justfaith

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Justfaith. In a plain and simple way i'll explain how this verse , Luke 18:1-8 has related in my own life.

I had an ongoing case in my life that was harsh and unfair. Like the widow i did not give up. I wanted justice and i wanted God to be my judge and decide my case for me. The widow, although kept being refused did not give up and wanted justice so the judge who was not even a man of God eventually avenged her case so the widow would no longer trouble or tire him. When we want something, justice according to God's will, we must not give up and we must be determined and keep fighting for what is right. This has nothing to do with revenge but making right what was wrong. I hope the way i've put this across makes sense. I was up against a situation in the natural where i could have failed in my case but i persevered and kept fighting and with God as my judge and praying for his help in my case He made me to come through.

"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible" Matt 19:26.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Hi Justfaith. In a plain and simple way i'll explain how this verse , Luke 18:1-8 has related in my own life.

I had an ongoing case in my life that was harsh and unfair. Like the widow i did not give up. I wanted justice and i wanted God to be my judge and decide my case for me. The widow, although kept being refused did not give up and wanted justice so the judge who was not even a man of God eventually avenged her case so the widow would no longer trouble or tire him. When we want something, justice according to God's will, we must not give up and we must be determined and keep fighting for what is right. This has nothing to do with revenge but making right what was wrong. I hope the way i've put this across makes sense. I was up against a situation in the natural where i could have failed in my case but i persevered and kept fighting and with God as my judge and praying for his help in my case He made me to come through.

"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible" Matt 19:26.

I speak from  experience 

To all that say if we ask God to get people sick and stuff is a lie 

A married women tried to drailed my friend  and he  will do like Joseph and run but the woman said that she has made other christians fall and without regret 

So he I went to the Lord what was the out come everytime that lady came aroud him and tried seducing him  she will get ill for days until they got weary of him not wanting to do what they wanted 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I say thou art wrong!

Matthew 5

43 ¶ You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy."

44 But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you,

45 so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on thegood, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax-collectors do the same?

47 And if you greet your brothers only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax-collectors do so?

48 Therefore be perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.

I think I see how our population drops to 69 million....

He asked about praying for the destruction of our enemies. I feel it is best to pray that they stop causing harm and get saved. Not that they are destroyed. That does not mean we get destroyed by refusing to pray that our enemies are destroyed.

Judges 16:28King James Version (KJV)

28 And Samson called unto the Lord, and said, O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.

I wonder why God answered Samson and a christian what lesson and hope can a christian have from such account ?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I say thou art wrong!

Matthew 5

43 ¶ You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy."

44 But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you,

45 so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on thegood, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax-collectors do the same?

47 And if you greet your brothers only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax-collectors do so?

He asked about praying for the destruction of our enemies. I feel it is best to pray that they stop causing harm and get saved. Not that they are destroyed. That does not mean we get destroyed by refusing to pray that our enemies are destroyed.

too many people I know carry these same thoughts into the realm of protecting ourselves from them.......   It's hard to love and pray for someone who will kill you, your kids and grand kids the first chance they get......     If I am to protect myself, family and friends (including you) from them by force, what's wrong with me asking God to do it for me?    Especially since he's going to do it anyway when he comes back.    Am I expected to stand by and watch them cut of my kids and grand kids heads off before they cut off mine all the time praying for their salvation???

I say thou art wrong!

Matthew 5

too many people I know carry these same thoughts into the realm of protecting ourselves from them.......   It's hard to love and pray for someone who will kill you, your kids and grand kids the first chance they get......     If I am to protect myself, family and friends (including you) from them by force, what's wrong with me asking God to do it for me?    Especially since he's going to do it anyway when he comes back.    Am I expected to stand by and watch them cut of my kids and grand kids heads off before they cut off mine all the time praying for their salvation???

:clap:  thats all i am saying  their are times when we are called to the battle not for mercy but for judgement at the day it is God that avenges 

So let's just disband the entire US Military, then.  

We don't need the military to defend us, by your logic.

