IGNORED

Young Earth Creation

Riverwalker

Guest Judas Machabeus

I use to be be a young earth creationist. Not so sure anymore. I do believe that God created everything including man.

I am not so sure in the literal 7 day.creation story. I do not believe in capital E Evolution but I do believe in small e evolution.

I believe that it was possible that God created the world and wether it's billiobs or millions of years later he created Man. The book of Genisis was written for an extremely primitive people so naturally it would have been written in terms they would understand.

Primitive people??? Not hardly. The Bible says that God created the earth in six days. To imply that people back then had be told six days 'cause they were too primitive to understand millions or billions of years isn't true. Ancient people were far more advanced than we give them credit.

God said six days and he said it more than one place so we would not misunderstand. He said in Exodus that He created the earth in six days.

Yep we can tell they were not primitive by the vast advance technology that they had. Sorry did my sarcasm come out.

And then it came to me.  Where does it say that everything God creates has to be new?  Adam and Eve were not created as babies, but as full grown mature adults. Would it not make sense then that God would create the earth already old, run in and ready for life?

You're correct.   God created everything functionally mature.  He created animals and plants and animals mature enough to reproduce.   He created fruit and vegetables ready to eat on the trees and in the ground, in my opinion.

I was reading a blurb from one scientist and he said that the biggest problem for evolutionists is the origin of life. Life does not come from inanimate objects.  Nothing evolves from nonliving substances into living substances.  Proteins require DNA.  DNA is what is needed for RNA and you need RNA to have proteins.  There has to be a living intelligent cause, or in other words, an all-wise Creator, for life to begin.

The argument made evolutionists that life developed absent of an intelligent Creator and Designer is simply absurd.

Just wanted to add something. There is a lady in our church who spent many years in chemistry research and is a long time believer. During one of our discussions she mentioned that when they make proteins in the lab the conditions have to be very tightly controlled or the proteins won't form properly. The whole process is quite complicated and exacting - but God just spoke all of that into existence. The deeper science looks into the structure and functions of the machinery inside a cell the more all of it looks designed, like a tiny factory assembly line.

Amazing stuff when you think about it.

Guest shiloh357

I use to be be a young earth creationist. Not so sure anymore. I do believe that God created everything including man.

I am not so sure in the literal 7 day.creation story. I do not believe in capital E Evolution but I do believe in small e evolution.

I believe that it was possible that God created the world and wether it's billiobs or millions of years later he created Man. The book of Genisis was written for an extremely primitive people so naturally it would have been written in terms they would understand.

Primitive people??? Not hardly. The Bible says that God created the earth in six days. To imply that people back then had be told six days 'cause they were too primitive to understand millions or billions of years isn't true. Ancient people were far more advanced than we give them credit.

God said six days and he said it more than one place so we would not misunderstand. He said in Exodus that He created the earth in six days.

Yep we can tell they were not primitive by the vast advance technology that they had. Sorry did my sarcasm come out.

You have got to be kidding...   Ancient people had an amazing understanding of what, by our standards, would be an advanced knowledge of physics and engineering.  The Egyptians (before the Israelite slavery) built the pyramids using the mathematical concept of pi centuries before the Greeks codified that term.  The Temples in Jerusalem, the Parthenon in Greece are great examples of the prowess of ancient people.  Look at the Pantheon in Rome!   Engineers of today are rather impressed with how it was built and it are mystified by some of its features.  The Colosseum, the aqua ducts and even running hot and cold water were part of every day life in ancient Rome.

There is a lot things in the ancient world that demonstrate an incredible degree of understanding of mathematics and even science.  They were not just walking around playing with rocks and sticks.   It is evolutionary thinking that has led us to arrogantly assume that we are so much smarter than ancient people, when it just isn't true.  Archimedes gave us the foundation for Calculus, for Pete's sake.

The notion that they could not have understood the concept of millions of years is simply without foundation and is part of the arrogance of our modern culture.  Yes, they didn't have the technology we have, but neither is it correct to call them "primitive."  "Primitive" is derived from primate and implies a Evolutionary theory that "primitive" man was on the level of "apes."   But we can tell from ancient civilizations even going back to China 4,000 years ago, that man has never been "primitive." 

Guest shiloh357

And then it came to me.  Where does it say that everything God creates has to be new?  Adam and Eve were not created as babies, but as full grown mature adults. Would it not make sense then that God would create the earth already old, run in and ready for life?

You're correct.   God created everything functionally mature.  He created animals and plants and animals mature enough to reproduce.   He created fruit and vegetables ready to eat on the trees and in the ground, in my opinion.

