• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,155
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

....their will be no ...  sex in heaven.

Always remember, the mind is the greatest erogenous zone.  :biggrin2:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Some (in)famous church doctrines based upon a single Bible verse:

ok lets see what your integrity is like then! List as many doctrines that every single christian denomination (so not mormans) agree on that are based on one verse only. I think you would be surprised at how many you could come up with.

Next list christian beliefs on social issues that are based on poetry and where the previous understanding is ignored.

Can you really think of no other verse in the bible that might be relevant? 

Guest shiloh357

The joys we will be having in heaven are going to be beyond anything we have a point of reference for in this earth.   Marriage and raising a family is probably the ultimate in human fulfillment on an earthly scale, but heaven will a million times greater than we can possibly know.

Jesus said that in heaven we will not be married and He made that clear.  While we will know each other in heaven, our relationships with our families and friends will be completely different there. 

Think about this as well.   If the marriage bond on earth is not broken at death, then getting remarried after a spouse has died would be considered adultery.  However, we know from Scripture, namely Romans 7:1-4 that when your spouse dies you are free to remarry.  That on its own demonstrates that the marriage bond does not carry over into the next life.

ok lets see what your integrity is like then! List as many doctrines that every single christian denomination (so not mormans) agree on that are based on one verse only. I think you would be surprised at how many you could come up with.

Next list christian beliefs on social issues that are based on poetry and where the previous understanding is ignored.

Can you really think of no other verse in the bible that might be relevant? 

YOU list 'em -- "doctrines that every single christian denomination (so not mormons) agree on that are based on one verse only" -- if you can find any. And I will be surprised indeed.

I haven't a clue what "christian beliefs on social issues that are based on poetry and where the previous understanding is ignored" means.

Correction re: the Song of Solomon NKJV quote that says "a most vehement flame": the phrase is literally "a flame of Yah." Love is a flame of the Creator, which cannot be quenched.

Jesus said that in heaven we will not be married and He made that clear.

Jesus said "they neither marry nor are given in marriage...in heaven."  Whether marital union of some kind exists in heaven, he did not say. You are adding to the word, a dangerous thing to do.

Think about this as well.   If the marriage bond on earth is not broken at death, then getting remarried after a spouse has died would be considered adultery.  However, we know from Scripture, namely Romans 7:1-4 that when your spouse dies you are free to remarry.  That on its own demonstrates that the marriage bond does not carry over into the next life.

1 Cor. 7:40 But she is happier if she remains as she is, according to my judgment—and I think I also have the Spirit of God.

The allowance to remarry while still on earth does not prove that marriage bonds are automatically dissolved at death. It only proves that they may be dissolved at death, by human free will. In the single case which Jesus addressed about the woman married 7 times, the dissolution would be automatic, for obvious reasons. But in other cases, people may make another choice. Scripture simply does not directly address the issue.

For you to extrapolate, as so many people have done, from this one single and rather unique case is presumptuous.

Edited by WilliamL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I believe that our primary focus and relationship with be with God. However, God has always dealt with mankind according to families. Nations are not often mentioned, but the ancient tribal families names are. So it will be likely that we will also be associated with saved family members as well, but on a platonic basis. The lusts of the flesh will be no more. Sigh. But we will be so overcome with the joy of being in God's presence that we won't miss it. The chapters in Revelation that reveal Christ and what is going on in heaven give us a glimpse of what awaits us.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

It's "till death do you part".

1Cor 7:39 A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

There is no marriage in Heaven but there will be one very large wedding feast. Be sure that you are dressed up for it. Marriage and sex were for procreation and family but the latter is not always done, even in marriage, with the explicit intent of procreation. I am not saying there will be sex, I am saying I don't know if there will be or not. If we are in our new bodies that are like The Lord's glorious body and have 360 vision then we wouldn't need eyes would we? If we speak with our minds in Heaven then we wouldn't need vocal cords. Now correct me if I am wrong, but when John in Revelations described the glorious body of The Lord. I believe he did mention eyes and a voice.

Yes God will be all we need, but he commanded us to love each other too, and though there will be no need for procreation, he will make all things new. Many things that have one purpose now will be repurposed.

Just food for thought. We really cannot presume anything will or will not be in Heaven unless the word specifically calls it out. While we are rooting for what we hope will and will not be there though, hopefully we will see an end to body hair. :mgcheerful:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Marriage was for earth..to populate it. Angels do not marry nor are given in marriage ..our bridegroom is Jesus. Yet we are promised that we will know one another as we are known here on earth. We will be most blissful and in need of no earthly relationships. We are assuming to know what heaven holds for us or what we will miss or need. We cannot imagine the joys and pleasures of being in the presence of the Father and Jesus thinking only with humanly limited thoughts. The Bible says that eye has not seen nor ear heard of the things prepared for us by our Lord. We will not be disappointed!!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/09/1987

I believe that the primary purpose of marriage is sex and procreation within a controlled, godly environment. Man and Woman get married to enjoy sexual pleasure within the right context and to breed more humans. It is designed to provide a healthy and godly support system for children, as well as husbands and wives themselves. In heaven, you wouldn't need this because there is no need to procreate. We would all be immortal and have direct access to god himself.

There also would be no need for sexual gratification as we won't be possessing our human bodies. We'll exist as spirits in heaven.