then they each point their finger at the other and cry "foul!" So maybe Mormons describe becoming a saved being as being like God and you describe it as being a saved being. Either way, it is the same thing. This is what you do not see.

One thing I don't understand about this post question was why is it laid at the feet of Mormons to explain where God or men came from when other christians openly admit they don't know.  I agree with Ozzy in that the vocabulary maybe a bit different but the idea isn't out in left field.  The general thought is that man, and woman, can continue to progress after this life if they live after the manner of rightousness, which is following the gospel of Jesus Christ.  There are many reference in the bible of man becoming joint heirs in the Kingdom of God with Christ, yet no one really speculates on what that is.  It's not far fetched to belive that becoming godlike is what is meant by that inheritance.

There has been also a lot of talk about the Mormons teaching another gospel, but most will admit that they know very little about what thier beliefs are that it might be hard to come to that conclusion without investigation of what they believe.  Just a thought.

Edited by btcaldwell

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Ozzy...

So ,may I ask......are you a Christian?

Like I said, they seem to preach the same thing as other Christians, you can become like Jesus. And what is Jesus? He is what his Father is,  a God

posted by Ozzy

I am sorry to have to correct you but Jesus is not a god ,,,,He is God

John 1 New International Version (NIV)
The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Absolutely Fresno Joe....

God is the only God....

Man can never....

become....

a god....

~

And Beloved, There Is Only One God

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

And We Both Know Him

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

And Worship Him

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

But....

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. Isaiah 14:12-15

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Birthday:  05/29/1984

So if godhood is completely off the table for man, then what is meant by  "heirs of God" and "joint heirs with Christ"  Romans 8:17

And how do you read the following passages:

“To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in His throne.” Revelations 3:21

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." 1 John 3:2-3

Personally, I read lots of scriptures that suggest that there is a lot in store for us if we live faithfully in this life, and I don't know if being in heaven and remaining constant is all that God has in store for us.  I like to think that the life we are in now is somehow a foreshadow of how things will be on the other side.  Here I am able to continue to progress and increase my knowledge, why not on the otherside?

Edited by btcaldwell

Only One

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

The One And The Only

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

PS: Beloved, I Know Jesus

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:39-43

And Dear One,

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

You Ain't Him

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

~

So if godhood is completely off the table for man, then what is meant by  "heirs of God" and "joint heirs with Christ"  Romans 8:17

And how do you read the following passages:

“To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in His throne.” Revelations 3:21

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." 1 John 3:2-3

Personally....

I read lots of scriptures that suggest that there is a lot in store for us if we live faithfully in this life....

and I don't know if being in heaven and remaining constant is all that God has in store for us.... 

I like to think that the life we are in now is somehow a foreshadow of how things will be on the other side....

Here I am able to continue to progress and increase my knowledge, why not on the other side....

:thumbsup:

Knowledge

And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. Ecclesiastes 12:12

And

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

Wisdom

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

And The

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

Truth

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

~

Here

Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. 1 John 3:2-3 (NKJV)

And Now

Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. 1 Corinthians 13:12 (NKJV)

And On The

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:3-4

"Other Side"

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. Revelation 21:1-5

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Birthday:  09/18/1987

ozzy, read Genesis chapter 1 verse 26......"then God said, "Let us make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness...." Who is God speaking with if not JESUS! He made all things through Jesus Christ......The entire old testament is about Jesus! The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.....who is the helper. The term the "trinity" was come up with later on for man to have a term in which to refer to God in His 3 part being, that is the only thing that is not biblical but doesn't need to be its just how we term this.

I grew up going to a Mormon church, I have been to the temple for the "baptism of the dead" in which the youth of the church get together and perform ritual baptisms for those who are already passed on. Mormons beliefs are not backed by any archealogical evidence, They claim that the Native Americans are descendant of the laamanites who overcame the Nephites in the great battle at the hill kumorah which is located in New York state, where the "Mormon Headquarters" for lack of better term is located.......this battle that took place was said to have had casualties in the millions......yet there has not been discovered one skeleton, not a spear or a sword or anything which would suggest a great battle.

All claims made by the Bible are backed up by Archeaological evidence and new things are still being discovered. Mormons claim that there ancestors the nephites came and settled in south America where there were deer and other animals that have never been native to that region.....also that Christ visited the Americas after His resurrection to minister to the Native Americans yet no record of Christianity or a God coming to visit and preaching the Gospel exists anywhere in America pre- pilgrim age.

do yourself a service my friend and research things before you speak on them. I sincerely hope God opens your eyes to the truth until then please do not make attempt to alter others beliefs with lies and ill informed ideas, you may succeed with a less knowledgable Christian and woe to you if you do! Jesus specifically speaks about leading one of these little ones astray, I believe He is not only speaking of children.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We believe that Father God is Spirit, eternally God, without beginning or end.

Mormans believe Father God had a beginning, and has a flesh and blood body that had physical sex with Mary to conceive Jesus.

We believe that when we trust that Christ died for our sin and confess that He is our Lord and King whom we follow and serve, that God adopts us as children and gives us His Holy Spirit as a guarantee. If we are not indwelt by God the Holy Spirit we don't belong to God. Romans 8:9

Mormons don't know the Holy Spirit but usually say He is "something else". Therefore they don't belong to God.

Christians rely on Christ's righteousness imputed to our accounts when He exchanged it for our sin, which He took upon Himself when He died on the cross. Rom 4:20-25 We believe only Christ fulfiled the law perfectly and is worthy of heaven.

Mormons believe that by not drinking alcohol or caffine and by tithing and doing other church requirements the men can become gods. They then call their preferred wife or wives to heaven to be impregnated with spirit children for the rest of eternity, and they will inhabit other planets.

I know men who pimped their children who did not drink caffine or alcohol, so they were still considered candidates for being gods by the mormons.

Mormons claim they believe the same as Christians and claim they are the church of Jesus Christ, but it is a fictional god that they have created for themselves and not the one in the bible. Their beliefs about God the Father, Christ, the Holy Spirit (One God) and salvation are fundamentally different from Christianity. Their religion agrees more with Scottish Rite Masonry than with Christianity. They preach a different gospel and serve a different god.