IGNORED

Adam and Eve in the Garden.

CurtisCWilson

Since GOD will return us and the universe to the way it was before the fall, I believe that Adam and Eve were immortal as we will be immortal without having to eat of the Tree of Life. JMO.

When this earth is made new, we the Church will have supernatural spiritual bodies unlike what Adam and Eve had. The last chapter in the book of Revelations says we will eat from the tree of life.

Rev 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 

Will Christ die?

1 John 3:2… “Yes, dear friends, we are already God’s children, and we can’t even imagine what we will be like when Christ returns. But we do know that when he comes we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is” (NLT).

Philippians 3:20-21… “But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. He will take these weak mortal bodies of ours and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same mighty power that he will use to conquer everything, everywhere” (NLT).

What is His body of glory like? John gives us a description in Revelation 1:13-18. Christ’s glory, as revealed to John, is that of the Son of Man. We shall be like Him… Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 15:38-49 that we will have a glorified body. It will be glorious… spiritual… powerful… incorruptible… like Christ.

Like Him in the glory of His eternal body… Revelation 1:18… “I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death” (KJV). Jesus could not die again… Christ lives in the power of an endless life (Hebrews 7:16). We also will live in a glorified body that will never die… that will never fall… that will never get sick… that will never get tired… We too, will have the keys of life…

Like Him in effectiveness… Revelation 1:16… “and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword” (KJV). The two-edged sword is identified with the power of His word (Hebrews 4:12). In the power of His word, we see qualities that break down all opposition in the carrying out of God’s will. The Bible teaches that there is great power in our speech. Proverbs 18:4… “The words of a man’s mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.” Often in this life, our words bring problems instead of answers… The devil just laughs at our efforts… There is a day coming… We shall be like Him…

Like Him in countenance… Revelation 1:16… “and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength” (KJV). It is said of Jesus that His covering is that of light… or luminosity…  The same covering Adam lost when sin entered… is restored to believers. Human language cannot describe what our bodies will be like when we see Jesus… All we know now is that we will be changed. Our glorified body will have a luminous quality that will be dazzling in appearance and wonderful in glory…

I think not!

In Rev. 2:7, eating from the tree of life is a euphemism for having eternal life.  It comes from Genesis 3:22-23 where we learn that the reason Adam and Eve had to be kicked out of the Garden after they sinned was to prevent them from eating of the tree of life, which would have given them eternal life as sinners. This is something God could not allow. In the same way, those who rely even partially on their own works to earn or keep their salvation are saying they don’t believe Jesus did the whole job of saving them at the cross.  Believing they have to “make up the difference” with their own effort means they think they’re saving themselves.  Those in Ephesus who overcame the temptation of falling into a works based life and relied solely on the Lord for their salvation would be given eternal life.  This implies that those who don’t rely fully upon His completed work are not saved.

Also, the purpose of the tree of life in the Millennium is for healing the people on Earth (Rev. 22:2).  In the New Jerusalem, home of the Church, there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain (Rev. 21:4).  In other words, no need for healing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,183
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

That was after the fall. How long would they have lived if they never disobeyed God, but never eat from the tree of life?

If the knowledge of sin is what  brought on death, I would say that they could have lived extremely long lives for there would not be any reason for them to die......    The human body was created to replicate it's individual cells, and if there was not long term damage to our DNA, there would be no real reason for us to age and die.

I would ask you a question that I have asked here many times.....    Paul tells us that we are to judge the angels.....   so when did God decide for us to do that......    for he created us not to know about good and evil (right and wrong)   when you think about it we were not qualified to judge anything.

So when did he decide for us to do that......     if you agree with me and think it is from the very beginning, then one would have to assume that He would have expected Eve to fail.  Seems to me that was what he wanted from the beginning.

Did Adam and Eve sin before they ate of the fruit?   that's my other question.......   did they sin and not know of it???

Who told them they were naked......    No one, they just knew it.....      Eating of the fruit brought the knowledge of sin into the world......    and if running around naked isn't sinful, why did God himself make them clothes.

So I would simply say all that just to say that it was never in the works for Adam and Eve not to eat of that fruit....    And the poetic justice of it all to me is that Satan himself actually made it possible for us to be judges...   and I find that remarkable..        and just one more example of how totally wise our maker is.

