IGNORED

Young Earth Creation

Riverwalker

Shiloh I do believe in Gods word....

I do not believe YOUR interpretation is correct....

This not about an interpretation.   God says He created the earth in six days.   What is there to "interpret" about that??   You say it was more than six days.  You implied that you don't take it literally, which means the one engaging in some round-about "interpretation" is you.   You are contradicting what God plainly says.  There is nothing ambiguous about the creation account.  It is straightforward.   The problem lies in your disbelief of what it says.   I don't understand why someone claims to be a Christian wouldn't want to believe what God plainly says?

Jesus in Mark 10:6 says, pertaining to Adam and Eve that God made them "at the beginning of creation."   That means that it wasn't millions of years from the creation of the earth until God finally got around to creating Adam and Eve.   So you are contradicting both God the Father and God the Son. 

God: "I created the earth is six days."

Judas:  "No, you didn't."

God:  "Yes, I did."

Judas:  "Liar."

:thumbsup:

Cool Waters

Thy word is true from the beginning:

and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

To The Dry And Thirsty

Thy word have I hid in mine heart,

that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,422
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Without Noah, I don't see how it would be against the nature of God to wipe everything out and start all over.

Those who in their doctrine get off balance in the sovereignty of God and man equals nothing does see as you

see... but they ignore the vast amount of Scripture that states God's love for man and therein lies the answer

Ezek 33:11

11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no

pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn

from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways;

for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

KJV

2 Peter 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men

count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that

any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

KJV

Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Genesis 1: 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness wason the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Matthew 19:

And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a]them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’[b] and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

The earth and man were all made "in the beginning"

Any argument that does not include biblical information is mere speculation

the simple fact is that God Has stated that In the Beginning He made it all and all within a time period of seven days

not time periods...."So the evening and the morning were the first day."   - Days

It is silly to try and make the truth of God to fit the vagaries of men

Edited by Riverwalker

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

The Romans 8:20-22 Scripture is about God placing His creation in a state of "bondage of corruption" for this present world since Satan's rebellion

That is false.  Just more sloppy handling of Scripture.

Verses 20-22 are referencing the effects of the fall of man. 

In Genesis 1:31, God saw all He had made and it was very good.  The phrase "very good" in Hebrew is an emphatic phrase and it carries the connotation of perfection.   That is how God finished the creative act.   The conditions mentioned vv. 20-22 occurred AFTER Gen. 1:31 at some point and are the result of Adam's sin and the fall of mankind.  The current condition of the earth is the result of man's which Adam allowed into the earth.   It is man's rebellion, not Satan's rebellion, that is to blame for the bondage.

So now Adam was the real cause and bringer of 'death' into the world, including God's creation??

1 John 3

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1 John 3

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Heb.2

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Brethren, if you ever... pick up a treatise putting the blame for the very first sin and bringing death upon this world to Adam's sin, then run, as fast as you can away from that philosophy of men, because they have officially 'cleared' the devil of all wrongdoing by their Adam's fall philosophies.

Guest shiloh357

The Romans 8:20-22 Scripture is about God placing His creation in a state of "bondage of corruption" for this present world since Satan's rebellion

In Genesis 1:31, God saw all He had made and it was very good.  The phrase "very good" in Hebrew is an emphatic phrase and it carries the connotation of perfection.   That is how God finished the creative act.   The conditions mentioned vv. 20-22 occurred AFTER Gen. 1:31 at some point and are the result of Adam's sin and the fall of mankind.  The current condition of the earth is the result of man's which Adam allowed into the earth.   It is man's rebellion, not Satan's rebellion, that is to blame for the bondage.

So now Adam was the real cause and bringer of 'death' into the world, including God's creation??

Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned--for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come. But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many. And the free gift is not like the result of that one man's sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification. For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ. Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous. Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

(Rom 5:12-21)

I guess you don't believe the Bible. 

Brethren, if you ever... pick up a treatise putting the blame for the very first sin and bringing death upon this world to Adam's sin, then run, as fast as you can away from that philosophy of men, because they have officially 'cleared' the devil of all wrongdoing by their Adam's fall philosophies.

that is factually untrue.   The Bible doesn't place the blame for the world's condition on the devil at all.   The Bible blames Adam for the fall and the resultant sin that has led to sickness, disease and universal decay on our earth. 

I am sorry you don't believe the Bible, but the truth is what it is.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I have been back on forth on this issue for most of my Christianity

I am a strict bible believer, I do not think God wrote in Alegory, I believe He wrote what he meant and meant what He wrote

So first lets start with some unassailable Biblical facts

1. God created the earth and the universe, and He spoke it into being. It did not evolve, and the order of creation disallows evolution as possibility. Light being created days before the sun moon and stars. Fish and Birds being created before land animals.

2. According the the geneologies in the bible we can fitfully trace the creation of man to about 6000 years ago.  The bible gives the ages of each of the patriachs up to and including David and Solomon where we can nail a date , to extend to Jesus and then to us.

So I have always believed that man has been around for @ 6000 years and history proves that out, (evolution says MODERN man has been around for 200,000 years..if that is the case then he was awfully quiet for the first 194,000)

But I still tried to reconcile in my head  that the world could have been created well before the creation of man....because of its supposed age.

Until I read the following passages.....again

Matthew 19:4

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Mark 10:6

6 But from the beginning of the creation, God made them male and female.

Jesus, our Lord clearly states, That God made man at the beginning of creation   (not 4.6 billion years later)

Now you can fudge around what that means Beginning, but Jesus' intent is clear, they were made in the creation process.

And Jesus would know, because according to John 1:2  It was by Him that all things were made.

So how do you reconcile the science with the bible truth?

