unworldly

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

According to the Holy Word.....causing children that believe in Jesus to sin is unforgivable, betrayal to JESUS is unforgivable, and alliance to the enemy would be unforgivable.

1 John 5:16-17 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

Matthew 18:6-7 “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!

Matthew 26:24 The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born.”

Revelation 14:9-11 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

I don't know why a Christian would cause a child to sin, betray Jesus, or worship anybody other than Jesus. But if they did I believe it is unforgivable.

How can we know for sure that the person who commits these sins is a genuine Christian in the first place?

can a genuine Christian commit these sins?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

John 3:18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe in Him is condemned already, because he does not believe in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Those who believe also trust in and rely on Jesus. For God demonstrated His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. All of us did stupid things before we were saved, that is why we need a Savior. But after we are saved we may still backslide as did the prodigal son. Our Father welcomes us back if we come back in humility, knowing we have no right to ask for forgiveness.

I don't believe a person will backslide who is fully committed and submitted to the Lord. Having a full revelation of Who Jesus is, we, like Tomas, fall on our faces to Him as our Lord and our God.

Pride was the sin of satan that caused him to rebel. Pride goes before a fall, and causes us to reject His authority over us.

1 Peter 2:25 For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and overseer of your souls." As our Good Shepherd He is in the business of retrieving lost sheep, restoring our souls, and welcoming prodigals--even if someone may have in ignorance led a little one astray. The only unforgivable sin that I am aware of is rejecting our Savior till our deaths, allowing our hearts to become so hardened that we knowingly attribute His miraculous works of loveingkindness to satan.

When I explained the way of salvation to a person many years ago, I answered her question: yes a person can wait till right before death to be saved. What I didn't realize was that there was a good chance that each time they said no, they would harden their hearts till they would no longer want to be saved. And even if they were saved, they will have wasted their whole lives doing what they would later regret, and forfeit an abundant, fulfilling life.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

According to the Holy Word.....causing children that believe in Jesus to sin is unforgivable, betrayal to JESUS is unforgivable, and alliance to the enemy would be unforgivable.

1 John 5:16-17 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

Matthew 18:6-7 “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!

Matthew 26:24 The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born.”

Revelation 14:9-11 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

I don't know why a Christian would cause a child to sin, betray Jesus, or worship anybody other than Jesus. But if they did I believe it is unforgivable.

How can we know for sure that the person who commits these sins is a genuine Christian in the first place?

can a genuine Christian commit these sins?

The scripture says .....Sees his BROTHER....(brother in Christ)....obviously they can be blotted out of the Lambs Book of Life...and it doesn't say A Sin.....it says sin.....

Example: A pastor or priest sexually molest a child who believes in Jesus at the church. There is not even a description for that. He will be tormented on earth all the way to the gates of hell. No need for even praying for him...that is the walking damned.

Pray for the child...assure them Jesus loves them and there is no place for that in the Kingdom of Heaven. Vengeance is the Lords and Justice has been and will be served. It will take a lifetime of prayer and Godly love to get them thru something so horrendous. It's unforgiveable.

We all have denied Jesus in our lifetime. And have to repent tears of sorrow for it. And Jesus forgives us.

Denial is one thing but Betrayal is one place you don't want to go. That is like going to the enemies camp and denouncing Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and worshipping the devil. Like Jesus says ....your going to regret being born. Like it says in Revelation ......if you worship the beast and take the mark your damned even if you call yourself a Christian. It's unforgiveable.

Again you will be tormented on earth all the way to the gates of hell. The walking damned with no hope.

The unpardonable sin is to say something blasphemous against the work the Holy Spirit is doing.  In the passage where this comes up, the religious crowd was accusing Jesus of casting out devils though the power of the devil, when he was doing it through the power of the Holy Spirit.  Lets suppose that God were to heal a person who was blind, and someone wanted to discredit the miracle because they hated the vessel God used.  If they accuse the person of healing through the power of Satan, knowing full well it was done through the power of the Holy Spirit, that is the unpardonable sin.  Likewise, if you directly speak a word against the Holy Spirit, there is no forgiveness. 

I personally take that to mean the person can never be forgiven, so they will suffer eternal damnation.  That is how I have always taken it.  I don't believe it is simply questioning if a person is real or not.  I think it means you know someone is being used of God and you still attribute it to the devil. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

We all do things that we wished that we didn't do in the first place. That is about not doing them in the first place. But God's forgiveness is available to His believers and redemption. When He cleanses us out.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  112

We all do things that we wished that we didn't do in the first place. That is about not doing them in the first place. But God's forgiveness is available to His believers and redemption. When He cleanses us out.

Of course we did. But hopefully it is not sin that leads to death. Even after we are reborn we have weak moments. But hopefully we are not PRACTICING works of the flesh (sin). And recrucifying Jesus over and over again.

This thread is about unforgiveable sin. Almost all people believe, their is nothing anybody can do that can't be forgiven. Messing with children that believe in Jesus and betraying Jesus would fit in that category unless you don't believe that scripture.

I've been to many different churches on this earth. The church rarely talks about sin that leads to death. It is like....if we don't talk about it.....it don't exist. If you ever see people constantly tormented in tjhe church or outside....there is good chance Jesus's hand is not protecting them because of sin that leads to death. In the spirit Jesus tells you who is out of Jesus's protective hand.

