• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Still having problems with smoking. So I'm trying the electronic cigg. I don't know if it will work.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It must not be easy for you. I will pray for you, tigger398.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

It's been almost 11 years since I last smoked. I remember how hard quitting was. It was awful. I'm praying for you, sis!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I have encouraging news, and bad news on the elec cig. First try the cheap ones. If you haven't already damaged your lungs too much, it should work. It relieves the nicotine craving, it comes in various strengths, and it gives you something to play with in your fingers. Smokers know that's a separate battle. If you don't have a bad reaction to the steam, you should invest in the expensive  one and never buy real cigs again. I knew quite a few people who succeeded with it.

But if your lungs are already severely damaged, you'll get a shortness of breath attack that will go away in a few hours. It's strange because my lungs can handle smoke, but not the steam. I'm not the only person who had this reaction. You can even get soft tips, and thick ones like cigars, which is my problem.

And it's not smoke. It doesn't smell. And once you exhale it dissipates in 5 seconds. Just don't blow it at anyone. But it works, if your lungs are still ok. If you can sit in a steam room, you can probably use these. They were invented too late for me.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I wondered for years, after Rush mentioned that he uses them, just what they were. I believe it does away with everything except Nicotine, no tar, or serious cancerigenic (spl?) (cancer causing factors, plus no second hand smoke. I quite, not long, after I got saved, some 40 years ago. A struck match and a newly lit cigarette smells good to this date, but the differents is, I don't need it. PTL

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

It's not an easy thing to break the addiction to the nicotine in tobacco.  So i commend you for wanting to quit and I would just like to say to you to don't give up even if you fail keep on trying.

Ask the Lord to help you as you seek deliverance from the habit.   I started smoking when I was nine years old and was addicted until I was 22.  I got saved and was being convicted by the Holy Spirit about it and I tried to quit on my own.  I would start out and would make it for about a week and fall back into it.  Then I would try again and make it a whole week and then fall back into it again.  I tried to stop again and made it a little over a week and a half and fell back into it again.  The addiction is so strong and driving.  But then I got to the place where I just admitted to God that I couldn't do it on my own and after that one week went by and no cigarettes, then two weeks went by no cigarettes.  Then a third week went by and no cigarettes and I was pretty confident at that point that God had help me.  But I knew I was delivered once and for all after the fourth week went by and I haven't smoked since.  So don't give up and know that the Lord is strong in our weaknesses.  Keep us updated as you are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Oh as for your question about e-cig's I have heard good and bad things about them so I can't offer any knowledge about them they were not available back at the time I was trying to quit.  I would however recommend using cigarette filters you can buy then and they are not that expensive.  That will at least take around I think but not sure about  90% of the nicotine out of each cigarette which is a lot .  That would at least help or slow down the damage that could be done to your lungs.  I had a cousin who died from lung cancer due to smoking and I wouldn't want that for anyone so that is why I mention using filters it should help with cutting the cravings out.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I quit about 30 years ago.......    as I remember, my wife had more trouble when "I" quit than I did.....   grumpy old dude I was...     the nickatine  only effected me for less than a week, but the phychological issues were really bad......   To this day 30 some odd years later when I pick up the phone to answer it I reach to my shirt pocket for a smoke....

that was my probllem.......   I took the large white plastic straws and cut them up the length of cigaretts and kept them in my pockets for something to do with my hands and lips.

Why I quit was something else......   Standing out under the carport smoking in a snow storm because the kids had allergies, Gog gave me a serious vision shortly after telling me that what I was doing was rather foolish.....   He simply gave me a vision of where my physical health was headed if I continued to smoke....    Lets just say that I decided that night that I was never going to die that way.   I promised I would never smoke  another one and I haven't.

So quitting for me was a draw a line in the dirt decision that I had no intention of ever crossing again.