And then it came to me.  Where does it say that everything God creates has to be new?  Adam and Eve were not created as babies, but as full grown mature adults. Would it not make sense then that God would create the earth already old, run in and ready for life?

And so like a play, God put everything in place (the earth the stars, the light already on the way from the stars" and simply cried action.

When presented with two sets of facts.  One from God, and one from men,we must never try to modify God to fit the wisdom of men.

God is always true... Afterall,

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)

I believe the bible clearly shows our historical record being around 6000 years also, what I would throw into the mix is the words of Solomon found in Ecclesiastes 1:9-11

Solomon could trace his own ancestry all the way back to Adam and Eve so his ancesters were remembered, in fact the whole history from Adam and Eve and geneologies were kept in record by the Jews

the wisdom of Solomon may be what Solomon found to be true, the earth itself had a previous history before our biblical creation began

as we see at the end of time everything is burned up and God creates a new heaven and a new earth

I find its important to note God destroyed the earth once in our own historical record

we find on day one the first day of creation, the existance of the earth covered in water and existing in space. We are not given anymore information about where this planet came from and how long it had been existing without form and covered in water

only God knows what occurred on this planet, and we can only speculate from what we find here on earth that doesn't fit with our own historical record

the magoliths of Baalbek would be one of these things

Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned--for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come. But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many. And the free gift is not like the result of that one man's sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification. For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ. Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous. Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

that is factually untrue.   The Bible doesn't place the blame for the world's condition on the devil at all.   The Bible blames Adam for the fall and the resultant sin that has led to sickness, disease and universal decay on our earth. 

I definitely believe God's Word The Bible, what you haven't understood yet is that Satan was actually the first one to sin from the beginning like Apostle John said, and that is how the idea... of 'death' began period, thus Adams' sin was only about imparting sin into the world through man's flesh, which is what the Scripture you quoted is about. God's Word flows perfectly once one comes to an understanding in all of it.

Guest shiloh357

I definitely believe God's Word The Bible, what you haven't understood yet is that Satan was actually the first one to sin from the beginning like Apostle John said, and that is how the idea... of 'death' began period, thus Adams' sin was only about imparting sin into the world through man's flesh, which is what the Scripture you quoted is about. God's Word flows perfectly once one comes to an understanding in all of it.

Satan was the first one to sin, yes.   But it was Adam who brought sin into the world, not Satan.   It was when Adam disobeyed that everything fell apart and that what's the Bible teaches.

Adam's sin brought death into the world.  That's what the Bible teaches.   The Bible doesn't lay the blame on Satan but on Adam.  You need to believe the Bible.

I have been back on forth on this issue for most of my Christianity

I am a strict bible believer, I do not think God wrote in Alegory, I believe He wrote what he meant and meant what He wrote

So first lets start with some unassailable Biblical facts

1. God created the earth and the universe, and He spoke it into being. It did not evolve, and the order of creation disallows evolution as possibility. Light being created days before the sun moon and stars. Fish and Birds being created before land animals.

2. According the the geneologies in the bible we can fitfully trace the creation of man to about 6000 years ago.  The bible gives the ages of each of the patriachs up to and including David and Solomon where we can nail a date , to extend to Jesus and then to us.

So I have always believed that man has been around for @ 6000 years and history proves that out, (evolution says MODERN man has been around for 200,000 years..if that is the case then he was awfully quiet for the first 194,000)

But I still tried to reconcile in my head  that the world could have been created well before the creation of man....because of its supposed age.

Until I read the following passages.....again

Matthew 19:4

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Mark 10:6

6 But from the beginning of the creation, God made them male and female.

Jesus, our Lord clearly states, That God made man at the beginning of creation   (not 4.6 billion years later)

Now you can fudge around what that means Beginning, but Jesus' intent is clear, they were made in the creation process.

And Jesus would know, because according to John 1:2  It was by Him that all things were made.

So how do you reconcile the science with the bible truth?

And then it came to me.  Where does it say that everything God creates has to be new?  Adam and Eve were not created as babies, but as full grown mature adults. Would it not make sense then that God would create the earth already old, run in and ready for life?

And so like a play, God put everything in place (the earth the stars, the light already on the way from the stars" and simply cried action.

When presented with two sets of facts.  One from God, and one from men,we must never try to modify God to fit the wisdom of men.

God is always true... Afterall,

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)

I believe the bible clearly shows our historical record being around 6000 years also, what I would throw into the mix is the words of Solomon found in Ecclesiastes 1:9-11

Solomon could trace his own ancestry all the way back to Adam and Eve so his ancesters were remembered, in fact the whole history from Adam and Eve and geneologies were kept in record by the Jews

the wisdom of Solomon may be what Solomon found to be true, the earth itself had a previous history before our biblical creation began

as we see at the end of time everything is burned up and God creates a new heaven and a new earth

I find its important to note God destroyed the earth once in our own historical record

we find on day one the first day of creation, the existance of the earth covered in water and existing in space. We are not given anymore information about where this planet came from and how long it had been existing without form and covered in water

only God knows what occurred on this planet, and we can only speculate from what we find here on earth that doesn't fit with our own historical record

the magoliths of Baalbek would be one of these things

The 6,000 years idea actually comes from th geneaological record back to Adam, not the geological record of the earth. 4004 B.C. is when scholars like Ussher and Bullinger put his forming in God's Garden.

Guest shiloh357

The 6,000 years idea actually comes from th geneaological record back to Adam, not the geological record of the earth. 4004 B.C. is when scholars like Ussher and Bullinger put his forming in God's Garden.

The Bible says that creation of the earth and all that is in it took 6 days.   That includes Adam.  It is 6,000 years from Day 1 of creation to  today.  Actually Ussher got it wrong in that he failed to take into account the fact that genealogies in the Bible are often telescoped.