Riverwalker

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

But Young Earth Creationism goes to the extreme the other way, trying to prove that dinosaurs STILL exist on earth today, though none have seen any walking around today!

As a rule, I have never heard any mainstream young earth creationists try to prove that dinosaurs are still alive today.   They do claim that they did exist far more recently than millions of years ago.

Regardless of science's carbon dating, the fossil record exists to show a time when groups of now extinct plant and animal life once lived on the earth, then a gap in that fossil record showing a destruction on earth, and then a start again of new types of plant and animal life of today. So there's not only a time gap in Genesis 1, it's also in the fossil record itself, something that evolutionists really don't care to discuss that much, but even Christian geologists can tell you a whole lot about it.

There is tropical plant and animal fossils found at both the North and South poles. Regardless of science's theories of plate shifts with the crusts of the earth trading places, that fossil record is still proof to us in Christ that some catastrophic event of old happened upon the earth and that it is very ancient.

There was only ONE catastrophic event recorded in Genesis and that is the flood of Noah.   That is sufficient to explain a number of extinctions.

Per my understanding in God's Word about it, this present state of the earth where everything is in a state of imperfection and death is not the condition God 'originally' created the earth in.

Yes, and the fall of Adam in the Garden changed the creation from the perfect condition God created it in, to the state of corruption and decay we see today.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe in God's creation per His Word, including the 6 days and His rest on the 7th day. Just not in the idea that that was only a short time ago.

There has actually been two world floods upon this earth, the one of Noah's day of course, but the other one was of old, between Gen.1:1 and 1:2 with the face of the waters upon the earth at that point as a result, and then God doing a renewing for this present world. In Jeremiah 4 God is trying to remind the rebellious of His people what He did before to the earth prior to Noah, not just what He is going to do in the future. With the flood of Noah's days, God did not literally shake the earth like those things He did back at Satan's fall, and will do again at the end of this world but with His consuming fire. The state of vanity He shows the earth in Jer.4 aligns with what Apostle Paul taught in Romans 8 of God having placed the creation into "bondage of corruption". This is actually what Paul was talking about there involving even the creation itself being delivered into the glorious liberty of the children of God (Rom.8:21).

There are some within the New Creationist crowd that actuall are... trying to drum up evidence dinosaurs still living on the earth today. That''s extremism the other way, and only a doctrine created to counter man's evolution theories.

Guest shiloh357

But Young Earth Creationism goes to the extreme the other way, trying to prove that dinosaurs STILL exist on earth today, though none have seen any walking around today!

As a rule, I have never heard any mainstream young earth creationists try to prove that dinosaurs are still alive today.   They do claim that they did exist far more recently than millions of years ago.

Regardless of science's carbon dating, the fossil record exists to show a time when groups of now extinct plant and animal life once lived on the earth, then a gap in that fossil record showing a destruction on earth, and then a start again of new types of plant and animal life of today. So there's not only a time gap in Genesis 1, it's also in the fossil record itself, something that evolutionists really don't care to discuss that much, but even Christian geologists can tell you a whole lot about it.

There is tropical plant and animal fossils found at both the North and South poles. Regardless of science's theories of plate shifts with the crusts of the earth trading places, that fossil record is still proof to us in Christ that some catastrophic event of old happened upon the earth and that it is very ancient.

There was only ONE catastrophic event recorded in Genesis and that is the flood of Noah.   That is sufficient to explain a number of extinctions.

Per my understanding in God's Word about it, this present state of the earth where everything is in a state of imperfection and death is not the condition God 'originally' created the earth in.

Yes, and the fall of Adam in the Garden changed the creation from the perfect condition God created it in, to the state of corruption and decay we see today.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe in God's creation per His Word, including the 6 days and His rest on the 7th day. Just not in the idea that that was only a short time ago.

I know what you're saying.  And you're wrong.

There has actually been two world floods upon this earth, the one of Noah's day of course, but the other one was of old, between Gen.1:1 and 1:2 with the face of the waters upon the earth at that point as a result, and then God doing a renewing for this present world. In Jeremiah 4 God is trying to remind the rebellious of His people what He did before to the earth prior to Noah, not just what He is going to do in the future. With the flood of Noah's days, God did not literally shake the earth like those things He did back at Satan's fall, and will do again at the end of this world but with His consuming fire. The state of vanity He shows the earth in Jer.4 aligns with what Apostle Paul taught in Romans 8 of God having placed the creation into "bondage of corruption". This is actually what Paul was talking about there involving even the creation itself being delivered into the glorious liberty of the children of God (Rom.8:21).

