ayin jade

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Trust in God not in man made weapons for protection of your loved ones friends... Love in Christ...

i don't live in fear. we don't own a gun.... because i'm afraid i'd be afraid to use it if i needed it and end up putting myself in more danger. that actually happened to me once when i was younger. i had a gun on my headboard... and i was being assaulted. and i chose not to reach for the gun because i was afraid it would anger my assailant. i was just never taught how to properly use a gun. not for lack of trying... my dad tried to teach me, my husband has tried to teach me, and in the end, i'm just personally afraid to use a gun.

but i'm all in favor of someone ELSE using one to defend me or my loved ones! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Nobody "has" to carry a gun around everywhere they go. It isn't about "having" to do anything. In America, we have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Our forefathers died to guarantee us this right. I wish more Americans could be at peace with that.

Many people feel the need to not leave the house without a gun... How can one live in peace when the subconscious knows that guns can promote violence...

guns dont promote violence. violence has long since predated firearms, and people are just as likely to be violent today with a gun as without. Cain used a rock. Violence comes from the heart-not a piece of metal in ones hand. A violent person is going to be violent-with or without a gun. and a violent person who really has his heart set on evil, is going to get his hands on a gun or other weapon regardless of man made laws, and it will kill you regardless of your views of violence. 

maybe, we shouldn't wear seatbelts either, I mean after all Gods protecting us. Never mind the fact that some drunk could crash into us and send us sailing 100 feet in the air and impale us on a spike, wearing a seatbelt must mean were living in fear, right? no. its common sense. Im not more apt to go out and shoot someone because I carry a gun-that gun, is nothing more then a seatbelt. If I never need it, which I hope I never will-its added weight. If I do need it, then I pray that the Lord gives me the strength to use it.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Nobody "has" to carry a gun around everywhere they go. It isn't about "having" to do anything. In America, we have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Our forefathers died to guarantee us this right. I wish more Americans could be at peace with that.

Many people feel the need to not leave the house without a gun... How can one live in peace when the subconscious knows that guns can promote violence...

I dont have problems with peace and I see folks with guns often.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Trust in God not in man made weapons for protection of your loved ones friends... Love in Christ...

Or trust in God to shoot strait.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Interestingly, if you look over history, in this country as people start to carry guns violent crime goes down.   They are finally starting to experience that in Chicago as has happened in many places across the US.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I say they will come in handy when the muslems try to take over our homeland.

Amen, and as the NRA says "Out of my cold dead hand"  I have no problem with having a gun in my home if it's legal and registered. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Days Won:  9

The testimony of Paul would be much different:I dropped 6 of them before they got off the first rock and3 more before they knocked me unconscious with the tenth...Acts 14:19-20

Will the board police take this suspicious character in for questioning. lol

i don't live in fear. we don't own a gun.... because i'm afraid i'd be afraid to use it if i needed it and end up putting myself in more danger. that actually happened to me once when i was younger. i had a gun on my headboard... and i was being assaulted. and i chose not to reach for the gun because i was afraid it would anger my assailant. i was just never taught how to properly use a gun. not for lack of trying... my dad tried to teach me, my husband has tried to teach me, and in the end, i'm just personally afraid to use a gun.

but i'm all in favor of someone ELSE using one to defend me or my loved ones!

"You're afraid you'll be afraid", that's way too much fear. That's way you should practice at a shooting range or safe and legal place in the country, use it now before you need it.

I will not hesitate if someone would do me harm, 'nough said. I said that but I gave all my guns away.

I suppose it's a matter of faith, do we trust in our gun to protect us or in God to protect us? Unless the Holy Spirit guides us into buying a gun for protection, then it's a different story. It is a fun hobby tough, such as target shooting or hunting to provide food in order to survive if we are too poor to buy meat...

see to me, that's the exact same thing as someone saying "do we put our trust in doctors, or do we put our trust in God?" God gives us doctors to heal. God gives us weapons for protection. i don't see this (the gun issue) as a matter of faith at all. i see it as a matter of personal preference. but since God clearly gives instructions for the ownership and use of weapons in scripture, saying that having or using one is lacking faith in God is really naive. and i don't say that in an attempt to belittle or offend, it's just how i see it.

Excellent point about the doctors C. ;-)