IGNORED

Gap in the last 70th week of the 70 weeks from the first 69?

FreeinChrist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

I was just doing some reading on Dan 9:24-27 the other day. Here's how I'm interpreting it: (bold parenthesis is my interpretation)

Dan 9:24-27

24)Seventy weeks are determined upon they people and upon they holy city, to finish the transgression (earth's sabbaths), and to make an end of sins (christ's shed blood), and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy ("it is finished" John 19:30), and to anoint the most Holy.

25) Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the comandment to restore and to build Jerusalem (King Cyrus' decree 2 Chro 36:23) unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times (Nehemiah 4:7, 8).

26) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself (Christ was crucified in the midst of a week, and some believe that Christ's ministry lasted 3.5 years): and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary (the Romans in 70 AD); and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27) And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (confirm here means to strengthen or give strength to; covenant being the new covenant in his blood; passion week, also the missing week): and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate (christ's death left no reason to sacrifice animals to cover over sins, which really they cannot. Animal sacrifices were a shadow of things to come), even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.  

The Dan.9:27 "one week" (70th) has nothing to do with the time of Christ's 1st coming and crucifixion.

Because the Book of Daniel reveals the false one will end the daily sacrifice and place the abomination that makes desolate, a standing temple and sacrifices in Jerusalem manifesting again is required before the middle of the "one week" can even be reached!

Apostle Paul referred to that standing temple in 2 Thess.2:4. Daniel 8, 9, 11, and 12 refer to the ending of the daily sacrifice and placing of the AOD instead. While upon the Mount of Olives overlooking the 2nd temple complex, Jesus warned of that "abomination of desolation" event from Daniel, and the Romans never fulfilled it.

Orthodox Jews in today's Jerusalem have already been holding Passover animal sacrifices on a hill overlooking the temple mount (see Land of Israel and Temple Mount Faithful). They already have the cornerstone for the new temple cut too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Do I want to know when it's over........   I did at one time, but I'm not to sure any more.

It will be over VERY SOON after the sound of a very loud trumpet blast! It will be Paul's "last trump."

John shows us that there will be a short period of time after the pretrib rapture: time to mark the 144,000. Once that is accomplished, the 7th seal will MARK in heaven the offical start of the 70th week of Daniel.

LAMAD

I think this post is pretty awesome, if my discernment is correct. {{thump's up}}

I was just doing some reading on Dan 9:24-27 the other day. Here's how I'm interpreting it: (bold parenthesis is my interpretation)

Dan 9:24-27

24)Seventy weeks are determined upon they people and upon they holy city, to finish the transgression (earth's sabbaths), and to make an end of sins (christ's shed blood), and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy ("it is finished" John 19:30), and to anoint the most Holy.

Transgression equal's "Earth's Sabbaths", clarify please.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I don't believe in the tribulation theory. The tribulation is past. It happened from the destruction of Jerusalem and into the dark ages where more than 500 million people were destroyed by the popes of Rome. Daniel 7:25

The 7th week continues from the 69th week normally. The 69 th week when Messiah would come was 27 AD. In the midst of it He was cutt off, on the cross for us, not for Himself. The remaining week ended at 34 AD with the stoning of Stephen. This marked the probation time of Jews as being closed.

No where in scripture or history says that Jerusalem was destroyed after the invasion of the Babelonian's in which they partially destroyed the walls, Titus certainly didn't destroy the city in 70AD, just the Temple as retribution of the Jewish rebellion.

There are many reasons to believe what I said. FIrst the abomination of desolation is Rome. it advanced in 66 Ad but then withdrew. Christians FLED from Jerusalem remembering CHrist's words.

sorry for multiple posts. But if what I said is not correct, how is it prophecy fulfilled chronollgically as Jesus laid it out?

1. The destruction of the temple.

2. the tribulation (it extended from the first century to the dark ages), where the popes of ROme destroyed 500 million people. It is unreasonably to me to say that Christ does not mention this time period.

3. Sign In the sun the moon and the starts occurred. The first 2 in May 19, 1780, and the last in November 13, 1833. THis is confirmation that the tribulation was past. ELse, the prophecies would not fulfill chronologically. by trial and error one can see what is true and what is false.

Sapphirestones, your anti-Catholicism will not go far on this board. The abomination of desolation is in the future where the Ant-Christ stands in the Temple's Holy Place, the Pope is not it.

where the popes of ROme destroyed 500 million people. It is unreasonably to me to say that Christ does not mention this.

Could you give citation (source) for your information, I'd just like to read it.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

I agree wholeheartedly Mevosper; but I know people who love the Lord with all their heart, that see a big gap, between the 69th week and the 70th week. 

Hi 19Duggarfan

The missing week is right at the beginning and not at the end.

Read these scriptures carefully;

Daniel 9:20   And while I was speaking and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;

Daniel 9:21   Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly switfly, touched me about about the time of the evening oblation.

Daniel 9:22   And he informed me; and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding

Daniel 9:23   At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to show thee, for thou art gratly beloved; therefore understand the matter ad consider the vision.

At the beginning of Daniel's supplications, ......right at that time when Daniel was making his requests to God, praying, in the evening.... the commandment came forth - right then.

This is the missing week everyone overlooks.

70 weeks are determined right from the time the angel appeared to Daniel.  This is where it starts.  Verse 23 clarifies this.

The going forth of the commandment was a week later when Cyrus gave the order to rebuild the temple.  This would be week 2. (although 400 or so years had passed, I don't know the exact number of years)

Daniel 9:25   Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem, unto the Messiah the Prince, shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks (69 weeks)

This would be the order by Cyrus to go ahead. (start of the 69 weeks left)

The 70th week was when Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD.  Israel cut off from God.  Since then abominations have spread, and will continue until the coming.

The missing week was when the angel spoke to Daniel till Cyrus ordered the decree.