• A covenant established by Antichrist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

You bring up some more good points. The key word though is "after".  I'm not sure why some people like to place the "cutting off" at the end of 69th week, or immediately after it. the word "after" does not indicate how long after. 3.5 years after still fits in with context. The way I see it, there is a special 7 year Messianic timeframe, the Jews had the first 3.5 years of Jesus' ministry/salvation  mainly to them only, and will have the last 3.5 years of Jesus' salvation mainly to them only.  And so the first will be last. Some verses indicate a special time of Jewish salvation during the great tribulation.

romans 11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in

This successful salvation of the Gentiles reminds me of Rev 12 where we have a huge success of the gospel that actually causes Satan to fall. This is followed by 3.5 years of tribulation for believers yet protection for Israel (the woman with the 12 stars). 

So believe it or not, there are TWO special 3.5 year periods for the Jewish people, and during both they get closer to Jesus. This is simple maths, 3.5 plus 3.5 =  7

You refer to the blood covenant, but what about the simple covenant/promise by God that he would send the Jews a saviour to set them free? So for 7 years before the second coming, Jesus is their saviour. 

We shall know soon enough. According to Jonathan Cahn this is a shemitah year. Many believe the economy will collapse this September. And Mark Biltz has gone as far as claiming that if Daniel's 70th week doesn't start by then, then we'll have to wait for another seven year cycle. I don't know, but we will soon see.

Cheers

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

The "he" is the coming Antichrist, and the confirming is... the Old Covenant...

The "he" is definitely the Antichrist, but the covenant is NOT the Old Covenant because it is only for one "week" ( a period of seven years).  It is a bogus covenant (agreement) between the Jews and the Antichrist that "guarantees" that they will be safe from their surrounding enemies and will be able to resume temple sacrifices and oblations. After 3 1/2 years that covenant will be broken so that the Abomination of Desolation (the image of the Beast) can be set up and worshipped instead (Rev 13:15).

Edited by Ezra

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

You bring up some more good points. The key word though is "after".  I'm not sure why some people like to place the "cutting off" at the end of 69th week, or immediately after it. the word "after" does not indicate how long after. 3.5 years after still fits in with context. The way I see it, there is a special 7 year Messianic timeframe, the Jews had the first 3.5 years of Jesus' ministry/salvation  mainly to them only, and will have the last 3.5 years of Jesus' salvation mainly to them only.  And so the first will be last. Some verses indicate a special time of Jewish salvation during the great tribulation.

romans 11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in

This successful salvation of the Gentiles reminds me of Rev 12 where we have a huge success of the gospel that actually causes Satan to fall. This is followed by 3.5 years of tribulation for believers yet protection for Israel (the woman with the 12 stars). 

So believe it or not, there are TWO special 3.5 year periods for the Jewish people, and during both they get closer to Jesus. This is simple maths, 3.5 plus 3.5 =  7

You refer to the blood covenant, but what about the simple covenant/promise by God that he would send the Jews a saviour to set them free? So for 7 years before the second coming, Jesus is their saviour. 

We shall know soon enough. According to Jonathan Cahn this is a shemitah year. Many believe the economy will collapse this September. And Mark Biltz has gone as far as claiming that if Daniel's 70th week doesn't start by then, then we'll have to wait for another seven year cycle. I don't know, but we will soon see.

Cheers

I guess so. I like the "wait and see" approach when there are differences of opinion. The truth is that if we understand alternative viewpoints then we can better recognise the unfolding of biblical events at that time.  

Of course if this guy is correct, then I would just be looking at the last 3.5 years for fulfilment, not the first.  I don't look for a "treaty" I just look for the "abomination" or the "man of sin" amidst deceiving signs and wonders to start off the final 3.5 years.