IGNORED

How can so many false religions continue?

gdemoss

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Oakwood. Those are very interesting thoughts. I had not heard about any deal God and Satan may have had.

I shouldn't really call it a deal because it sounds like God collaborates with Satan. I think it's better described as a challenge that Satan set God.

When Satan became full of pride he wanted to share in some of God's glory. He wants us to worship him as a god too, but God became angry with Satan's haughtiness and rebellion and kicked him out of heaven along with a third of the angels that had collaborated with him.

God could have destroyed Satan there and then but by doing so he would have effectively lost the argument, and God is nothing but fair.

Satan's challenge was that because God had given man free will, Satan would be able to persuade man to worship him instead of God. Satan however, has only succeeded in getting man to do this by using deceit. He is not called the Father of lies for nothing!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,321
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I can't speak for all or for all instances, but during the time I was involved with the darkness, Satan never once asked me to worship him....  he actually wanted me to be like him and put myself up as godlike and basically worship myself as a godlike entity.

If we become like him, it makes his rebellion less offensive.   That's what he was doing in the Garden and from my experience it was what he was still doing 20 years ago when I was evolved.   

I can't speak for all or for all instances, but during the time I was involved with the darkness, Satan never once asked me to worship him....  he actually wanted me to be like him and put myself up as godlike and basically worship myself as a godlike entity.

If we become like him, it makes his rebellion less offensive.   That's what he was doing in the Garden and from my experience it was what he was still doing 20 years ago when I was evolved.   

He doesn't have to ask you to worship him. All he has to do is prove God to be a liar. If he makes you worship anybody else other than the true God then he has won. To worship false gods including yourself is just a way of indirectly worshipping Satan.

He doesn't have to ask you to worship him. All he has to do is prove God to be a liar. If he makes you worship anybody else other than the true God then he has won. To worship false gods including yourself is just a way of indirectly worshipping Satan.

That's very true, but he can't make you do so.......  he just makes it worth your while here on earth.

That's very true, but he can't make you do so.......  he just makes it worth your while here on earth.

No, you're right. He can't make you do anything but he can use deception, temptation, bribery and whatever trick he has up his sleeve to persuade you do his bidding whether you realise it or not. It's true that those under Satan's spell are often blessed with charmed lives because in this World Satan gives them whatever he can - wealth, power, charisma, whatever they ask for.

That's all part of his bribery.

These people however are being deceived because this life on Earth is very short. If they do not repent then they will pay the most serious price for all eternity.

These people however are being deceived because this life on Earth is very short. If they do not repent then they will pay the most serious price for all eternity.

That's my point Oak.  If you consider yourself like him, there isn't anything to repent from.....  I'm enlightened,  I know good and evil and I'm doing what's best for me and who needs God?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  22

I don't know of any deals either.  God doesn't deal, wager or bet.  He already k n o w s

I don't know of any deals either.  God doesn't deal, wager or bet.  He already k n o w s

God made a promise to the Jews that if they followed his laws he would bless them. But according to you he doesn't make deals because he already knows?

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,271
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

John 3:19 NKJV   And this is the condemnation:  that light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

While God has saved us by grace through faith, I believe that He also gave us free will to resist grace by resisting the light given us.  Those that don't want to be held accountable will turn away from the light and suppress the truth.  Those who seek the Truth, to them more truth will be given.  Those who suppress the truth, even that which they have will be taken away.  So God has given them ears that do not hear and eyes that do not see.  Matt 13:10-15

Romans 1: 18-22  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, for what may be known of God is manifest in them.  For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead so that they are without excuse, because although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were they thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.  Professing to be wise they became fools,.  (and created false religions).  

Matt. 13: 24-30 NKJV  Speaking of the wheat and the tares, v. 30:  Let both of them grow together until the harvest , and at the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First bind together the tares and bind them into bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."  Why does God allow this?  v, 29 But He said :"No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them."  (He does not desire that any be lost. )

Hope this helps.  You tend to be a little cryptic so I am not sure I completely understood the question.

Blessings,

Willa

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  22

God made a promise to the Jews that if they followed his laws he would bless them. But according to you he doesn't make deals because he already knows?

You spoke of satan...you said you thought God made a deal with the devil.  Then, you described your 'idea' as a challenge...possibly.

According to me, I know that deal is not in the Bible.

If you would like to discuss Israel, I guess a new thread would be in order.  Definately not a deal though...more like a covenant.

Let's not play games.