That's just a sloppy handling of God's word.  You are trying pencil into the Bible what isn't there. The Gap Theory is false teaching.

Guest Butero

You are correct Shiloh, when you say that the gap theory pencils into the Bible what isn't there.  It definitely isn't spelled out in scripture.  At the same time, it is impossible to say the gap theory is false, because there is no way to prove that either, at least, not that I have seen.  It is not a matter of being sloppy.  It is a theory given to explain why the earth was "without form and void" in Genesis 1:2, why God told man to "replenish" the earth, rather than just to cover the earth, and where the creatures found in the fossil records of things like dinosaurs existed.  It also seeks to show how the earth could be very old, and the Genesis account of creation still be true. 

There is no way to prove the gap theory is correct.  It is just a possible explanation.  Creation scientists have already given us their own explanation that shows how Noah's flood created changes in the earth that makes carbon dating methods incapable of determining the age of the earth, and also states that dinosaurs were around on the earth at the time when Adam and Eve were on the earth.  Of course, that is possible.  We have seen a lot of plants and animals die off over the years.  Why not dinosaurs?  There are even some that allow for the possibility that such animals may still exist in remote areas of our planet.  There is no way to be sure that is not the case, though it is highly unlikely.  So long as the explanation doesn't outright contradict Genesis, I am open to it. 

I know what you're saying.  And you're wrong.

That's just a sloppy handling of God's word.  You are trying pencil into the Bible what isn't there. The Gap Theory is false teaching.

Then let's hear your explanation on what Apostle Paul taught in Romans 8:20-22.

Guest shiloh357

For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

(Rom 8:20-22)

Your connection of Jer. 4: 23-25 to Rom. 8:20-22 is without foundation.

Jeremiah 4 is about the destruction of Judah and Jerusalem.  Jeremiah is not talking about the earth.   He uses familiar imagery to make a point about the utter devastation of Judah.  Anyone who is honest about the text will admit that.

Rom. 8:20-22 is talking about the effects of Adam's Fall on creation.  Sin came into the world through Adam's sin and that is what Paul is referencing in Rom. 8:20-22.

Guest shiloh357

You are correct Shiloh, when you say that the gap theory pencils into the Bible what isn't there.  It definitely isn't spelled out in scripture.  At the same time, it is impossible to say the gap theory is false, because there is no way to prove that either, at least, not that I have seen.

I don't have to prove nonexistence.  If the Gap theory isn't in the Bible, it's absence is self-evident.   To argue it is possible on the grounds that the Bible doesn't explicitly deny it is an argumental fallacy.   You can't prove a negative.

It is not a matter of being sloppy.  It is a theory given to explain why the earth was "without form and void" in Genesis 1:2, why God told man to "replenish" the earth, rather than just to cover the earth, and where the creatures found in the fossil records of things like dinosaurs existed.  It also seeks to show how the earth could be very old, and the Genesis account of creation still be true. 

It is sloppy theology.   "Replenish" is an old English word that means to to "fill."   "Re" isn't a prefix like "re-do" or "re-organize."  Replenish doesn't mean, "re-fill."  It simply means, "fill."

God said He made the earth in six days.  So there is no need to prove the earth is old.  God doesn't tell us it is old.  He made it six days and He made everything functionally mature, not "old."  

There is no way to prove the gap theory is correct.  It is just a possible explanation.  Creation scientists have already given us their own explanation that shows how Noah's flood created changes in the earth that makes carbon dating methods incapable of determining the age of the earth, and also states that dinosaurs were around on the earth at the time when Adam and Eve were on the earth.  Of course, that is possible.  We have seen a lot of plants and animals die off over the years.  Why not dinosaurs?  There are even some that allow for the possibility that such animals may still exist in remote areas of our planet.  There is no way to be sure that is not the case, though it is highly unlikely.  So long as the explanation doesn't outright contradict Genesis, I am open to it. 

