• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

I have been back on forth on this issue for most of my Christianity

I am a strict bible believer, I do not think God wrote in Alegory, I believe He wrote what he meant and meant what He wrote

So first lets start with some unassailable Biblical facts

1. God created the earth and the universe, and He spoke it into being. It did not evolve, and the order of creation disallows evolution as possibility. Light being created days before the sun moon and stars. Fish and Birds being created before land animals.

2. According the the geneologies in the bible we can fitfully trace the creation of man to about 6000 years ago.  The bible gives the ages of each of the patriachs up to and including David and Solomon where we can nail a date , to extend to Jesus and then to us.

So I have always believed that man has been around for @ 6000 years and history proves that out, (evolution says MODERN man has been around for 200,000 years..if that is the case then he was awfully quiet for the first 194,000)

But I still tried to reconcile in my head  that the world could have been created well before the creation of man....because of its supposed age.

Until I read the following passages.....again

Matthew 19:4

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Mark 10:6

6 But from the beginning of the creation, God made them male and female.

Jesus, our Lord clearly states, That God made man at the beginning of creation   (not 4.6 billion years later)

Now you can fudge around what that means Beginning, but Jesus' intent is clear, they were made in the creation process.

And Jesus would know, because according to John 1:2  It was by Him that all things were made.

So how do you reconcile the science with the bible truth?

And then it came to me.  Where does it say that everything God creates has to be new?  Adam and Eve were not created as babies, but as full grown mature adults. Would it not make sense then that God would create the earth already old, run in and ready for life?

And so like a play, God put everything in place (the earth the stars, the light already on the way from the stars" and simply cried action.

When presented with two sets of facts.  One from God, and one from men,we must never try to modify God to fit the wisdom of men.

God is always true... Afterall,

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)

Edited by Riverwalker

Guest shiloh357
And then it came to me.  Where does it say that everything God creates has to be new?  Adam and Eve were not created as babies, but as full grown mature adults. Would it not make sense then that God would create the earth already old, run in and ready for life?

You're correct.   God created everything functionally mature.  He created animals and plants and animals mature enough to reproduce.   He created fruit and vegetables ready to eat on the trees and in the ground, in my opinion.

I was reading a blurb from one scientist and he said that the biggest problem for evolutionists is the origin of life. Life does not come from inanimate objects.  Nothing evolves from nonliving substances into living substances.  Proteins require DNA.  DNA is what is needed for RNA and you need RNA to have proteins.  There has to be a living intelligent cause, or in other words, an all-wise Creator, for life to begin.

The argument made evolutionists that life developed absent of an intelligent Creator and Designer is simply absurd.

There is the "Gap Theory." True or False?

~

Day

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:5

By Day

And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. Genesis 1:8

By Day You See

And the evening and the morning were the third day. Genesis 1:13

And As For The "Gap", Well There You Go~!

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(a-c )

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

There is a Gap Theory...True, But it is false  :grin:

There is a Gap Theory...True, But it is false  :grin:

:thumbsup:

Amen, The LORD's Commandments

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:8-11

Have No Part In The Theories

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 1:4

Of Those Scoffers

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

As I See It

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

Guest Judas Machabeus

I use to be be a young earth creationist. Not so sure anymore. I do believe that God created everything including man.

I am not so sure in the literal 7 day.creation story. I do not believe in capital E Evolution but I do believe in small e evolution.

I believe that it was possible that God created the world and wether it's billiobs or millions of years later he created Man. The book of Genisis was written for an extremely primitive people so naturally it would have been written in terms they would understand.

Guest shiloh357

I use to be be a young earth creationist. Not so sure anymore. I do believe that God created everything including man.

I am not so sure in the literal 7 day.creation story. I do not believe in capital E Evolution but I do believe in small e evolution.

I believe that it was possible that God created the world and wether it's billiobs or millions of years later he created Man. The book of Genisis was written for an extremely primitive people so naturally it would have been written in terms they would understand.

Primitive people???   Not hardly.    The Bible says that God created the earth in six days.  To imply that people back then had be told six days 'cause they were too primitive to understand millions or billions of years  isn't true.  Ancient people were far more advanced than we give them credit.

God said six days  and he said it more than one place so we would not misunderstand. He said in Exodus that He created the earth in six days. 

Guest Butero

I do believe in the gap theory and a pre-Adamite race, however, I am not dogmatic about it.  It is just a theory, and I realize I could be completely wrong.  I do believe the Genesis account of creation was 7 literal 24 hour days.  I do believe the earth as we know it came into being exactly as recorded in Genesis.  I can't go along with any teaching that outright contradicts the Bible.  I do believe there was a literal Adam and Eve, and that we are all descendants of them.  I believe in a literal worldwide flood involving Noah. 

As far as the age of the earth goes, I can accept an old earth if the gap theory is correct, but I can easily believe it could be just 6000 to 10,000 years of age.  I don't have any confidence in carbon dating, and there is a theory that when the flood occurred, it messed up the ability to use carbon dating accurately for things older than the time of the flood.  The bottom line is that we have no way of knowing in absolute terms, but I do reject the idea that Genesis is nothing more than an allegory.  That is utter nonsense to me.