IGNORED

Are Jesus and Jehova (YHWH) the same being??????

gustavojr777

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think I will just not take them at all.....     and go my way...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Acts 7:55King James Version (KJV)

55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

i believe Jehova YHWH is God the father not Jesus

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Well written Persuaded.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

There is a very interesting title given to our precious Lord - `The Firstborn.`

This special title is used in four dignified relationships in regard to our Lord Jesus Christ.

1. He is the Firstborn of all creation. (Col. 1: 15)
2. He is the Firstborn of the virgin. (Luke 2: 7)
3. He is the Firstborn from the dead. (Col. 1: 18)
4. He is the Firstborn among many brethren. (Rom. 8: 29)

In no instance does birth refer to a beginning but always to a manifestation; therefore our Lord`s fourfold manifestation in this world is profoundly significant. The unparalleled dignity of His sublime person is unveiled as the Creator of the Universe, the Crown of humanity, the Conqueror of death & the Chiefest in spiritual society.

There is none like our precious Lord  who held the highest honour in the celestial courts yet who `came down from heaven,` (John 3: 13) to this sin sick world. He is the second person of the Trinity, the incarnate Word of God, `for in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.` (Col. 2: 9)

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

Inchrist,

"My Lord and my God" is not "my translation":

John 20:28 (NKJV) And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

John 20:28 (HCSB) Thomas responded to Him, "My Lord and my God! "

John 20:28 (NLT) "My Lord and my God!" Thomas exclaimed.

John 20:28 (ASV) Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 20:28 (KJV) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 20:28 (NET) Thomas replied to him, "My Lord and my God!"

John 20:28 (ESV) Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!"

John 20:28 (NIV) Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

John 20:28 (NASB) Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

John 20:28 (RSV) Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!"

John 20:28 (YLT) And Thomas answered and said to him, `My Lord and my God;'

John 20:28 (WEB) And Thomas answered and said to him, My Lord and my God.

John 20:28 (HNV) T'oma answered him, "My Lord and my God!"

John 20:28 (BBE) And Thomas said in answer, My Lord and my God!

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Hi. I would like to refer you to Zechariah 12: 8-11. In these beautiful, powerful prophetic verses, YHWH the Almighty God says He Himself will be crucified (pierced, verse 10).YHWH God is the Messiah/Christ!This clearly and absolutely proves YHWH (the Son) is Jesus Christ of Nazareth.{As you know in most  English Bible translations "YHWH" is replaced by the 4 capitalized letters "LORD".}

In Genesis 19:24,  there are clearly 2 distinct Persons of the Godhead existing as one YHWH. That is a fact. These are (1) YHWH the Son(Jesus) and (2)YHWH the Father.(The 3rd Person of the Godhead, is as you know the Holy Spirit, but He is not mentioned in this verse)

In Zechariah 2:8-9 , (1)YHWH(LORD) ALMIGHTY declares that you will know  (2)YHWH(LORD) ALMIGHTY has sent "me". This is YHWH the Son(Jesus) saying they will know YHWH the Father has sent Him!

Zechariah 2:10-11, proves again the same.

In Matthew 12:8  Jesus declares that He is the Lord of the Sabbath. Now everyone  knows only YHWH the Almighty is the Lord of the Sabbath He created and rested  on! This should absolutely, definitely, and patently prove to anyone who is searching for the truth in a sincere and systematic way, with the Bible as their foundation, that Jesus of  Nazareth is YHWH Almighty, along with the Father and Holy Spirit.(Matthew 28:19 " baptizing them in the name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.")

In John 20:28 , Thomas very clearly calls Jesus :"...my God." All the best Greek scholars affirm and agree with this.

We can be 100% certain from the evidence in the Bible that Jesus is Almighty YHWH.

Sincerely,Rony.

Edited by rontiger

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Good answers by all. inchrist have you taken note of the overwhelming conclusion scripture has led most on this thread to?

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

John 10:30-33 I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took us stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "Many good works have I shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?" The Jews answered Him saying "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a man, MAKE YOURSELF GOD". 38b know and believe that the Father is in Me and I in Him."

Jesus did claim to be God, and to be the Great I AM. He did not claim to be our Father God, but yet claimed to be in the Father and to have the Father living in Him. The Jews knew exactly what He was saying, and had asked Him in verse 24 "If you are the Christ, tell us plainly." Yet when He did they tried to stone Him for it.

And they shall call His name Immanuel, which is translated "God with us". Matt 1:23 NKJV

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

The Bible says all three persons of the godhead are responsible for the creation:

Creation, by Jesus:

John 1 (which I think I've read elsewhere that you dispute, using a novel approach, differently than the JW's rather unimaginative insertion of the article "a" in front of "God". But still, their company is not one I'd join lightly.)

[Heb 1:1-2 NKJV] God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,

has in these last days spoken to us by [His] Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

[Col 1:16 NKJV] For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Creation, by the Holy Spirit:

[Psa 104:30 NKJV] You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; And You renew the face of the earth.

Creation, by the Father/Jehovah:

[Psa 33:6 KJV] By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Other instances where the Son is spoken of as YHWH:

Hebrews 1 quotes Psalms that speak of both elohiym and YHWH, and attribute both as referring to the Son.

Philippians 2, the kenosis:

[Phl 2:5-11 NKJV] Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,

who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, [and] coming in the likeness of men.
And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to [the point of] death, even the death of the cross.
Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
and [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

To whom shall every knee bow? Isaiah 45 (and Romans 14:11)  tells us emphatically that it is the LORD, YHWH.

Who is the first and last, the alpha and omega? Is it the Father, or the Son? Or do they both make the claim?

[Rev 1:8 NKJV] "I am the Alpha and the Omega, [the] Beginning and [the] End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
[Rev 1:11 NKJV] saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send [it] to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."
[Rev 21:6 NKJV] And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
[Rev 22:13 NKJV] "I am the Alpha and the Omega, [the] Beginning and [the] End, the First and the Last."
[Rev 2:8 NKJV] "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, 'These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:

And "doubting" Thomas' expression on seeing Christ in His resurrection body; "My Lord and my God". I suspect he said it in shame and awe. We all will say that phrase some day: perhaps with adoration, or with shame, or outright terror.

John 14:28King James Version (KJV)

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.