The gap theory not only contradicts Genesis, it contradicts the revealed nature of God.

For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Jeremiah 4 is about the destruction of Judah and Jerusalem.  Jeremiah is not talking about the earth.   He uses familiar imagery to make a point about the utter devastation of Judah.  Anyone who is honest about the text will admit that.

Rom. 8:20-22 is talking about the effects of Adam's Fall on creation.  Sin came into the world through Adam's sin and that is what Paul is referencing in Rom. 8:20-22.

My question was about Romans 8, not Jeremiah 4, but since you brought Jer.4 up also...

God gave the rebellious of His people a warning with the Jeremiah 4:23-28 Scripture, for it was about His destruction upon the earth of old, when He first shook this earth, which is what the comparison in Hebrews 12 with the final end of this world is about...

Hebrews 12

25 See that ye refuse not Him That speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from Him That speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, "Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven."

27 And this word, "Yet once more", signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

The next time God will shake this earth, it will be when He ends this present world on the Day of The Lord at Jesus' second coming, shaking heaven also (Matt.24:29). So when did God shake this earth the first time as per that comparison, "Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven"? It DEFINITELY was NOT when Judah at Judea/Jerusalem rebelled against Him. Nor was it at the time of the flood of Noah's days!

The Romans 8:19 thru 21 verses many have difficulty with because of not understanding the first time God shook this ancient earth. In all of the below KJV words for "creature" and "creation", it is the same Greek word ktisis meaning God's 'creation'...

Romans 8

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

That "vanity" and "bondage of corruption" idea about the state God placed His creation in is the same Hebrew 'towhuw' idea of Genesis 1:2 and Jeremiah 4:23. It is why God said this about the earth in a state of mourning per Jeremiah 4...

Jeremiah 4

23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger.

27 For thus hath the Lord said, "The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Guest shiloh357

My question was about Romans 8, not Jeremiah 4, but since you brought Jer.4 up also...

God gave the rebellious of His people a warning with the Jeremiah 4:23-28 Scripture, for it was about His destruction upon the earth of old, when He first shook this earth, which is what the comparison in Hebrews 12 with the final end of this world is about...

Hebrews 12

25 See that ye refuse not Him That speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from Him That speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, "Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven."

27 And this word, "Yet once more", signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

The next time God will shake this earth, it will be when He ends this present world on the Day of The Lord at Jesus' second coming, shaking heaven also (Matt.24:29). So when did God shake this earth the first time as per that comparison, "Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven"? It DEFINITELY was NOT when Judah at Judea/Jerusalem rebelled against Him. Nor was it at the time of the flood of Noah's days!

The Romans 8:19 thru 21 verses many have difficulty with because of not understanding the first time God shook this ancient earth. In all of the below KJV words for "creature" and "creation", it is the same Greek word ktisis meaning God's 'creation'...

Romans 8

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

That "vanity" and "bondage of corruption" idea about the state God placed His creation in is the same Hebrew 'towhuw' idea of Genesis 1:2 and Jeremiah 4:23. It is why God said this about the earth in a state of mourning per Jeremiah 4...

Jeremiah 4

23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger.

27 For thus hath the Lord said, "The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Anyone can string a bunch of Scriptures together like lights on a Christmas tree and make the Bible appear to say anything they want.  That's usually how cults approach the Bible.   Your mess here is no different.   You ignore the basic rules of biblical interpretations.  You have to, otherwise you could not come up with such wacky nonsense. 

Hebrews 12

Romans 8

Jeremiah 4

Anyone can string a bunch of Scriptures together like lights on a Christmas tree and make the Bible appear to say anything they want.  That's usually how cults approach the Bible.   Your mess here is no different.   You ignore the basic rules of biblical interpretations.  You have to, otherwise you could not come up with such wacky nonsense. 

Good 'cop out' to get away from those Scriptures as fast as possible, since understanding that is not given to you!

Guest shiloh357

Hebrews 12

Romans 8

Jeremiah 4

Good 'cop out' to get away from those Scriptures as fast as possible, since understanding that is not given to you!

It's not a cop out.  You posted pretty much the same thing in another thread and I already responded to your false doctrines over there.   I saw no reason to keep posting the same responses to same false teaching in two different threads.