The error is to find in ones mind a benefit in sin... Where God has eternity without it!

Sin is perversion of life and it has no benefit but eternal fire...Love, Steven

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The error is to find in ones mind a benefit in sin... Where God has eternity without it!

Sin is perversion of life and it has no benefit but eternal fire...Love, Steven

and I still ask my question.....    when did God decide for us to judge the angels?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I believe Adam sinned first by not protecting the Garden, which led to their fall.

This is not remotely scriptural. This is part of the environmental false gospel that is infiltrating the church currently. The bible clearly states that the sin was disobedience to God by eating what He told them not to eat. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

I believe Adam sinned first by not protecting the Garden, which led to their fall.

This is not remotely scriptural. This is part of the environmental false gospel that is infiltrating the church currently. The bible clearly states that the sin was disobedience to God by eating what He told them not to eat. 

Did Adam sin when he ate from the tree God commanded them not to? yes. Was that his first disobedience? If the Lord God told Adam to protect the Garden, and Adam did not, would that be considered a transgression? Show me the scripture that tells us exactly what sin Adam did to cause his downfall..

Guest shiloh357

Did Adam sin when he ate from the tree God commanded them not to? yes. Was that his first disobedience? If the Lord God told Adam to protect the Garden, and Adam did not, would that be considered a transgression? Show me the scripture that tells us exactly what sin Adam did to cause his downfall..

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate.

(Gen 3:6)

Cross Reference that with Rom. 5:12-21

Gen 3:17  And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: 

There are two things the Lord God accuses Adam with. (1) Adam listened to the voice of Eve. (2) he ate from the forbidden tree.
Before the Lord told Adam not to eat from the forbidden tree, he told him to "keep", which means "to protect" it also also means "to be a watchmen" to the Garden.

Gen 2:15  And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. 

The only words recorded in the Bible about what Eve said, it was when she was talking to the serpent.
Being the protector or watchman of the Garden which God commanded Adam to do, Adam failed by not warning Eve about the serpents danger.
Adam committed "high treason" Which also God himself tells us in Hosea.....

Hos 6:7  But like Adam they transgressed the covenant; there they dealt faithlessly with me. (ESV)

Hos 6:7  But they like men have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me. (KJV)

Treason is not warning your country or people when you see coming danger.

Ezekiel33:6  ‘But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman’s hand.’

Ezekiel 33:7  “Now as for you, son of man, I have appointed you a watchman for the house of Israel; so you will hear a message from My mouth and give them warning from Me.

No wonder Adam is charged with man's downfall. Adam being the first watchmen failed to warn of coming danger.

Adam not only committed sin by his actions in eating from what God commanded him not to, but before of his sinful actions he sinned by his inactions by not doing what he knew he should have in keeping the garden causing his downfall.

Jas 4:17  Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. 
Edited by CurtisCWilson

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Point is Curtis, God pointed to the eating of the forbidden fruit. You are pointing to not keeping the garden as the first sin. Why is it that God never mentioned this? Instead, He points to turning away from Him and obey His creation over Him. Adam accepted what Eve wanted him to do over what God told him not to do. That is the sin He points at.

It is best to take scripture as it is written and not try to seek any special understanding, secret message or look for a spiritual/extra-biblical message from what is clear and plain.

Onelight, I am not giving my opinion here. I am clearly using what has already been written in scripture. Simply pointing out what is there for all to see.

Did God place Adam in the Garden to "Keep" it.? Yes/No    Yes!!!

Gen 2:15  And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

The word "keep" which means to....

šāmar: A verb meaning to watch, to keep, to preserve, to guard, to be careful, to watch over, to watch carefully over, to be on one's guard.

Did Adam fail in "keeping" the Garden.? Yes/No    Yes, Adam allowed Satan into the Garden. We are told in the New Testament,  "Do not give place to the Devil"

What do you call disobediance?  Sin!!!  What is it called when someone does not do what God calls them to do? Sin!!!

What did Adam do when God told him to guard the Garden? Nothing!!!

Jas 4:17  Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. 

This is what is written in scripture, not my opinion!!!

Edited by CurtisCWilson