IGNORED

Have you ever asked Jesus to "not come right now"?

1x1is1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I know that would be selfish to request of the Lord, but I have been guilty of it more than once or twice or...... ?

Of course I am not referring to when we are in the actual act of sinning, none of us want that.  I mean like...please wait until after the super bowl or a BBQ, stuff like that.  Am I alone in this?  Am I bad?  :hmmm:

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I don't bring up God in every topic around others, but if the topic is spirituality, or someone asks something related, I won't hide my beliefs.

Not always, but If I am doing something bad, or experiencing troubles, I will ask God not to suffer with me, and then just the opposite when I am witnessing something awe inspiring: I ask God to witness with me.

I don't ask everyone I pass by in the store if they have a relationship with God, but if the situation feels right, I will talk about God.

I don't think that even Jesus only talked about God and good deeds?

I would say it depends on the situation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Not bad, just confused brother.

If you have Jesus living in you (if you are filled with the Spirit), Jesus is always with you, wherever and whenever. Asking Him to please wait until you have satisfied a desire means that you treat Him as being apart, as hovering on the sidelines, to be called when you need Him. 

We need to understand that Jesus actually has no need of us! We have need of Him 24/7. He is with us because He loves us, and wants to be with us, but He will not force us. So why do we often seem to push Him behind the bleachers, lock the door on Him until the movie is over, sort of thing?

Jesus can be with you at a BBQ, or a Game, just as He was with you the last time you were sick, or a loved one died, or a girlfriend left you.

Not bad, just confused. Have a chat to Jesus about it.

God Bless.

Yes indeed I am aware and thankful that Jesus is always with me.  What I intended to say was when Jesus comes for us, not that He is not always with us.  I should have mentioned...... asking Him to delay the rapture or even our time of death to satisfy a desire. 

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Ooooh. "Please hold off on the rapture until after this years superbowl."

Maybe that is why he hasn't come yet? You guys need to quit praying for that. lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I know that would be selfish to request of the Lord, but I have been guilty of it more than once or twice or...... ?

Of course I am not referring to when we are in the actual act of sinning, none of us want that.  I mean like...please wait until after the super bowl or a BBQ, stuff like that.  Am I alone in this?  Am I bad?  :hmmm:

My brother in law is not saved......   I have asked the Father not to send Jesus until he gets saved or dies.....   I love my brother in law and don't want him to go to hell.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Actually, no.  However, I have told Him he could TAKE me right now LOL!  bigsmile_20.png

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/27/1994

Haha its funny the way you say it.

I did ask Him that awhile ago because I wanted to be able to experience having a bAby and of course my family to be saved, etc.

Now, i ask Him to come again everyday. I just can't wait for Him to come and i know it's a little selfish because there are still a lot of other people that haven't been saved but I just can't stand this world except when I am around my husband, or with my brothers and sisters in Christ of course bc that's when you can feel His presence even stronger :-)

Amen, Come Lord Jesus, Come! (Revelation 22:20)

Haha its funny the way you say it.

I did ask Him that awhile ago because I wanted to be able to experience having a bAby and of course my family to be saved, etc.

Now, i ask Him to come again everyday. I just can't wait for Him to come and i know it's a little selfish because there are still a lot of other people that haven't been saved but I just can't stand this world except when I am around my husband, or with my brothers and sisters in Christ of course bc that's when you can feel His presence even stronger :-)

Amen, Come Lord Jesus, Come! (Revelation 22:20)

Welcome ThereIsFreedom........ I don't think that your request was a selfish one at all. You just wanted more time to bring more souls to Christ. I have done the same thing myself.

Guest shiloh357

God always works in the fulness of time.  There is a set day for Jesus to return.  Nothing will hinder or quicken His coming.   Those who choose continued separation from God had all the time they needed to come to Him.