~

Beloved I Have Volunteered And Served (Armed With Deadly Force) In The U.S. Navy Before

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. 1 Timothy 5:8

And I See No Problem With Wiping Islam Off The Face Of The Earth

Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked. Psalms 82:3-4

But Brother I Will Put My Faith In Jesus

If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; Proverbs 24:10-11

And Not In Men

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

You See

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

~

Be Blessed Beloved

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever. Deuteronomy 32:39-40

Of The LORD

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy. Deuteronomy 32:41-42

Of Armies

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:43

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Psalms 25:1-3 NKJV To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in You, let me not be ashamed, let not my enemies triumph over me. Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause.

Numbers 10:35 So it was, whenever the arc set out, that Moses said: Rise up, O Lord! Let YOUR enemies be scattered, and let those who hate You flee before You.

Psm 18:46-49 NKJV The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let the God of my salvation be exalted. It is God Who avenges me, and subdues the people under me; He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man. Therefore I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the Gentiles, and sing praises to Your name.

Perhaps it might be better to pray that God deal with HIS enemies according to His wisdom, and protect us.

I remember the words of the rabbi in The Fiddler On the Roof--May the Lord bless and keep the czar, far away from us!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Again, I'm not a pacifist and have taken the opposite side in threads where someone will state that Jesus wants us to do nothing but pray.  However, why doesn't God just

wipe em all off the earth right now and save everyone the bother?    I bet alot of Christians wished God would help Paul into the next world too...but that's neither here nor

there

The wrong questions are being asked.....why is God allowing this?  the question should be why and not how do we pray because we have already been told how to pray

and its really not that God would wipe ISIS off the earth

OneLight, on 16 Nov 2014 - 3:10 PM, said:

snapback.png

You want to wipe ISIS out?  You want to kill them?  Fast and pray against the spirit behind ISIS, the true enemy.  Many follow false gods which are the principalities, powers, rulers of the darkness of this age, spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places!  Fight against them, not the flesh who follow them.  Leave them to God. 

Ephesians 6:12

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

As for those who are in harms way, they have all the right to defend themselves, and if they ask for help, to help them. Your heart is in a war, but not against those who are controlled by the enemy, but the enemy themselves.

So let's just disband the entire US Military, then.   We don't need the military to defend us, by your logic.  You are completely misapplying that passage.

That passage is not misapplied.  The entire situation on this planet can be summed up in that passage

Failure to understand those verses causes a lack of love and justifies wishing death upon those who are in the grasp of the devil...that's what the Bible states

The Bible also states that we were all once enemies of God

What ISIS does is obscene but it is the spirit behind their acts that is the enemy.  You are not going to get rid of them and there is worse coming

People need to get some ears to hear....and some eyes to see...you cannot win this with guns and frankly, you have the same spirit controlling the country,

so the devil is not going to whop his own

It cannot be said any plainer....you are at war with the devil and he is using flesh and blood

Guest shiloh357

Again, I'm not a pacifist and have taken the opposite side in threads where someone will state that Jesus wants us to do nothing but pray.  However, why doesn't God just

wipe em all off the earth right now and save everyone the bother?    I bet alot of Christians wished God would help Paul into the next world too...but that's neither here nor

there

The wrong questions are being asked.....why is God allowing this?  the question should be why and not how do we pray because we have already been told how to pray

and its really not that God would wipe ISIS off the earth

OneLight, on 16 Nov 2014 - 3:10 PM, said:

snapback.png

You want to wipe ISIS out?  You want to kill them?  Fast and pray against the spirit behind ISIS, the true enemy.  Many follow false gods which are the principalities, powers, rulers of the darkness of this age, spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places!  Fight against them, not the flesh who follow them.  Leave them to God. 

Ephesians 6:12

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

As for those who are in harms way, they have all the right to defend themselves, and if they ask for help, to help them. Your heart is in a war, but not against those who are controlled by the enemy, but the enemy themselves.

So let's just disband the entire US Military, then.   We don't need the military to defend us, by your logic.  You are completely misapplying that passage.

That passage is not misapplied. 

Yeah, it is pretty much misapplied.