IGNORED

Are Jesus and Jehova (YHWH) the same being??????

gustavojr777

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/22/1990

ddgfdhgj

Edited by gustavojr777

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

Hi welcome to worthy. :D

This is not really the place for that topic as this is just the welcome area. After you do 5 posts u can start a thread in an area.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,388
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

just a quick answer for this part of the forum would be that yes they are the same, but they are not the Father.....

This forum is mainly for greetings and for you to tell us a bit about yourself.....   post a few times here as people say welcome and you can cut and past this to a more proper place and we can discuss it in detail.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Welcome to Worthy.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

I moved this thread so it can be discussed.

Welcome.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

Think of it this way.  God is not a name of one deity, like Father or Son or Holy Spirit.  God is who they are, like you are a son or daughter, mother or father, employer or employee ... God is more of a title that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit hold.

What is meant by God is one is that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are in complete oneness, pure unity.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,281
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

God. Father Son and Holy Spirit, ONE GOD in three persons. It's hard to understand because He created us and no one can comprehend Him fully.

John 1:1-3, 14 In the beginning was the Word (Jesus) and the Word was with God (Father) and the Word (Jesus) WAS God. He was in the beginning with God (Father). All things were made through Him and without Him nothing was made. 14. And the Word (Jesus) became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as the only begotten o the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jesus came to glorify the Father and reveal His nature to us humans. Both were involved in creating the universe, as was the Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:2b And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Colossians 1:14-17 In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. 15. He is the image of the invisible God (Father), the firstBORN OVER all creation. 16. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible--

Phil. 2:8b Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery (a thing to be held onto) to be EQUAL with God (the Father) but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservent, and coming in the likeness of men.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--17 the Spirit of Truth---; but you know Him for he dwells with you and will be in you.

John 16:7b It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper wil not come to you; and when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgement.

God the Holy Spirit has already come to convict you of sin, righteousness and judgement. That is good. It just doesn't feel so good. But He wants to be your best friend and help you to stay out of trouble. Someday you will be thankful.

Acts 1:4b He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait or the Promise of the Father, which you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you whall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.

Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to me--.

God gives us the power of the Holy Spirit to do His will. It is He who desires to live in us, to allow the person of Jesus to be seen in us as we are motivated to do the things Jesus wants to do through us. We can't obey God in our own nature and strength. God gives us a new nature that wants to obey God and then gives us the power to do it when we rely on Him. It is hard at first to learn how to allow God to do the changing in us. Many of us get caught up in trying to please God in our own strength and end up falling on our faces and exhausted. Somehow we eventually learn that it is while we were yet sinners that Christ died for us and we don't have to earn His love. He already loves us. He is in the business of changing us to look more like Jesus.

I am sorry you are having such a struggle. I just look for shows that would be more pleasing to God. Some are cop shows and some are oldies like Abbot and Costello movies. But most are G, PG or PG-13. The parental controls on our TV are set to those standards for myself so I don't end up watching stuff that is offensive to me. Then I still eliminate others that are occult or weird. But I listen to the Holy Spirit Who takes away the peace in my heart when I shouldn't be watching something. He is my Friend and my Guide Who helps me through this maze called life.

There are so many incurable diseases spread by being promiscuous. I have good Christian friends dying from hepititus C due to falling into this sin just once. So stay cellibate and continue to stay out of situations that may cause you temptations. You know already what is pleasing to God.

Blessings,

Willa

The fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom; a good understanding have they that keep His commandments. His praise endures forever. Psm 111:10 NKJV

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,281
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

By the way, Jesus did claim to be the God of Abe, Isaac and Jacob..

John 8:58 Jesus said to them "Most assuredly I say to you, Before Abraham was, I AM." 59. Then they took up stones to stone Him.

Exodus 3:14b Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, "I AM has sent me to you". 15b Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever, and this will be My memorial to all generations.

I AM means He just is and has no beginning or end. He is the Eternal God. That was such a shocking thing for Jesus to say that the Jews took up stones to stone Him to death for blasphemy because he was claiming to be God.

Remember that they are one God in 3 persons. I think Jesus is Jehovah YHWH.

The angel said to Joseph in Matt 1:21, And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for he shall save His people from their sins". 23. Behold the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His Name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us".

Jesus is God with us. Now the Holy Spirit is God with us. Neither one is Father God but all three are one God.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/22/1990

Sorry now I understand how posting works here. I just wanted some quick feedback on the subject it's been bugging me for so long. It is super confusing there are so many ways to interpret the Bible and so many people have their own little versions of it and it's frustrating I don't want to fall into the wrong category when it comes to this. But thank you all for your replies I'll keep all of it in mind.

Guest shiloh357

Sorry now I understand how posting works here. I just wanted some quick feedback on the subject it's been bugging me for so long. It is super confusing there are so many ways to interpret the Bible and so many people have their own little versions of it and it's frustrating I don't want to fall into the wrong category when it comes to this. But thank you all for your replies I'll keep all of it in mind.

I suppose to confuse the issue even more, I am one of those Christians we do not believe in the Trinity, I personally do not believe Yeshua and YHWH are the same person, the Bible makes a complete Identity separation of the two pre and post resurrection, I do not believe Yeshua is God but YHWH's High Priest, our Messiah

If Jesus isn't God then there is no salvation for mankind.  A man could never have died or the sins of mankind.  Jesus claimed to be God and demonstrated even AFTER His resurrection that He is God.  Jesus used Psalm 110:1 to prove His divinity.   Jesus claims to be God in the book of Revelation. 

The deity of Jesus is a cardinal doctrine of Scripture.  If one rejects the deity of Jesus, then one must call Jesus a liair  Christianity depends upon the deity of Jesus.