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Another unforgiveable sin. Take away from Revelation and you will get your name blotted from the Book of Life.

Edited by almightyist

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/12/1943

I'd like to reply further by explaining that in Mat. 12:31 Jesus was performing miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit. The Pharisees, while witnessing these miracles, attributed Jesus' power to Beelzebub - in other words claiming that Jesus' was possessed by a demon.

The blasphemy then would be accusing Jesus of being demon possessed - while being face to face when Jesus was on earth - in person. Since the miracles were by the power of the Holy Spirit - and because they rejected the truth and claimed the power was from Beelzebub, they sinned against the Holy Spirit.

This sin cannot be repeated today IMO.

The only unpardonable sin today is the continual rejecting of the saving power of salvation that comes through receiving Jesus as personal savior.

There is a sin unto death - physical death as mentioned in James.

I believe this is probably the correct interpretation of the Sin against the Holy Spirit. It does make sense - to me anyway.

God bless,

Judith

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

I am glad to hear so many people clear on this subject. 

All the unforgivable sins are directed at the one sin of rejecting the influence or admonition of the Holy Spirit, which covers the ones you all mentioned. There are different ways of committing this sin, including personal spiritual negligence.

The Holy Spirit is our seal for salvation, the connection between us and Christ, once that is cut, it cannot be repaired.

Jesus said all manner of sin will be forgiven, even against God, but not against the Connection God has provided.

But having said that, I know what it is like to live many years in discouragement and fear of having lost salvation and the Holy Spirit.

It is not a nice place to be, and I would like to say to those who feel that they are far from any grace or salvation, that "blessed are the poor in spirit" for they will inherit eternal life. The words of scripture - the promises have to be taken against whatever your feelings are telling you. The truth is that God has a tender regard for you, despite those dark feelings which lie to you.

The danger of the Christian is to presume on protection while walking into temptation, and the other is to lean on our own strength to overcome sin. But relying fully on Christ is not learned overnight, it is a lifetime learning experience of depending more with each trial and blunder.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Hebrews 12:25

See that ye refuse not Him that speaketh.  For if they escaped not who refused him that spoke on earth, much more shall not we escape if we turn away from Him that speaketh from heaven.

2)  For if the word spoken by angels was steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward;

3)  How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by them that heard Him;

4)  God also bearing them testimony, both with signs and wonders, and with diver miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His Own will?

Hebrews 2:2-4

The Old Covenant was given by Moses and is known to have been given by the angels of heaven, and yet as we read also in Hebrews 3:16-19, some because of unbelief could not enter into the rest of the promise land, but died in the wilderness.

So now that we are under the New Covenant, which was first spoken by the Lord, and later confirmed by His followers with power of the Holy Spirit.  We all know of the miracles that Jesus did and also His Apostles thru the Holy Spirit's power.  But what where Jesus words of about the power of the Holy Spirit; Luke mentions this great power twice:

48)  And ye are My witnesses of these things.

49)  And behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you: tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem until ye are endued with power from on High.

Luke 24:48-49

But ye shall receive power after the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses to Me, both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and in Samaria, and to the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 1:8

The power that the Holy Spirit truly give is the boldness in the Grace of God to speak of the wonderful works that Jesus did to save us lost sinners.  So if someone hears of the Gospel of Jesus and than knowingly see the love and power that the Holy Spirit has put on His people, and willingly calls this the work of the devil they have sealed their fate.

IMO the unpardonable sin is to count the precious Blood of Jesus and His Works an unholy thing thus committing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit:

Of how much more severe punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the Blood of the Covenant, by which He was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite to the Spirit of Grace?

Hebrews 10:29

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  118

The Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is rooted in unbelief.  So how can a person who is has accepted Jesus commit a sin that is predicated on rejecting Jesus?  It makes no sense to say that a believer in Jesus commits a sin rooted in rejecting Jesus.    The only people in Scripture who committed this sin are unbelievers. 

Blasphemy is not done on accident.  Blasphemy, by nature is intentional.  Blasphemy is slander/libel.   It is done in full knowledge of the truth.  It is an intentional act of defamation of character.  So a person who blasphemes God knows what he is doing when he does it.

So what makes this sin unforgivable in this life and in the world to come is not that it is such a heinous sin that not even the blood of Jesus can cover it; rather the person who commits this sin is so irretrievably wicked that they would never repent of it.   I like what the New Treasury of Scripture knowledge says and how this is explained:

"The sin against the Holy Spirit  is unpardonable because of its own nature:  It consists in the rejection of way of salvation by Christ, in opposition to the fullest evidence and the only evidence that shall be given (Heb. 2: 3)

The sin against the Holy Spirit consists in continual impenitence and unbelief.  It is not an act, but habit.  It is the calm, determined, and persevering rejection of Jesus Christ as the Savior of man, in opposition t all the testimony of His word and Spirit.  Consequently, its nature is incapable of forgiveness.  No one who is afraid of having committed this sin has done so; for its very nature is to have no fear on that account.  It is committed and continued in delightedly and knowingly, where it is committed at all.  Fear is not compatible with its nature"