OneOfGodsOwn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

God created hell for Satan and his angels and those who are not believers in Jesus Christ.God does not send anyone to hell.The unbeliever sends them self to hell.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What is a choice if it is not between one or another?  In everything we know of this live, there are opposites.  Hot/cold, up/down, in/out, light/dark, etc.  What would you replace hell with when choosing between heaven or hell?  God or Satan? 

As for why not have a second chance, to go through life again and again until we get it right.  What makes you think one would "get it right" if they did not get it right the first time around?  We have a lifetime to consider Gods word.

But I can choose between things that are not opposites too. Like if I want mashed potatoes or tomato soup or if I want the lights totally off or just dim. I mean I see what you are saying that this life is our test so there isn't a point in giving us another chance, but I don't see the point in putting people in hell either.

God created hell for Satan and his angels and those who are not believers in Jesus Christ.God does not send anyone to hell.The unbeliever sends them self to hell.

Hell is made for the devil and his angels....man who refuses God's gift of salvation is cast into outer darkness

I didn't know God made it for angels, but I still don't understand why. Why put people in it? What does putting people or even angels in hell accomplish?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

What is a choice if it is not between one or another?  In everything we know of this live, there are opposites.  Hot/cold, up/down, in/out, light/dark, etc.  What would you replace hell with when choosing between heaven or hell?  God or Satan? 

As for why not have a second chance, to go through life again and again until we get it right.  What makes you think one would "get it right" if they did not get it right the first time around?  We have a lifetime to consider Gods word.

But I can choose between things that are not opposites too. Like if I want mashed potatoes or tomato soup or if I want the lights totally off or just dim. I mean I see what you are saying that this life is our test so there isn't a point in giving us another chance, but I don't see the point in putting people in hell either.

So, what does that have to do with choosing between following God or not?  Either you do, or you don't.  Those who do, choose eternity with Him.  Those who do not, choose eternity without Him.  We have a whole lifetime to make up our minds, yet we are not told how long our life will be.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Why did God do this....because that is the result of the choice He gives us. Heaven or Hell

My question is why is that the choice. Why not the choice of heaven and another trip to earth or heaven#2 or a time out corner?

What good does hell do?

Because the purpose is to sort us out.  We have ample time in this life time to demonstrate to God what he needs to know.  God is gathering to himself a willing people...a family. And if people don't want to be a part of that...then so be it.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Hell is made for the devil and his angels....man who refuses God's gift of salvation is cast into outer darkness

I didn't know God made it for angels, but I still don't understand why. Why put people in it? What does putting people or even angels in hell accomplish?

That is the fallen angels.The angels that were cast out of heaven with Lucifer.There were 1/3 of the angels that were cast out of heaven with Satan.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Everyone is in a swift current of the ungodly going to hell. God says no one is righteous, no not one, All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. No one is perfect enough to go to heaven by himself.

God offers us a free gift of salvation. But the free gift is eternal life through Christ Jesus. Trust in Christ. His hand is held out to all who will receive it. You are not forced to take His loving help. But there is no other choice. There is no half way stop. There is no choice after death. There is no coming back from the dead but through Christ, no way to God the Father but through Christ, and no way to heaven but through Christ. There is no way to be dilivered from sinful lifestyles but through the Spirit of Christ coming into us and living in us. He is the source of all true love, joy, peace, patient endurance, kindness, goodness, gentleness, or self control.

Christianity is the only religion in which God comes to man to reveal Himself, His nature and personality, His love, and to offer mankind a way into His presence through a free gift purchased by the death and blood of Jesus Christ.

Something is going wrong here. I feel like everyone is answering a different question. Did I ask it wrong or am I missing something?

What if I ask what the purpose of hell is?
Everyone seems to be talking about how people get there. Is the point of hell because people send themselves? I don't understand this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

If Jesus is the light, and everything good, and calls to each of us to come to Him, and we choose not to, what would you call eternity spent in the absence of that?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Something is going wrong here. I feel like everyone is answering a different question. Did I ask it wrong or am I missing something?

What if I ask what the purpose of hell is?

Everyone seems to be talking about how people get there. Is the point of hell because people send themselves? I don't understand this.

Hell was prepared for the devil and fallen angels. For them to occupy. But since folks sin and fall away from God, He sends them there too.