JesusSavedMe

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Us who are overweight and some of us extremely have a right to be treated as any other person.  We don't need to be referred to as fat or laughed at or told to lose weight.  I am very much overweight and have been treated very badly just because of how I look.  I am not looking for ways to lose weight or scriptural lectures on gluttony.  We all have a right to be any size and be treated fairly.  There is far too much making fun of large people.  We deserve all the love in the world too.

Thanks.  There is a part of society that finds me acceptable, too.  I have joined a dating website for large people.

Edited by JesusSavedMe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,259
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi JesusSavedMe,

All the more to hug. :emot-wanttohug:

Blessings, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Yes.  Love to you!   Society is that way around here.  Must look like the women off the magazine covers for the most part.  Then those who do are hated by the others.  Nobody wins.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

On the outside, we may be ugly, skinny, fat, too tall, too short, old and wrinkly, of different color, or deformed in one way or another.  Thank God He looks at the heart!

Matthew 23:27

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

yes ruth... If only we could all see each other with Gods heart. The world would get along so much better with one another. I make it a habit to tell the out casts of society that they are beautiful. And so are you! Very beautiful and very special to God.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Well -- is a person Large because they are big boned?  Or are they obese and have Tried to loose weight for the sake of their health and can't seem to do so.  And people Shouldn't make fun of an over-weight person.  However -- people aren't born overweight.  One of my nephews weighted almost 11 pounds at birth.  But he's never been over weight. 

So -- my thought is that as long as the 'obese'/ large person Is eating nutriously and getting exercise / out walking a lot.  A doctor knows their personal situation  and they are doing the best they can given their situation in life -- well -- heart disease / diabetes are potential problems. 

A friend of mine had  gastric by-pass surgery a few years ago -- she was doing great -- then something happened and depression crept up on her again.  So - for her there are emotional aspects, also.  So -- just be sure that you are being the healthiest person you Can be. 

And, No -- people Don't laugh or make course comments -- it doesn't help at all. 

Thank you all for your replies.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Us who are overweight and some of us extremely have a right to be treated as any other person.  We don't need to be referred to as fat or laughed at or told to lose weight.  I am very much overweight and have been treated very badly just because of how I look.  I am not looking for ways to lose weight or scriptural lectures on gluttony.  We all have a right to be any size and be treated fairly.  There is far too much making fun of large people.  We deserve all the love in the world too.

From my personal viewpoint, it's whatever you are comfortable with.....    and willing to sacrifice.