• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

That wasn't perverted. To say that it was ok for king David to own and use weapons-but not us, is a double standard. You may not realize it-and may not believe it, but it is. The God of the old Testament is the same God of the New Testament-and if we were to throw away the old testament He would have told us. He didn't-the Old testament and the new testament cannot have contradictory teachings-otherwise, the Bible would not be infallible.

Exo 22

2 If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.

this clearly says protect your home and family and God will not require your blood for his.

hey guys, thanks.... but let's ease up on him a bit. i don't know if ya'll have finished reading the exchanges between firestorm and me yet, but his past has given him a pretty solid reason for thinking as he does... but he's also said he's willing to prayerfully consider the points made for self defense. it's time, i think, to leave this between him and the Holy Spirit to sort through.

I've been following your exchanges here pretty good. I even respect where he's coming from. However I do not agree with them. And if he doesn't want people voicing their disagreement then he needs to leave the conversation like he said he was. If he says he's don't but keeps throwing out remarks like the last one I replied to then he should not get angry when people continue to converse with him. I'm not trying to be mean but that's how it is.

Show me where I said people can't voice their disagreement with me? Give me the post number. If you can't then you owe me an apology for claiming I said something I didn't. Which by the way means you Lied, and lying is not a Godly act.

2nd, I said I had left the conversation, not that I was going to. If you are going to quote what I said, then please do it accurately.

Lastly if you don't understand the difference between acting in the flesh and obeying God, then I can't help you. Responses like this makes me shut down, because their is nothing Christ like about it. The fact you won't even consider that you might be wrong, tells me everything. I guess your doctrine is perfect. Well mine is not, I'm still seeking. You know, I have been attacked and attacked without mercy or thought just because I don't agree with popular opinion. There's someone else who attacks to destroy without thought or mercy....Satan himself, and only him because Christ don't act like this. How is anything in your post fulfill the verse below? Maybe I should just ask the leadership here to post a warning to all newcomers that they better agree with popular opinion or they will be misrepresented and attacked without mercy or thought. At least then people would know to expect this kind of behavior from the people here.

John 13:34-35 34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

First it doesn't matter. If you say your going to or had, either way your still in the conversation. Second I can tell by your very reply that your angry because we don't hold your view. Your very comment here shows that and while i don't know if you intended it it reeks of arrogance. The "I'm right and your wrong and living in sin" attitude. It doesn't lead to a healthy discussion. I can say the same about you and it will just turn into a giant fight.

So instead of us getting all worked up, how about we start over. If you want to have a calm respectful discussion or debate about whether the ownership of firearms and their use then let us do so. But if all you want to do is stand on your soapbox and scream angrily-then perhaps its time to agree to disagree and you step out of the debate like you already said you did.

And for the record I have never attacked you I've just disagreed with you and listed why. If you want to convince me I'm wrong-your going to have to learn the difference between an attack and a disagreement. In fact in my last post I even said and I quote I respect where your coming from.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Keep posting firestormx. I appreciate hearing what God has laid on your heart.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I am just asking here, at this point, how does it help to state God has laid something on someone's heart to the exclusion of everyone else?  

That does not add to the discussion and it really is a loaded statement

What is the last word here?  someone's interpretation because of strong personal conviction (which is fine for their personal last word) or an objective

look at scripture?

Steaming off in a huff shows immaturity IMO and a limited capacity to see anothers POV...sure we have all steamed off at one point but there is a time to stop

First it doesn't matter. If you say your going to or had, either way your still in the conversation. Second I can tell by your very reply that your angry because we don't hold your view. Your very comment here shows that and while i don't know if you intended it it reeks of arrogance. The "I'm right and your wrong and living in sin" attitude. It doesn't lead to a healthy discussion. I can say the same about you and it will just turn into a giant fight.

So instead of us getting all worked up, how about we start over. If you want to have a calm respectful discussion or debate about whether the ownership of firearms and their use then let us do so. But if all you want to do is stand on your soapbox and scream angrily-then perhaps its time to agree to disagree and you step out of the debate like you already said you did.