I was reading a blurb from one scientist and he said that the biggest problem for evolutionists is the origin of life. Life does not come from inanimate objects.  Nothing evolves from nonliving substances into living substances.  Proteins require DNA.  DNA is what is needed for RNA and you need RNA to have proteins.  There has to be a living intelligent cause, or in other words, an all-wise Creator, for life to begin.

The argument made evolutionists that life developed absent of an intelligent Creator and Designer is simply absurd.

Just wanted to add something. There is a lady in our church who spent many years in chemistry research and is a long time believer. During one of our discussions she mentioned that when they make proteins in the lab the conditions have to be very tightly controlled or the proteins won't form properly. The whole process is quite complicated and exacting - but God just spoke all of that into existence. The deeper science looks into the structure and functions of the machinery inside a cell the more all of it looks designed, like a tiny factory assembly line.

Amazing stuff when you think about it.

Yes, the cell is an amazing factory and if you watch the movie "Expelled" with Ben Stein, they show just how complex a cell is and it demonstrates why Evolution is such a farce.

Yep....

we can tell they were not primitive....

by the vast advance technology that they had....

Sorry did my sarcasm come out....

:thumbsup:

Yep

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 2 Peter 35

That So Called

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Mark 16:26-27

Advance Technology (Engineering Trinkets)

Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. Matthew 22:29

Does Not Even Begin To Start To Compare

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 47:7

With The God The Fathers

By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. Psalms 33:6

Worshiped

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

The Scriptures were written so that all peoples at all levels of understanding could know what they mean. Even, as in pre-production times, Scripture was given as tradition (until Moses wrote it down) and people understood. People who can't read, understand there is a GOD and what the Scriptures mean when they hear it. Poeple who have no access to the written Word at all understand when they are given the Word as tradition and memory. GOD gave us the Word so that it could be understood by even the most primative, simple person; as well as the most sophisticated and educated.

Guest Judas Machabeus

The Scriptures were written so that all peoples at all levels of understanding could know what they mean. Even, as in pre-production times, Scripture was given as tradition (until Moses wrote it down) and people understood. People who can't read, understand there is a GOD and what the Scriptures mean when they hear it. Poeple who have no access to the written Word at all understand when they are given the Word as tradition and memory. GOD gave us the Word so that it could be understood by even the most primative, simple person; as well as the most sophisticated and educated.

I agree. This is my line of thinking.

Shilo, yes some very impressive things were built in the ancient world but to say that because a very very few people were smart enough back than to engineer some great architecture that all the common people were equally as smart is wrong.

The ancient people were not an advance civilization.

Guest shiloh357

I agree. This is my line of thinking.

Shilo, yes some very impressive things were built in the ancient world but to say that because a very very few people were smart enough back than to engineer some great architecture that all the common people were equally as smart is wrong.

The ancient people were not an advance civilization.

I didn't say that everyone was equally smart...  not by a long shot  Most people today are not that smart either.  Doesn't make them, "primitive." 

Your position, that God couldn't tell them that the earth was millions or billions  of years old because ancient man was just too stupid and primitive to understand the concept of millions or billions of years, is simply nonsensical and baseless.   Nothing we observe about ancient man would support your assertion.  Our best minds today still can't figure out how the Egyptian pyramids were built given the technology we think they had.  They clearly had more knowledge and probably better stuff than we give them credit for having.

I would point out that the notion that the earth is millions or billions of years old did not start with modern science or advanced technology.    It started 200 years prior to what we call science, back in the age of enlightenment during the 1700s, long before our modern, advanced technology existed.  

The truth is that God said that he made the earth in six days. He didn't stutter and He says in more than one place that the earth was created by Him in six days.  Either you believe Him, or you don't. 

The ancient people were not an advance civilization....

~

Many Of Our Forefathers Were Humble

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15

And They Talked With God

God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God. Psalms 62:11

Whereas

Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Job 38:2-4

Advanced Civilizations

Flee out of the midst of Babylon, and deliver every man his soul: be not cut off in her iniquity; for this is the time of the LORD's vengeance; he will render unto her a recompence.

Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD's hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.

Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed: howl for her; take balm for her pain, if so she may be healed. Jeremiah 51:6-8

Did Not

For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off, Revelation 18:17

You See?

Guest Judas Machabeus

Shiloh, Jesus also said that his flesh is food and his blood is drink. So do you take that literally or just pick and choose when the bible is literal and when it is not based on how it fits your theology??

I didn't say God was being figurative because ancient man couldn't understand millions and billions.

I am leaning more towards the creation story being said in a way that ancient people could understand that all things were created, including man. There is one God and creator. All things come from God.