ayin jade

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Im interested in your thoughts from a biblical perspective and not a secular perspective. The us constitution permits americans the right to bear arms, but biblically what do you think of this pastor's message?

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/north-phoenix/local-pastor-john-correia-teaches-about-gun-rights-and-safety-

My father owns several high quality guns.  He makes his own custom rifles and bullets as well.  They are pretty cool.

In my opinion guns are not evil.  Do I want someone to die?  Of course not!  But if I can stop a great evil happening to my family, I will do what I have to to protect them.  Otherwise wouldn't I be in the wrong for doing nothing?  God will judge all things and without partiality.  He will sort out any situations.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Im interested in your thoughts from a biblical perspective and not a secular perspective. The us constitution permits americans the right to bear arms, but biblically what do you think of this pastor's message?

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/north-phoenix/local-pastor-john-correia-teaches-about-gun-rights-and-safety-

See Luke 22:35-38.

God's people have the right to bears arms to defend their selves, not just per the U.S. Constitution, but from God directly.

This is why the framers of the U.S. Constitution 2nd Amendment wrote that as a right of the people that "shall not be infringed."

If someone doesn't want to own a weapon and learn how to use it, that is their right and choice also. It does not give those the right to deny God's inalienable right to bear arms for His people that do.

At the battles of Lexington and Concord that began the American Revolution against Britain, the American settlers were very, very accurate with their rifles against the British hired mercenaries who were marching to seize American armories. That is always one of the first movements of tyranny by those who plan to conquer a people, i.e., disarm them first if they can.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Nobody "has" to carry a gun around everywhere they go. It isn't about "having" to do anything. In America, we have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Our forefathers died to guarantee us this right. I wish more Americans could be at peace with that.

Many people feel the need to not leave the house without a gun... How can one live in peace when the subconscious knows that guns can promote violence...
Interestingly, if you look over history, in this country as people start to carry guns violent crime goes down.   They are finally starting to experience that in Chicago as has happened in many places across the US.

Our grandson cited this in his pro-gun arguements in highschool--speech I believe. They also have been trained in gun safety and marksmanship since grade school. Our son served in high level security for many years and after terrorist threats was trained in automatic weapons. Now grandson wants to go into law envorcement. Now days gun control is accomplished by ammunition control. They cant afford target practice.

We are proud of our pastor for bagging his first elk last year, even though he announced from the alter that he would not share. (He has always opened his home to the homeless but won't give hand outs) I argue that shooting a person is not the only reason to carry a weapon. In some places in this country you carry a gun every time you go the out house in fear of startling a bear or moose. David defended himself and his flocks with a sling. I have to say that since it throws a projectile, it is closer to a gun than a sword. Probably the only time I could shoot someone is should someone assault one of my grand kids. Defending familly brings out the mama bear (or moose) in me. We have both of these critters in our area as well as mountain lion, by the way.

You might find this paper interesting

http://slinging.org/forum/yabbfiles/Attachments/history_of_the_Sling.pdf

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

I'm a soldier for Christ.

My weapons are prayer and the Word of God.

No need for weapons when I have Jesus on my side.

I know for a fact that no one can touch me or my loved ones unless Jesus says it's okay, because he has control of our lives.

And if he says okay, then who am I to argue with him?

Trusting in God is just that, trusting in God.

I know for a fact that no one can touch me or my loved ones unless Jesus says it's okay, because he has control of our lives.

Looking at history the whole world would be under Sharia Law if all of us took that attitude.

that could be misconstrued to imply that those who believe in self defense are not soldiers for Christ and do not trust in God.

but i know that's not how you meant it.

Looking at history the whole world would be under Sharia Law if all of us took that attitude.

If all of us put Jesus in control of our lives, then he would be just that, in control of our lives.

so, would you say that God wasn't in control of the lives of the jews rebuilding the walls of jerusalem, who armed themselves while working, to protect their lives, their family, and their work?

would you say God wasn't in control of david's life when he killed goliath with a weapon?

would you say God wasn't in control of the lives of every biblical patriarch that went into battle, armed with weapons, killing the enemy?

perhaps Jesus is in control of the lives of those who use weapons today to defend themselves, their family, and even their country. wouldn't you agree, tiger, that that is entirely possible?

If all of us put Jesus in control of our lives, then he would be just that, in control of our lives.

He is in control of my life.......  guns and all....    It's fine to have a pacifist attitude, but it's not fine to put your attitude on others.  When Jesus sent out the disciples  the first time he told them not to take any money or extra anything.....   and to go unarmed......    the second time he sent them out he told them to take extra money and things but told them to arm themselves......    I'll look up the scripture if you are not that familiar with it.  If he was going to be their only protection I would think he would not tell them to be armed.

What you are saying makes a good faith talks, but it's really not scriptural.....            I'm not talking about taking on your own government, just protecting your family and friends from outside forces that have told us and demonstrated their willingness to harm us....    I don't see how you could stand by and watch someone cut off your spouse's or kids or grand kids heads.......

Maybe Jesus will ask me to protect you.....

He is in control of my life.......  guns and all....    It's fine to have a pacifist attitude, but it's not fine to put your attitude on others.  When Jesus sent out the disciples  the first time he told them not to take any money or extra anything.....   and to go unarmed......    the second time he sent them out he told them to take extra money and things but told them to arm themselves......    I'll look up the scripture if you are not that familiar with it.  If he was going to be their only protection I would think he would not tell them to be armed.

What you are saying makes a good faith talks, but it's really not scriptural.....            I'm not talking about taking on your own government, just protecting your family and friends from outside forces that have told us and demonstrated their willingness to harm us....    I don't see how you could stand by and watch someone cut off your spouse's or kids or grand kids heads.......

Maybe Jesus will ask me to protect you.....

I am not judging any of you for what you believe.

I felt that after 168 posts, it was appropriate to express a strong opposition to guns as I believe.

As the Apostle Paul quotes in 2 Corinthians 10:3-4;

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

Evil people who will hurt others are within these strongholds.

God puts governments in place to combat these evils.

But since I am an ambassador for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20), I do not get involved in worldly affairs.

Putting one's trust in Jesus for all things is not easy.

I have spent close to 30 years trying to put it all together.

I'm not there yet.

Yes, I can be "struck by fear" just like anyone else.

But when I gather my composure, it all goes away.

I know my God has things under control.

For me, I know God has forgiven me of my past sins, and I now want to live a life of peace as best I can.

For me to own a gun would only bring back bad memories.

God has shown me a better way.