• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/5/2014 at 7:01 AM, creativemechanic said:

I was talking to a friend about wanting to be married, to which they commented- if i werent ever married, wouldnt having Jesus be enough? To me that statement really isnt accurate and is annoying to hear people tell others.

I based this  on that yes while our relationship with Jesus is very important and fulfills certain needs, it wont fill certain things a spouse will fill.

I base this on the fact that even though God had a relationship with adam, he still recognised the need for him to have a mate and thus produced eve. And yes there are people who are destined to live alone,  they have the mindset to want to live alone and not want anyone. So we really shouldnt tell someone that wants a spouse to say- You got Jesus, be happy.

What do u think?

One thing that annoys me is when they say "Marriage won't solve all your problems." I'm already aware of that, but they jump to the conclusion that I don't. That's condescending, and it's made me angry at times. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Wow. I posted this 6 years ago

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

On 11/5/2014 at 4:01 AM, creativemechanic said:

I was talking to a friend about wanting to be married, to which they commented- if i werent ever married, wouldnt having Jesus be enough? To me that statement really isnt accurate and is annoying to hear people tell others.

I based this  on that yes while our relationship with Jesus is very important and fulfills certain needs, it wont fill certain things a spouse will fill.

I base this on the fact that even though God had a relationship with adam, he still recognised the need for him to have a mate and thus produced eve. And yes there are people who are destined to live alone,  they have the mindset to want to live alone and not want anyone. So we really shouldnt tell someone that wants a spouse to say- You got Jesus, be happy.

What do u think?

If a person is not a believer they are going to do what they want to do. If a person is a born again Christian they give their life to God. They pray for Him to guide and direct them in their life. God has a plan for their life. So they pray and see where God leads them. If a person is not well and has a mental illness marriage is going to be a challenge for them and their spouse. Especially the children.