IGNORED

Young Earth Creation

Riverwalker

Guest Butero

I don't believe God revealed everything he has done in the Bible, so it is quite possible something like the gap theory could be true, though not recorded.  Of course you cannot prove a negative.  I never said you could.  I am just saying there is no way to prove the gap theory is wrong.  I am not asking for proof either way.  It is an unproven theory.  It could be completely wrong, but that doesn't mean it is wrong. 

I do have a question concerning something you said, that doesn't make sense to me, so perhaps you can clear it up. 

The gap theory not only contradicts Genesis, it contradicts the revealed nature of God.

How exactly does it contradict the revealed nature of God? 

Guest shiloh357

I don't believe God revealed everything he has done in the Bible, so it is quite possible something like the gap theory could be true, though not recorded.

The gap theory contradicts God's essential nature.  Based on what He has revealed about Himself, the Gap Theory is simply a nonstarter and impossible.

How exactly does it contradict the revealed nature of God?

The Gap Theory holds that there was a pre-adamite race of human beings on a previous earth, which God destroyed.   God's nature is redemptive and He has never judged the earth to the extent that mankind was completely wiped out.  That isn't how God operates.  The Gap Theory contradicts the mercy, grace and forbearance of God. It contradicts His redemptive nature.   God seeks to redeem what is lost, but the Gap Theory stands in stark contrast to that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Going back to my original simple thought

if God created the world old and run in all of those occurrences, floods, ice ages, dinosaurs  would be etched into the history of that newly created earth....BUT THEY WOULD NOT HAVE ACTUALLY OCCURED

So Scientists would get readings of 4.5 billion years old

Dinosaurs would be fossils in the ground

The ground would be perculating fossile fuels

But again that is just the stage dressing God Provided

Jesus said as it is recorded twice in the gospels.....MAN was made at the beginning.....not 4.5 billion years later

What science is seeing, is the prep work of God...but God does not need 4.5 billion years to make a 4.5 billion year old earth

Guest shiloh357

I think it would be a mistake to say that God created the earth old.   Those identifying marks we associate with age are the product of deterioration and decay over time and the earth did not start to decay until after Adam fell and plunged the world into mire of sin.

For God to create the earth "old" really makes no sense.   Why would God want to  the make the earth old?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

I think it would be a mistake to say that God created the earth old.   Those identifying marks we associate with age are the product of deterioration and decay over time and the earth did not start to decay until after Adam fell and plunged the world into mire of sin.

For God to create the earth "old" really makes no sense.   Why would God want to  the make the earth old?

So it would be ready for life....

He didn't create Adam or Eve as Babies.....but already old

Same with all the animals

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/06/1974

https://answersingenesis.org/theory-of-evolution/millions-of-years/jesus-devastates-an-old-earth/

Just read a article on this very subject today, I don't buy the 'The Old Earth /Gap Theory' especially after studying the Nephilim/Genisis 6 expiriment.

*** YouTube links have to be posted in the Video Forums only, not in threads outside of those forums. ***

Edited by OneLight
You Tube links removed.

Guest Butero

I don't really think that it is against the nature of God to think he would wipe out an entire population and start over.  He all but did that with Noah's flood.  Why can you accept that story as real and reject the idea God destroyed every living creature, just because in the case of Noah, he spared one family from the entire earth?  God also sentences people to eternity in hell.  I don't see how the gap theory contradicts God's nature, but thanks for explaining why you believe it does.  I also don't see why it is impossible, just because he didn't directly reveal it to himself. 

Guest shiloh357

I don't really think that it is against the nature of God to think he would wipe out an entire population and start over.

God always shows himself to be redemptive, even in judgment.

He all but did that with Noah's flood. Why can you accept that story as real and reject the idea God destroyed every living creature, just because in the case of Noah, he spared one family from the entire earth?

Noah's flood makes my point, perfectly.   God never issues a judgment on the earth that places all of mankind beyond redemption.

Had there been a pre-adamite of human beings, God would have sought to redeem them and not destroy them out of existence.  God never changes and so for God enact judgment without the possibility redemption would again, contradict His nature.  God always finds a way to express His desire to redeem mankind rather than destroy them.  He, by all accounts, could have destroyed Adam and Eve when they were the only two people on earth, but chose to redeem them.

I don't see how the gap theory contradicts God's nature, but thanks for explaining why you believe it does.  I also don't see why it is impossible, just because he didn't directly reveal it to himself. 

God also sentences people to eternity in hell.

No, He doesn't.   The angels are sentenced to hell, but Jesus didn't die to redeem angels.  Angels are nonredeemable.    However, God does  NOT "sentence" human beings to hell.  Hell is the consequence continued separation from God.  Man, if he rejects Christ, goes to hell as a consequence of that rejection.  Man elects Hell.   That is the "default" setting for unregenerate man.

Besides, no one goes to hell because didn't make an effort to redeem them.   Had there been a pre-adamite race of men, God would have redeemed them.

Guest shiloh357

So it would be ready for life....

He didn't create Adam or Eve as Babies.....but already old

Same with all the animals

No, He created them functionally mature. He did not create them "Old."   He created everything in a mature state and able to support life.  That's not the same as saying He created them "old."

Guest Butero

In the case of the flood, God chose not to destroy all of mankind because one man, Noah, found grace in his sight.  Suppose Noah had not existed.  Then what?  Maybe there wasn't a single anything on the earth during the time of a pre-Adamite race worthy of redemption. 

God does sentence people to hell.  Who makes the final decision on the fate of each individual at the great White throne judgment?  People may wind up in hell because of decisions they made in this life, but God himself will sentence them to hell as a result of those decisions.  What you are saying would be the equivalent of a judge sentencing a man to die in the electric chair, and you saying the judge didn't sentence him to the chair, the man sent himself there because of his crimes.  The man didn't choose the chair.  He just committed the crime.  Nobody chooses to go to hell.  They choose to reject Christ, and God sentences them to hell.  When you read in places like Matthew 25:41, where it says, "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels," it is God pronouncing sentence, not the people pronouncing sentence on themselves.  The people wound want to have their cake and eat it too.  They would choose to live for themselves now and still live in heaven in the next life.  That would be their choice if they could make it, but God doesn't give them that option.