Photograph on my son's phone

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

My son is in his 20's and lives with me.  I recently looked at the photos on his phone and saw two selfies he had taken ** Removed **.

(added by NCN , " A rude gesture")

This took me completely by surprise as it didn't look like MY son.  He doesn't smoke, drink, or even swear and has never been in any trouble. 

We attend church together. 

When I asked him about it, he said it was nothing and he just thought it was a cool picture. 

He said it wasn't directed at anyone and that he doesn't have any pent up anger.  

Do you think I got upset over nothing?    

Edited by ncn
Please remember Worthy is a family friendly

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

I have edited your thread title and removed the detail of the self photograph, changing it to , "a rude gesture" 

Please remember that Worthy has younger members and guests who read the forums. 

It's not necessary to use explicit language to ask a question or voice an opinion. 

How we express ourselves is also a testimony to others.  

The same advice might be a good topic to start discussing with your son. 

God Bless , 

Nigel. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

My son is in his 20's and lives with me.  I recently looked at the photos on his phone and saw two selfies he had taken ** Removed **.

(added by NCN , " A rude gesture")

This took me completely by surprise as it didn't look like MY son.  He doesn't smoke, drink, or even swear and has never been in any trouble. 

We attend church together. 

When I asked him about it, he said it was nothing and he just thought it was a cool picture. 

He said it wasn't directed at anyone and that he doesn't have any pent up anger.  

Do you think I got upset over nothing?    

So....do you really know your son and what he is really doing?I would be cautious.

He's not done anything wrong that I'm aware of.  He said he could (do rude gesture) and a second later be petting the cat...that it's meaningless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Honey, your son is an adult who is doing things you do not know about, and you just saw a little bit of it. Either accept that or maybe stop snooping

Honey, your son is an adult who is doing things you do not know about, and you just saw a little bit of it. Either accept that or maybe stop snooping

If he's doing bad things it's NOT acceptable to me.  However, I can practically rule out everything. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm not sure what the hand gesture was, but if that's the worst thing you've seen him do count your blessings.....    It's OK to tell him you don't approve but I don't think it's wise to make an issue out of it unless it's a spiritual thing....   There are some occultic hand signals that I would be worried about if anyone was taking selfies doing.

I'm not sure what the hand gesture was, but if that's the worst thing you've seen him do count your blessings.....    It's OK to tell him you don't approve but I don't think it's wise to make an issue out of it unless it's a spiritual thing....   There are some occultic hand signals that I would be worried about if anyone was taking selfies doing.

Honestly, that IS the worst I've ever seen or heard of him doing (flipping off).  That's why I was so surprised.  I want to be a diligent parent but don't want to overreact. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Honestly, that IS the worst I've ever seen or heard of him doing (flipping off).  That's why I was so surprised.  I want to be a diligent parent but don't want to overreact. 

consider yourself very blessed if that's the worst thing he's done.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Does he live at home?? If so he should honour your wishes or as Judge Judy would so eloquently say... As long as he breathes your air, he should follow your wishes. Isn't this the same as honouring your parents?? It does reflect on him and his parents. Young people forget that what is public can stay public even to prospective employers.