And for the record I have never attacked you I've just disagreed with you and listed why. If you want to convince me I'm wrong-your going to have to learn the difference between an attack and a disagreement. In fact in my last post I even said and I quote I respect where your coming from.

You want to start over, I have no problem with that. I will start with reaping and sowing.

What does reaping and sowing have to do with guns? Let me explain. If you take a seed, lets say an apple seed and plant it in the ground when it is time reap what you have sown you will have apples. The same goes for any and all seeds. Whatever the seed is, that is what will be there to harvest at reaping time. It doesn't matter WHY you plant the seed, just that you plant a seed. Every action and word is a seed. 

The above is a biblical principle. The bible talks about it directly or indirectly a lot. So what does this have to do with guns? Simple, violence is a seed like so many other things. One of my favorite verses talks about this same principle with violence in mind.

Revelation 13:10

He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Violence is a seed, like all seeds it doesn't matter why it is planted, it doesn't matter what the motive is behind it being planted, no all that matters is if it is planted or not. because once the seed of violence is planted, you will reap a harvest of violence.

Keep posting firestormx. I appreciate hearing what God has laid on your heart.

Thanks for the encouragement.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Several people saying one does not objectively understand scripture as well as they do is showing maturity? I believe God has separate calling for each person.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Actually we all have the same calling...follow Christ and walk in the light...

You are putting words in my mouth...I never said said people do not understand scripture

I said they are allowed to have strong personal beliefs...telling others they should have the same belief is subjective

Twisting what another person posts may indicate a desire to avoid the questions or comment on what the poster actually said

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,232
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

You want to start over, I have no problem with that. I will start with reaping and sowing.

What does reaping and sowing have to do with guns? Let me explain. If you take a seed, lets say an apple seed and plant it in the ground when it is time reap what you have sown you will have apples. The same goes for any and all seeds. Whatever the seed is, that is what will be there to harvest at reaping time. It doesn't matter WHY you plant the seed, just that you plant a seed. Every action and word is a seed. 

The above is a biblical principle. The bible talks about it directly or indirectly a lot. So what does this have to do with guns? Simple, violence is a seed like so many other things. One of my favorite verses talks about this same principle with violence in mind.

Revelation 13:10

He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Violence is a seed, like all seeds it doesn't matter why it is planted, it doesn't matter what the motive is behind it being planted, no all that matters is if it is planted or not. because once the seed of violence is planted, you will reap a harvest of violence.

It might surprise you that I agree whole heartedly with your last statement.....   Violence is a seed and it truly doesn't matter why it is planted.....  but I would also add that guns are not evil......   they are only a tool for a person who is not a fighter to deal with violence and violent people.

As for your first statement here, I think I would agree with it also......    If a person comes at me with a sword, I will defend myself and strike him with my sword.....   if he wants to live by his sword I think I have the right and duty to protect myself and family.   If he comes at me with a baseball bat, I would have the right and duty to protect myself in whatever way I have..

Now taking this in context, the situation here is that even if I have weapons, the dark powers are so strong that I have no chance to overpower them even with my sword, so if I should decide to use my sword, I will only die by the sword.......   the alternative will be to go into captivity or maybe just die anyway....     but then again, does it say that it's bad to die by the sword even in the context of the scripture...   I've pondered on that for some number of years.

I think maybe our disagreement is that you consider guns evil and I consider them just a tool...   if the person who is holding the tool is evil, then the tool will do evil things......    if the person who is holding the tool isn't evil, then the tool will not be doing evil things.....   and that is the case whether it's a gun, a knife, a hammer, a rock or in some cases just a bare hand.

I have a question so as to better understand where you're coming from.....   if a person walks up and draws back and takes a swing at you, are you going to simply stand there and let him beat you up?

firestorm, if you'd like to continue the discussion you and i were having in private, i'm good with that. i think it was far more productive than what has taken place in this thread after. in fact, it seems like it's going backwards now. i'm disappointed in those who were more interested in where you were two pages ago than in where you were by the time we finished talking last night.